Adrian Peterson is a Seahawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1w7tz452 said:
You gotta be $hitting me.

I'm not normally one to care all too much about the character of guys on our team, but this is a man who took a switch to his children, and one of them was beaten badly enough to have endured lacerations to the scrotum.

Excuse me while I barf. Terrible, terrible signing.

If you don't misbehave around him, you should be alright.

kf3339

Reaction score
PC grasping for straws. It's a complete joke. He's becoming even more senile by the day.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the motivation or morals behind signing AP.

Think he moves the needle at all?

I see him getting hit and brought down behind, at, or just past the LOS as the rest of the RBs have. Maybe he can push for a yard or two from there once in a while.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This would be great news, if it was 2015.

If a physical run team like the Titans kicked Peterson to the curb? I can't imagine he has anything to offer us, other than insurance.

hoxrox

Reaction score
This is nothing more than an insurance signing.

Carson - out
Penny - out
Collins - limited (groin/abdomen)
Homer - out

Dallas is the only healthy back and we saw what happened on that 3rd and short attempt.

hawker84

Reaction score
Let's see here, an illusive RB like Collins who can make people miss can't seem to find success behind this line, so Pete thinks an aging one dimensional back will who requires gaps and actual running lanes to be successful is the answer?

Sounds about right...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
They should have signed Philip Lindsay when he became available. He's not an all pro but he's as good as anyone we already have (healthy).

classicaaron

Reaction score
throw enough sh!t at the wall and something is bound to stick...either that or we just stink more and more as you add more crap.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1hp3a6nu said:
This would be great news, if it was 2015.

If a physical run team like the Titans kicked Peterson to the curb? I can't imagine he has anything to offer us, other than insurance.

I dunno - I like it. But I've always liked AP.

A team with a physical run game kicking him to the curb? I think that kinda makes the point a bit. It's not like a shitty team that couldn't run kicked him to the curb - that would truly mean he's worthless.

I don't think it'll matter much here - I can't imaging that AP is the difference between winning out and not - but hey - at least it's SOMETHING to watch other than 4 moon passes into double coverage 40 yards down the field every game!

Ya, I'm bitter.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5vddggbr said:
He'll fit right in with this "running game"
A whole lotta' nothing.

This

I doubt Barry Sanders could do anything behind that line and with those run schemes.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs said:
SoulfishHawk said:

It's not the scheme its player execution mostly on short yardage. You think it's the scheme? well then break it down and prove it. easy to make a bunch of accusations that are general in nature,,

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":n3wglwbk said:
pittpnthrs":n3wglwbk said:
SoulfishHawk":n3wglwbk said:

It's not the scheme its player execution mostly on short yardage. You think it's the scheme? well then break it down and prove it. easy to make a bunch of accusations that are general in nature,,

LTH

Why bother? You still wouldnt understand or believe it. Instead of breaking down the X and O's of their predictable running game, how about just watching a game to see how ineffective it is. If the players fail to execute time after time after time, maybe the coach should change whats going on instead of just hoping for a better result doing the same thing over and over again.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":v7x5i9kk said:
LTH":v7x5i9kk said:
pittpnthrs":v7x5i9kk said:
SoulfishHawk":v7x5i9kk said:

LTH

Why bother? You still wouldnt understand or believe it. Instead of breaking down the X and O's of their predictable running game, how about just watching a game to see how ineffective it is. If the players fail to execute time after time after time, maybe the coach should change whats going on instead of just hoping for a better result doing the same thing over and over again.

The Hawks are averaging 4.2 yards a carry that's good enough to be effective. the problem is Carson and penny are hurt and they don't have that physical back that can pound it in there to get the 3rd and short as evident in the WFT game. Look at the stats over the last few years it's not like the Hawks run game hasn't been there. (stat guys you're on) if it was scheme the numbers would reflect that and they don't.

So then it must be bad drafting, Right?.

Did the Hawks address Carsons injury problem yes, they did.

They drafted Penny because Carson can't stay healthy. Penny had a major knee injury.

Penny's numbers were good till the knee injury. Was it Penny's fault he had a bad knee injury? NO.

Is it Penny's fault that he was not the same back coming off of major knee surgery? NO.

Is it the Hawks fault Penny hurt his Knee? NO

Did Penny have Injury problems in College NO

So you see this as a bad draft pick judging after the fact. I see this as bad luck.

LTH

James in PA

Reaction score
I just watched his presser. He said the only thing left that he wants to accomplish is winning a championship.

Poor guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LTH":8bikqd0s said:
pittpnthrs":8bikqd0s said:

The Hawks are averaging 4.2 yards a carry that's good enough to be effective. the problem is Carson and penny are hurt and they don't have that physical back that can pound it in there to get the 3rd and short as evident in the WFT game. Look at the stats over the last few years it's not like the Hawks run game hasn't been there. (stat guys you're on) if it was scheme the numbers would reflect that and they don't.

So then it must be bad drafting, Right?.

Did the Hawks address Carsons injury problem yes, they did.

They drafted Penny because Carson can't stay healthy. Penny had a major knee injury.

Penny's numbers were good till the knee injury. Was it Penny's fault he had a bad knee injury? NO.

Is it Penny's fault that he was not the same back coming off of major knee surgery? NO.

Penny is not a physical back. He has never been effective running between the tackles. He is better when he is in open space around the edge.

Is it the Hawks fault Penny hurt his Knee? NO

Did Penny have Injury problems in College NO

So you see this as a bad draft pick judging after the fact. I see this as bad luck.

LTH

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would've rather they called up that Josh Johnson kid from the practice squad.

But hey, that's why I'm an overweight loser working a dead end job

LTH

Reaction score
LMAO!! oh man!! thats harsh bro!

LTH