If you were Russ, where is your ideal destination for next s

toffee

Reaction score
In my mind, Russ is a generational talent who transformed the position of QB, he will be a first ballot HOF, which I gave no doubt.

Russ is also a super ambitious person, who wants to end his career as the best in history , and he likes to own a NFL Franchise and may be one day run for president.

Where is most ideal destination that you as Russ will want to go for 2022 onwards? Hawks with Pete, Hawk without Pete but who? Philly? Giant? Bronco? Miami? Houston? New Orleans? Rams? 9ers?

Rams would be ideal? LA, McVay, and Stafford is not close to be as good as Russ, regardless what Golden Tate said.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Throwdown

Reaction score
Miami is built insanely well, broncos are as well, gotta be one of them.

Carolina maybe?

James in PA

Reaction score
The NY Giants make the most sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
James in PA":2gbrzn1n said:
The NY Giants make the most sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Giants has a poor OL, after trading our Russ, they will have no picks to fix that?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Throwdown":31ugqm60 said:
Miami is built insanely well, broncos are as well, gotta be one of them.

Carolina maybe?
If these three, Miami?

massari

Reaction score
With Sean Payton in Seattle

Russell Wilson‘s agent specifically identified the Saints as one of the four teams to which Wilson would accept a trade. Payton could be fascinated by the possibilities of constructing an offense around the quarterback who throws the best deep ball in all of football, and who can accurately distribute the various short routes that fuel the New Orleans offense.

It also won’t be a surprise, frankly, if Payton’s name makes a re-emergence on the Sunday Splash! circuit as a guy who could be moving on after the season. if Payton can’t bring a franchise quarterback to him, maybe he’ll take himself to a franchise quarterback.

Mizak

Reaction score
Heard Broncos have the cap space to go after Rodgers or Wilson.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Saints would be a perfect fit. The Browns also if they decide to move away from Mayfield. Browns have the best OL and strong running game. With RW they become an instant championship contender.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Would love to see what a creative mind like Payton could do for Russ.
New Orleans for sure.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
In the NFC West, I think the 49ers could be a really good fit too. They have the necessary components that RW would excel in - strong running game, good OL, good WRs, and strong defense. But since they invested in Trey Lance, they probably wouldn't be interested.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":7vippj30 said:
In the NFC West, I think the 49ers could be a really good fit too. They have the necessary components that RW would excel in - strong running game, good OL, good WRs, and strong defense. But since they invested in Trey Lance, they probably wouldn't be interested.
Both 9ers and Rams could work if this were the last off-season, but trading Russ to a divisional rival would be unlikely for sure super surprised that McVay didn't try last off season. Russ so much better than Stafford.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
iigakusei":2q42sehu said:
Would love to see what a creative mind like Payton could do for Russ.
New Orleans for sure.
True but no sure a small market team fits the long term goal, and is NO good to raise a family?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Mizak":148udj9f said:
Heard Broncos have the cap space to go after Rodgers or Wilson.
Bronco is sounding the most likely, not sure if they wanna pick Russ over Rodgers?

Rat

Reaction score
LOL Russ will never be able to own an NFL team. There's a reason that none of the current owners made their wealth as athletes.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
massari":dj6hdycb said:

Russell Wilson‘s agent specifically identified the Saints as one of the four teams to which Wilson would accept a trade. Payton could be fascinated by the possibilities of constructing an offense around the quarterback who throws the best deep ball in all of football, and who can accurately distribute the various short routes that fuel the New Orleans offense.

It also won’t be a surprise, frankly, if Payton’s name makes a re-emergence on the Sunday Splash! circuit as a guy who could be moving on after the season. if Payton can’t bring a franchise quarterback to him, maybe he’ll take himself to a franchise quarterback.

Payton with 1 superbowl.

hinton

Reaction score
I agree that RW is a first ballot HOFer, even if he never plays another snap in the NFL.

That said, I think that would be best for RW is probably very different to what RW thinks would be good for himself.

If RW were to move AND succeed I think he'd need a HC that would truly hold him to account. Tomlin / Steelers, Payton / Saints, Arians / Buccs (assuming Brady ever actually retires) are the only teams that spring to mind. If Gruden was still at the Raiders that might have been a fir.

Over the last couple of years RW seems to have the idea that he can play a certain kind of way, has got his way to an extent... and he's regressed. To my eye RW was at his best when the coaching staff had him on a tighter least. Payton, Tomlin and Arians will do that, I'm not sure many other coaches in the league have the standing to be able to do that.

I struggle to envision a scenario where RW goes to a team like Denver, Miami, Chicago, etc (with a less established HC) where RW has a high level of autonomy, and it ends up being successful. It could happen for sure, but I doubt it.

Boycie

Reaction score
massari":4qgiz6n5 said:

Just because he is almost as big as Brees, he thinks he can play just like him under Payton. The problem is, Russ doesn't step up in the pocket like DB did.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":1qgppwu1 said:
massari":1qgppwu1 said:

Just because he is almost as big as Brees, he thinks he can play just like him under Payton. The problem is, Russ doesn't step up in the pocket like DB did.
But Brees couldn't run or run around avoiding like Russ. Hey I did advocate trading Russ last off season, but I have no doubt about what Russ can do or he is a first ballot HOF.