Adrian Peterson is a Seahawk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":14z7had8 said:
pittpnthrs":14z7had8 said:

Why bother? You still wouldnt understand or believe it. Instead of breaking down the X and O's of their predictable running game, how about just watching a game to see how ineffective it is. If the players fail to execute time after time after time, maybe the coach should change whats going on instead of just hoping for a better result doing the same thing over and over again.

The Hawks are averaging 4.2 yards a carry that's good enough to be effective. the problem is Carson and penny are hurt and they don't have that physical back that can pound it in there to get the 3rd and short as evident in the WFT game. Look at the stats over the last few years it's not like the Hawks run game hasn't been there. (stat guys you're on) if it was scheme the numbers would reflect that and they don't.

So then it must be bad drafting, Right?.

Did the Hawks address Carsons injury problem yes, they did.

They drafted Penny because Carson can't stay healthy. Penny had a major knee injury.

Penny's numbers were good till the knee injury. Was it Penny's fault he had a bad knee injury? NO.

Is it Penny's fault that he was not the same back coming off of major knee surgery? NO.

Is it the Hawks fault Penny hurt his Knee? NO

Did Penny have Injury problems in College NO

So you see this as a bad draft pick judging after the fact. I see this as bad luck.

LTH

Its obvious at this point that Penny is done. He cant stay healthy to save his life and yet Pete is still holding on to him. Why is the question? The only answer I can come up with is Pete has to satisfy his ego and try to validate the draft pick. Penny is nothing more than dead weight on the roster.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't see Penny's resultant injuries as the biggest indicator he was a "bad pick"; I don't think anybody saw that coming. It's more that he was widely considered quite a reach at the time he was drafted. Granted, if he was really their guy they maybe couldn't have got him in the 2nd round (?) And really, if they wanted a between the tackles, every-down runner to stand in for Carson, thorough scouting analysis should have revealed Penny might not have been their guy.

What makes it worse is the stubborness to stick with him at all costs. Carson was always going to have trouble staying on the field (resigning Carson has to work into the equation somewhere by itself). And even now, Penny hasn't really been replaced as he clearly should have been by this point. They didn't draft Homer or Dallas as eventual every-down backs, which they definitely aren't. Since Penny's been hurt there have been a lot of seviceable backs drafted in lower rounds. What do the Hawks do?... sign Alex Collins hard off the street and hope he can somehow carry the load.

Looking at the totality of choices and decisions made here (granted not all the results were foreseeable, but many red flags were ignored and then managed poorly) it seems like a dismal recipe for developing and maintaining a successful run-game.

So here we are picking up AP.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Isn't he something like 53 years old by now?

Can he even take the punishment that Carroll puts on his RBs?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
His career will be ended here, with the constant just slam it up between the tackles and expecting it to work.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1zaedwbd said:
His career will be ended here, with the constant just slam it up between the tackles and expecting it to work.

I don't see this a bad signing. I mean I'm not looking at it as a home run but I think there is some benefit to having a vet like AP

The guy knows how to play the position well
He is a great pass blocker
He is very familiar with the zone blocking scheme.
He is a good receiver. People think that he is not a good receiver but its because the Vikings didn't use him in that role
He could be used to get a crucial first down or put in position to make a big play
He is not going to turn the ball over
He is a great locker room player
Carroll thinks he might have some more juice in the tank
It's not costing a crap load of money
I cant really think of a down side The worst thing that could happen is he could be marginal but he would get us through till we got some guys healthy. the best thing that could happen is that he plays well.

This is a good thing man.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The people who see this as a bad signing are probably afraid we might start winning. This might prevent the entire team from getting blown up, which would prevent us from spending the next 20 years trying to once again become relevant. :roll:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Signing AP, that's pretty cool.

Oh wait is it 2021 and not 2010? Who cares. Two games before he's cut.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1467229451670880258[/tweet]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
GeekHawk":vfw7tojl said:
The people who see this as a bad signing are probably afraid we might start winning. This might prevent the entire team from getting blown up, which would prevent us from spending the next 20 years trying to once again become relevant. :roll:

Do you really want to stay the course though? Hard to admit, but Seattle is one of the worst teams in the league. At what point should changes be made.

Also, Adrian Peterson is not going to be a difference maker. His signing is irrelevant other than being a necessity.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete's gonna put AP in charge of discipline for players who make bonehead plays or give poor effort.

Hawks run the table from here, finish 9-8 despite AP getting less than 5 carries per game. AP's mere presence is inspiration enough. Avoiding a lacerated scrotum suddenly becomes highly motivating for entire team.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
We run the ball 10-12 times a game. We just need a roster body with everyone hurt. They don't publish practice squad injury report, so it could be the young kid isn't healthy either and they needed another warm body that could play