Bring in Colin Kaepernick for a look

SNDavidson

Reaction score
(This is predicated on Russ moving on)

What could Waldron do with a 35 year old Kaepernick/Penny/Everett/Dissley/DK/Lockett?

Tell the dude to make two reads and then just run, make him lean/light.

Championship? What say ye?

toffee

Reaction score
no reason why not, even just to kick the tire as vet minimum backup .

Jville

Reaction score
Why not just bump one of the many many old ...... Kaepernick threads?

Isn't there anything new under the sun of interest?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
You do realize that the guy hasn’t played football in years, right? Kapernick without his legs isn’t a very good QB. I’m also convinced that he doesn’t even want to play in the NFL anymore, certainly not for backup money. You’d have to pay the guy starting QB wages to even get him at the table.

Not going to happen.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3k2l5r68 said:
You do realize that the guy hasn’t played football in years, right? Kapernick without his legs isn’t a very good QB. I’m also convinced that he doesn’t even want to play in the NFL anymore, certainly not for backup money. You’d have to pay the guy starting QB wages to even get him at the table.

Not going to happen.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/08/colin-ka ... r-goodell/

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2ston1fi said:
Yea lets replace russ with a 35yr old.

Who else you got?

All resources to the trenches I think this works for 2-3 years which allows for a 1st round rookie to develop.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I guess I'm just not understanding why you think Kap at his age still has former legs that Wilson doesn't?

Are you just advocating a feel good story/trying to have Kap get paid?

Worst case scenario, it is just a feel good story and he sucks because he doesn't have the same legs anymore (kinda like Wilson -- referencing his legs, not Wilson's performance as a whole) and it's literally no different than finding some other QB as a stopgap (except for the glaring fact that Kap hasn't played a down in the NFL since January 2017). He might still be in "tip top shape" as mentioned in an article 1.5 years old but everyone who knows football knows there's a difference between being in shape and in game shape.

Best case scenario, we do well enough to not get a top 10 pick for a few years, meaning it'll be harder to get that coveted top pick QB without having to trade picks for it.

I'm not opposed to kicking the tires at all, but there's so much doubt that he'd be any better than a current backup QB in the league, which we have 2 of already (unless I'm mistaken). Also it might stir up even more controversy with the Hawks to bring him in and decide he's not up to par, then it's back to the league being racist again.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SNDavidson":gtx65cjz said:
Spin Doctor":gtx65cjz said:

Not going to happen.

...and?

That article is from 2020, it doesn't matter how long he's been working out. He is going to be a 35 year old QB come November that hasn't taken a snap in 5 years. That means he is not in game shape and his passing is likely extremely rusty. He was also a QB that relied on his mobility to open things up for him. How much of that mobility does a 35 year old Kaepernick realistically have?

That article does nothing to dispel concerns about his potential play and game readiness. Collin Kaepernick is not the answer.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1ft0jt00 said:
Shanegotyou11":1ft0jt00 said:
Yea lets replace russ with a 35yr old.

Who else you got?

All resources to the trenches I think this works for 2-3 years which allows for a 1st round rookie to develop.

Id take minshew over Kap. It would not cost much. Russ is back anyway

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1r7z1w6v said:
SNDavidson":1r7z1w6v said:
Spin Doctor":1r7z1w6v said:

Not going to happen.

...and?

That article is from 2020, it doesn't matter how long he's been working out. He is going to be a 35 year old QB come November that hasn't taken a snap in 5 years. That means he is not in game shape and his passing is likely extremely rusty. He was also a QB that relied on his mobility to open things up for him. How much of that mobility does a 35 year old Kaepernick realistically have?

That article does nothing to dispel concerns about his potential play and game readiness. Collin Kaepernick is not the answer.

I don't think anyone is saying he's the answer, but he might be better than what the Patriots did with Cam.

I think it's from summer, so it's roughly 18 months old, he's in shape.

seabowl

Reaction score
When CK is 80 will people still be suggesting he play QB? Absolutely absurd.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
seabowl":rh9ghiph said:

I guess maybe all I'm saying is I would definitely not use the word "absurd". It's not "absolutely absurd" unless you're biased.

Here's a more recent article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaep ... -training/

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

Kaepernick, 33, hasn't played in a professional football game since 2016 after leading the kneeling protests during the national anthem to bring attention to police brutality and racial injustice.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
SNDavidson":zg4s0yu3 said:
seabowl":zg4s0yu3 said:

I guess maybe all I'm saying is I would definitely not use the word "absurd". It's not "absolutely absurd" unless you're biased.

Here's a more recent article:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaep ... -training/

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

Kaepernick, 33, hasn't played in a professional football game since 2016 after leading the kneeling protests during the national anthem to bring attention to police brutality and racial injustice.

I don’t respond to these threads because they are just a trap. If you disagree for any reason you are a racist. See bolded part by OP. Kaep is a Dick that skipped a special treatment NFL sponsored workout for the idiot. He didn’t show up. Once and always a loser at both in the NFL and in Life.

I would not mind bringing in Cam though he is certainly not a long term solution.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
He’ll, I’d see what Buffalo would take for Trubiski before thinking about CK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stud

Reaction score
Ugh, liberals just need to get off the Kap schtick. The guy wasn't even good when he was playing, and you want him to get signed 5 seasons after last playing strictly because he does controversial things? Seattle is one interesting place, I tell ya.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Stud":19193va7 said:
Ugh, liberals just need to get off the Kap schtick. The guy wasn't even good when he was playing, and you want him to get signed 5 seasons after last playing strictly because he does controversial things? Seattle is one interesting place, I tell ya.

100%.

Isn't "kap" the guy that threw a fit over nike making a 1776 sneaker ? Yeah , he's a pos .

Mix

Reaction score
Lets bring in a running QB past his running prime to be the next QB of he Hawks. We can then proceed to have a record bad enough to draft his replacement.

zzzzZZZZzzz

Why not Mike Vick? Are we looking for a running QB or a cultural discussion?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
AKNFidel":tdircaai said:
He’ll, I’d see what Buffalo would take for Trubiski before thinking about CK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe Trubisky is a ufa at the end of the season. Also ufas are Marcus Mariota and Tyrod Taylor.