Cowboys final play was worst than the interception vs Pats!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
At least the other team didnt know what the play was going to be even before the snap like the Patriots did.

No, it was not worse.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Rat":1keswdus said:
Oh good, now I can finally move past it after seven years. I wish another team had done something stupid earlier.

I love it when you talk dirty to other people.

irfuben32

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qf14w7i said:
And none of that changes the FACT that the defense gave up a 10 point 4th quarter lead. But please, continue to ignore that.

against Tom Brady, with there slot corner injured...

Yes, we will continue to ignore that.

If you want to talk about leaving Marcus Burley inactive, against Edelman and Amendola. That would be valid.

olyfan63

Reaction score
irfuben32":337mdwxn said:
SoulfishHawk":337mdwxn said:
And none of that changes the FACT that the defense gave up a 10 point 4th quarter lead. But please, continue to ignore that.

against Tom Brady, with there slot corner injured...

Yes, we will continue to ignore that.

If you want to talk about leaving Marcus Burley inactive, against Edelman and Amendola. That would be valid.

Finally!!
Someone else bringing up Pete's INEXPLICABLE decision to roster an injured and crappy Tharald Simon and leave our legit slot corner Marcus Burley *inactive*, and the moment Jeremy Lane goes down, we're screwed. Why did Pete make thes bonehead decision? Was Burley not healthy?

The Cowboys playcall is nowhere near the Seahawks "the pick" fiasco in SB49. Way different situation; at best, the Cowboys get a single 25-yard Hail Mary shot at the end zone; feasible, but maybe a success rate of, say, 10% at best.

"The pick" in SB49 screwed us out of a 95% chance of scoring a WINNING TD. Even an incomplete, no worries, still 2 more downs with 90% chance to get that yard each time, IIRC.

The Cowboys failure was Dak's execution and situational awareness brain fart failure, more so than a total Cowboys braintrust and scheme failure.

The Seahawks "The Pick" failure spotlighted so many simultaneous failures in the Seahawks braintrust and scheme and culture, before and after the play. Bevell's ridiculous lack of awareness of matchups (Kearse expected to outmuscle Browner) and Bevell and the Hawks predictability (Browner knew what play was coming, based on formation, and got Butler lined up and ready) and then Bevell's shameful tossing Ricardo Lockette under the bus, and then Pete not canning Bevell promptly after that BS. I'll add, IMO, Sherman and other D stars resenting Russell for blowing the SB win they felt they'd worked their asses off, because "The Pick" was also a symptom of Russell not being required to truly read defenses, being babied by Pete Carroll, an ongoing issue which showed up later as Russell's struggles vs. Cover 2. All Russell could do in that moment was "Trust the Playcall". The moment was too big for that version of Russell.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ovtqd3si said:
At least the other team didnt know what the play was going to be even before the snap like the Patriots did.

No, it was not worse.

It was a lot, lot worse - you say the Patriots knew it was coming, and they did. They still needed an also inhuman break on the ball from Butler AND a badly placed pass from Russ to come away with the ball.

If they knew it was coming and still just barely even got there, it was a good call.

A quarterback draw with 14 seconds to go and no timeouts?

Yeah. That's worse, no two ways about it. If you're judging it based on the actual decision-making process, then it's worse.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There goes the scab again, Jeez, while stupid the Dallas play was not even close to the galactic stupidity that was that play called when the Hawks had time, a timeout, and Marshawn. I still wake up at night and think about how they stole defeat from the jaws of victory, and it was long time ago. Damn still angry about that stupidity that wrecked a potential dynasty and created discord and discension, still not entirely recovered from.

Speaking with many other fans Bevell was a freaking idiot and refused to take any responsibility for his galactic stupidity, blaming others for his absolutely stupid calll. Pete needed to can his ass for that but didn’t and the wound festered.

Not even freaking close to being as stupid a play call, just dumb clock management. Dallas needed to be just a bit smarter, but that is nothing new. That SB disastrous play was a travesty, that hurt more than the team. :pukeface: :177692:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3cd3p3jx said:
There goes the scab again, Jeez, while stupid the Dallas play was not even close to the galactic stupidity that was that play called when the Hawks had time, a timeout, and Marshawn. I still wake up at night and think about how they stole defeat from the jaws of victory, and it was long time ago. Damn still angry about that stupidity that wrecked a potential dynasty and created discord and discension, still not entirely recovered from.

Speaking with many other fans Bevell was a freaking idiot and refused to take any responsibility for his galactic stupidity, blaming others for his absolutely stupid calll. Pete needed to can his ass for that but didn’t and the wound festered.

Not even freaking close to being as stupid a play call, just dumb clock management. Dallas needed to be just a bit smarter, but that is nothing new. That SB disastrous play was a travesty, that hurt more than the team. :pukeface: :177692:

You're judging only with hindsight here.

Goal line passes are commonplace and highly successful, on the whole.

Quarterback draws with 50 yards to go, 14 seconds on the clock, and no timeouts win you jack shit ever.

One is clearly far stupider than the other.

jeremiah

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2p0zx2fj said:
I've never watched a replay of the game, not once.
I see why so many want to blame one play, and that's fine. It just took me a long time to step back and realize there was a lot more to it than just that play. It has always been assumed that 100 percent he would have scored on a handoff.
It was other people who kept reminding me that we did have a 10 point lead and couldn't play add on.
And you're right, that was one hell of a game.

Beast Mode was alone in the left side of the end zone. RW made a snap decision, and it was the wrong one. That play was 100% on RW.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1k0hd9oj said:
pittpnthrs":1k0hd9oj said:

No, it was not worse.

It was a lot, lot worse - you say the Patriots knew it was coming, and they did. They still needed an also inhuman break on the ball from Butler AND a badly placed pass from Russ to come away with the ball.

If they knew it was coming and still just barely even got there, it was a good call.

A quarterback draw with 14 seconds to go and no timeouts?

Yeah. That's worse, no two ways about it. If you're judging it based on the actual decision-making process, then it's worse.

Its a lot easier to make a break on a play when you know what the play is. Dallas should have gotten another play after the draw but didnt.

The Seahawks will forever have the worst play in NFL history while the play from Dallas will be forgotten by next week.

xray

Reaction score
That doesn't compare to the Hawks worst play in franchise history , not even close .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
100 percent on Russ? Snap decision? um........ok

So, he was the one who called the play?
he was the one with a pathetic block attempt?
he was the one who blew a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter?
He was the one who dropped a pass that would have put them in FG range and let them play add on?
And yes, the throw was high.

Dear god, it just never ends.........
I wonder if some people actually even watch the games.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":63d2ypvg said:

He was the one who dropped a pass that would have put them in FG range and let them play add on?

Come on bro. He is speaking on the throw. It was a horrible pass. The snap decision? It was the right throw. The defense did blow it too. However the the throw will be remembered and rightfully so.

Also i did not think lynch was open either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Throw was off, route looked lazy by Lockette, lack of blocking by Kearse, and a great play by Butler.
All of it contributed.
Meh, 10 years in and everything is Russ' fault. Nothing has changed and never will. It is what it is.
He is not w/out fault, and deserves plenty of criticism when it's warranted. But the making up of stuff, over and over again, just has gotten old and tired.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":v0rr7y4d said:

There is a TON of BLAME and CREDIT to give for how that SB ended.

Credit:
Tom Brady scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th quarter

Blame:
Defense allowed Tom Brady to take back the lead. As much as they yammered about accountability of "the play" not once have I seen any of the LOB publicly make a statement about giving up a 10 point lead.

Credit:
Browner saw the lame play and manhandled Kearse

Blame:
Kearse didn't execute. Oh and on a previous drive he dropped a crucial 3rd down pass that would've allowed the team to burn clock and take a knee. Btw for every miracle catch Kearse has made there's about 4-5 other bad plays he made that put them in the situation of needing the miracle to begin with. i.e. NFCCG Packers Miracle OT catch, but all 4 INTs in that game were targeting him.

Credit:
Bil Belichick Coaching NFL GOAT saw the time ticking and did NOT call timeout essentially FORCING a pass play. He also put in Butler at that time who supposedly practiced for this play.

Blame:
Bevell/Carroll just saw Beast get to the 1 after a a 15 or 20 yard run and rather than stick with the team mantra and persona "we do what we do, everyone knows what we do, but we're gonna do it anyway, try and stop us". They got cute and tried to do something a little unexpected (yet somewhat expected) and called that play that didn't even disguise the option of Marshawn being involved as a runner.

Credit:
Butler saw the play and whooped Lockette

Blame:
Lockette probably has the least blame in this situation. RW however did have a chance to audible out, make a better pass, or perhaps even throw to someone else wide open like Marshawn or the safer corner pass that either goes out or gets caught, but hey lets put it all on your #3 or #4 receiver...

jeremiah

Reaction score
ZagHawk":14s459xo said:
SoulfishHawk":14s459xo said:

There is a TON of BLAME and CREDIT to give for how that SB ended.

Credit:
Tom Brady scored 14 unanswered points in the 4th quarter

Blame:
Defense allowed Tom Brady to take back the lead. As much as they yammered about accountability of "the play" not once have I seen any of the LOB publicly make a statement about giving up a 10 point lead.

Credit:
Browner saw the lame play and manhandled Kearse

Blame:
Kearse didn't execute. Oh and on a previous drive he dropped a crucial 3rd down pass that would've allowed the team to burn clock and take a knee. Btw for every miracle catch Kearse has made there's about 4-5 other bad plays he made that put them in the situation of needing the miracle to begin with. i.e. NFCCG Packers Miracle OT catch, but all 4 INTs in that game were targeting him.

Credit:
Bil Belichick Coaching NFL GOAT saw the time ticking and did NOT call timeout essentially FORCING a pass play. He also put in Butler at that time who supposedly practiced for this play.

Blame:
Bevell/Carroll just saw Beast get to the 1 after a a 15 or 20 yard run and rather than stick with the team mantra and persona "we do what we do, everyone knows what we do, but we're gonna do it anyway, try and stop us". They got cute and tried to do something a little unexpected (yet somewhat expected) and called that play that didn't even disguise the option of Marshawn being involved as a runner.

Credit:
Butler saw the play and whooped Lockette

Blame:
Lockette probably has the least blame in this situation. RW however did have a chance to audible out, make a better pass, or perhaps even throw to someone else wide open like Marshawn or the safer corner pass that either goes out or gets caught, but hey lets put it all on your #3 or #4 receiver...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT THIS GUY SAYS.