Mediocre 3rd Round Picks

chet380

Reaction score
Surely we could have traded 2,3 or even 4 of those 3rd Rd. picks to move up from #58 and get something better than Pocic.

If all 4 picks would have been traded, we wouldn't have suffered much, taking into account the mediocrities that we drafted.

It's entirely possible that all four of these guys will be cut.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'd say give it a bit before we rush to conclusions. Like till after the 2018 season, perhaps?

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Probably already our best defensive draft since 2010-12.

DT Malik McDowell
DT Nazair Jones
CB Shaquill Griffin
SS Delano Hill

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Why wait when you have ALL the answers. Obviously chet knows more than Seattle's front office.

nash72

Reaction score
The way the FO has failed in the draft the last 3 or so years, i'll take Chets side.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Internet chet over our front office. WOW. Speaks volumes about your football IQ.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
nash72":2eukcepa said:
The way the FO has failed in the draft the last 3 or so years, i'll take Chets side.

Have we really failed?

Look back at the picks taken in the first 3 rounds, later rounds are crap shoots for every team.

2014 - Pretty bad draft overall across the NFL however we got
- Paul Richardson was on his way to being a damn fine receiver until he busted out his knee
- Justin Britt is an adequate offensive lineman at this point

- Frank Clark about to have a huge 2017 season
- Lockett we all hope can return to form, but is an electric player at full strength

- Ifedi is a work in progress, did about as well as you can expect considering the inexperience of his teammates and the positional change
- Jarrod Reed, also a bit early to rate him but was solid when he played
- Prosise looked great when he was healthy
- Vannett, hasn't shown anything yet
- Odhiambo, meh, probably won't last long

I'd say in the past three years, of our top 3 rounds, we've done fine. Clark could be on his way to being an all-pro, and Lockett if he gets back to full strength can be a difference maker for us for years. Prosise too. We don't have any glaring busts other than Odhiambo and maybe Vannett.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chet380":1su9l1v1 said:
Surely we could have traded 2,3 or even 4 of those 3rd Rd. picks to move up from #58 and get something better than Pocic.

If all 4 picks would have been traded, we wouldn't have suffered much, taking into account the mediocrities that we drafted.

List the 4 players you wanted and I bet I see Kipers board. Some times I agree with the so called experts but only when there's a clear consensus. That's not the case here. Now the Center they drafted does look like a reach but other than that I like this draft so far.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":243irc74 said:
chet380":243irc74 said:

I'll give you my $1000 to your $100 that they dont all get cut.

It's an asinine statement really but that's what happens on draft day I guess.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm fine with McDowell, extremely high upside and a need. Pocic sounds like a bad pick because they label him as a C, but hopefully starts day one at G so I'm fine with that. Griffin is a Seahawky kind of player, I would have rather had Tankeresly but Pete and John know more then me. Hill is a pick that I really didn't get, seems like he a guy that could have been there much later, once again would have rather had Tankeresly or Douglas but once again I wouldn't have ever seen Sherman or Chancellor as all pros. Jones seems like meh. Loved the Darboh pick, high upside with a great story. Overall I would give it a C+, you have to remember some of this guys wouldn't have even been drafted if not for trading down. In the end only time will tell, hopefully we can find some guys that can contribute right away.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
chet380":soc5x33o said:

It's also entirely possible that everyone will one day learn to judge draft picks using more criteria than "Is he an offensive lineman?", but that doesn't mean it's LIKELY.

I'd say three of those picks, at least, make the team.

Teamhawk1

Reaction score
I can tell you why we took Pocic at # 58 this guy has a lot going for him because of his versatility. He can play any position on the line which tells me it's a Cable thing. I don't think he is going to unseat Britt, I'm guessing they will try him out in either guard spot. I really think the Hawks had Bolles from Utah as their guy but since he was drafted by the Broncos they went to plan b. Hell I was wanting Donta Foreman but he went just before our pick. Hopefully there's some gems in the rough to be found! Go Hawks! :49ersmall:

Rob12

Reaction score
Gross post, OP. How much of Pocic have you seen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throwdown

Reaction score
I had to come out of retirement to tell the OP how clownish their whole post was.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":no1y7fk1 said:
I had to come out of retirement to tell the OP how clownish their whole post was.
Retire from retirement throw!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Man some people around here are whiney a@$% babies.....ill go to the shack to tell you how i really feel about them.

Just soooo negative. Its really exhausting.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Everything is awesome, don't question the picks, the FO never made a mistake.

If you do question them, you just don't know football. I love every pick. ever. This year is no exception. A+ again!

Woot, Go Hawks!