We Will Not Win Another SB Under Pete

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sorry but its true. The franchise has issues that he doesnt know how or refuses to fix. Enjoy what he brought, but its time to move on. Lets not waste the talent we have. Step down please.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not as long as Bevell and Cable are on staff.

Hopefully we are not past the point of no return with Pete. The longer the above named offensive coaches are on staff the longer the odds of a Pete Carroll coached team wins or even goes to a Super Bowl!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
ludakrishna":1fo3t8pg said:
This thread will be closed by tomorrow. The members cannot accept critique regarding Prophet Pete. His nepotism to his coaching staff will lead to our demise. We need to cut losses this upcoming offseason.

If Pete has a blind spot it's that he's very loyal to his crew. That's also a good thing. Pete's nepotism led to our revival. But yeah, I do agree some staff changes should be made in the off-season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's going to be a long season.

...because of posts like this.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I said this last year. This team will never win another SB with Bevell as the OC. I would like to revise that statement. This team will never make it to another NFCCG with Bevell as the OC.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls did we win before Pete got here?

Jville

Reaction score
ludakrishna":26f1ip9f said:
This thread will be closed by tomorrow. The members cannot accept critique regarding Prophet Pete. His nepotism to his coaching staff will lead to our demise. We need to cut losses this upcoming offseason.

That's confusing the term critique with tantrum. LOL

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":szud49xa said:
It's going to be a long season.

...because of posts like this.

So you're willing to put the outcome of the Hawks' season on a fans' comment before the coavhing staff...

O.k.

You probably should have just skipped the thread.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Palmegranite":1idt3mpk said:
Everyone's a Nostradamus.

Nostra-dumbass LOLOLOL
Nah, everybody is pissed about how we lost, (myself included) and many are lashing out at Pete for not having everything nailed down by game # 3.
There were some head scratcher plays that defied logic, Woodyard running untouched to get a sack on RW, I'm sure that one was on the whiff by Ifedi.
IF we're getting no push by our O-Line to get our Run game up to snuff, then Pete needs to charge Tom Cable to abandon that avenue, and go all in with Pass Protection.....Hell, wasn't Glowinski a TE at one time?....Maybe use him as a TE, and use him as the 6'th O-Lineman, (an extra blocker) and let Graham run a few Receiver routes.

KillerB

Reaction score
An absurd post. Yes, let's crap-can the guy who has taken the team to two Super Bowls and five straight playoffs. Because there are so many better coaches available.
Please, reveal your better alternatives.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I hear winning a Super Bowl is pretty hard. Just something I heard somewhere.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The longer we stick with Carroll, the worse this is going to be.

We can struggle for 3 years or get stuck with a terrible hire off our staff when Carroll leaves. Or worse.

But waiting for the slow slide that is essentially guaranteed when old teams with old coaches loyal to bad coordinators keep them? Well it only gets worse.

This is a team that giving you all the signs that you are in for YEARS of bad football.

We will see at the end of the year, but all the signs are there. This is a team that is DONE, with a coach that more interested in loyalty than ability, and which relies on players that are much older and less able than before.

Josea16

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3dkkck1r said:
It already has. Hopefully change is in the air. I expect this as a lost season...say 7-9 when it should be 5-11 because Pete really is that good. I'm so going to miss him and the Seahawks being nationally relevant.

Very sad today and pretty pissed two failed assholes are copying our defense and are offense first in reality. Looks as though Los Angeles will be who have to beat. Good luck with that this year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KillerB":aqr2ttjn said:
Because there are so many better coaches available.
Please, reveal your better alternatives.

When Pete's contract expires or if he retires or is asked to retire, Jon Gruden would be most welcome here.

I for one am forever grateful for what Pete has brought to Seattle and our consistency the last 5 years has been the best run in Seattle pro sports history, but nothing lasts forever. Tom Coughlin won not 1 but 2 SBs and was fired/asked to resign/not return just 4 years after their last title. This is not going to be a Mike Scioscia situation, where he wins 1 ring and gets tenured and 15 plus years later he's still there.

Coaching gigs are like tv shows. Some are axed after 1 or 2 seasons, others have lengthy, memorable runs but you can't continue to live in syndication memories-all shows/coaches are eventually retired or canceled when they've run their course. And Pete is getting further away from his "Emmy" winning years each week.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be fair, unless Pete is making the draft picks or signing the FOs...a lot of this is not his fault.

Where Pete is at fault is clinging to bad coaches and sticking with philosophies that DO WORK but do not match our existing roster.

But without the continual missteps from the FO, we might have done better, even with Bevell. (ick)

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I agree Pete has some work to do to turn this thing around I just don't know if he can with the current coaching staff and in all honesty they have to get better at the skill positions on Offense.