We Won the Game and I'm Pissed Off

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I'm mad with the NFL.

1) You really going to have Russell Wilson ducking through a sack and you call him down and put the Seahawks at 3rd and 16?

2) Back to back facemasks on RW and they aren't called

3) Three SF defenders (two of which go for helmet to helmet) tackle Russ while he is giving himself up.

4) The gunner tackles the punt returner who doesn't call for a fair catch and it's a personal foul?

5) How many stoppages on 3rd down to review plays that weren't even close?

6) How many times did they let SF get away with their CBs never turning around and mugging our receivers?

7) No holds on SF and they were INSANELY obvious

If this was the Super Bowl I would be putting another asterisk like XL* - that was absolutely ridiculous. Unacceptably bad officiating should be the story of the week.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Also, Tyler Lockett gets hit helmet-to-helmet not once, but TWICE on the same play...no call!

Even Bill Leavy would be bitching about this crew.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":381mswyi said:
Also, Tyler Lockett gets hit helmet-to-helmet not once, but TWICE on the same play...no call!

Even Bill Leavy would be b!@ch about this crew.
On plebzone they are blaming the refs for this defeat, they are truly delusional.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
THE TABS":3nr6cktg said:

Even Bill Leavy would be b!@ch about this crew.

But will these refs apologize years from now for how poorly they called this game? I would need this

bandiger

Reaction score
Watching this MNF crew praise the refs was something. Very grating to the point I had to mute most of it :p

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Absolutely, I am still mistyfied on the tackle on the punt. They said personal foul but didn't say what for. No penalties for PI was also aggravating considering they rarely even turned to look at the ball and 2 were called on us an as you said multiple lowering of the helmet calls went uncalled and then they call one on Jefferson.

olyfan63

Reaction score
For sure, the BS game stoppages in overtime were totally lame. For one, after Malik Turner's catch, stopping it for that?
Please, NFL, reinstate coach challenges in OT so we don't have this BS disrupting the game. Of course, what it did was give SF Defense a chance to catch their breath, just when Carson was about to gash them, would have been a 10 yard run.

The PI non-calls... when did the NFL change their definition of DPI? OK, fine, but call it that way FOR the Hawk defenders as well.

The BS call on Thorpe on that Punt tackle... OMG, will we have any actual FOOTBALL left?

I felt the same way about the multiple SF defenders hitting Russell after he gave himself up; shoulda been a flag. Watching the replay though, it wasn't as bad, and they mostly hit each other.

8) The play where Reed, IIRC, sacks Jimmy G and gets called for the helmet hit... OK, fine, but then call the hit on Russell, FalconGoggles' item 3).

Overall, it felt like the refs tried to "steer" the game to the 49ers, but couldn't quite manage to get it done.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Natethegreat":36j81wz7 said:
Absolutely, I am still mistyfied on the tackle on the punt. They said personal foul but didn't say what for. No penalties for PI was also aggravating considering they rarely even turned to look at the ball and 2 were called on us an as you said multiple lowering of the helmet calls went uncalled and then they call one on Jefferson.

The most frustrating part about the roughing on the punt returner was it was the next play after Shem committed PI on 3rd down. Not called.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I listened to Raible and Wyman, synced up radio with tv..... they were pretty critical of refs.

I'd stick ice picks in my ears if I had to listen to Booger and company kiss the refs butts. No thanks.

I'd add one too, when they iced Myers on the last FG, how late did they let SF call that time out? Kind of ridiculous.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
At no point did they explain the personal foul on the punt return.

I still have no idea what was done wrong. 15 yards for tackling?

But the in the grasp may have been the worst call in the history of the NFL. Absolutely a fireable offense.

Thank God Russ gave them the finger on the next play.

cymatica

Reaction score
I thought I heard them say a hit on a defenseless player on the punt catch. Pete better raise hell over that officiating

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
The worst guy was the ref expert on the commentary, he was so one sided it was untrue. Tried to suggest Carson's very close td was 3 yards short. Honestly the guy was horrible I wanted to spark the prick out.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
bandiger":3a2eotp1 said:
Watching this MNF crew praise the refs was something. Very grating to the point I had to mute most of it :p

Those morons were carrying water for SF all night. Of course they wouldn’t notice how crappily, one-sided the officiating was.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
bandiger":31d4j7gf said:

The announcers were SCREAMING WITH JOY whenever SF made a play. I couldn't get the radio to sync up with DirecTV so I had to listen to this garbage all night.

And yeah, some of those officiating calls made it look as if the NFL really wanted SF to win badly. Maybe they wanted a 16-0 team this year.

djb28

Reaction score
I thought it was a joke at first. I'm thinking, " why is Jimmy Fallon the ref tonight" then he never left.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
falcongoggles":f08waumb said:
I'm mad with the NFL.

1) You really going to have Russell Wilson ducking through a sack and you call him down and put the Seahawks at 3rd and 16?

2) Back to back facemasks on RW and they aren't called

3) Three SF defenders (two of which go for helmet to helmet) tackle Russ while he is giving himself up.

4) The gunner tackles the punt returner who doesn't call for a fair catch and it's a personal foul?

5) How many stoppages on 3rd down to review plays that weren't even close?

6) How many times did they let SF get away with their CBs never turning around and mugging our receivers?

7) No holds on SF and they were INSANELY obvious

If this was the Super Bowl I would be putting another asterisk like XL* - that was absolutely ridiculous. Unacceptably bad officiating should be the story of the week.

Add to that the morons calling the game clearly loved the niners and wanted them to win. Be a little objective.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ph52jew said:
The worst guy was the ref expert on the commentary, he was so one sided it was untrue. Tried to suggest Carson's very close td was 3 yards short. Honestly the guy was horrible I wanted to spark the prick out.

IKR, as soon as he said it I was thinking what F'ing game is he watching?!?! 3 yards away GTFO! Then seconds later replay showed it was more like an inch away if not a TD depending on when his elbow actually hit the ground.