OT coin flip.

evergreen

Reaction score
I was at a bar with sound off and saw Sherman pointing and thought we los it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
You can hear it pretty clearly on the video. But to his credit, Geno said nothing.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I thought he did too but when I re-watched the game he clearly called heads. I'm not sure what I thought I heard but I was glad to be wrong.

253hawk

Reaction score
He has a little bit of some Georgia twang there, but it's obvious he said 'heads'. If he had said 'tails', surely COMMUNICATIONS MAJOR FROM STANFORD Richard Sherman would have said something.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Pretty sure he called 'Laurel', but I swear I heard 'Yanny'

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
He clearly said heads as I was watching live. Was watching with buddy who bet on us and told him Geno always wins, “what, Geno Smith??” Watch. Bam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niveky

Reaction score
I think anyone hearing tails probably had too much to drink and were not up on who was speaking and when at the coin toss. He clearly said heads.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I swore he said tails as well and was so mad when the refs announced heads. but I thought it was policy after the Bettis fiasco that the ref was supposed to confirm what the player picked before even flipping the coin which they did not

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sounded like “tails” to me as well but it became very clear he didn’t, and those that mattered heard him correctly.

This was just another addition to the ups and downs of the emotional roller coaster.

Been a long time since a regular season game messed with me as much as this one.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I called heads like one of those premonitions when you just know, and i was hoping Geno would as well. Then i clearly heard him say heads on my tv.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
At the time I thought he said tails and was confused, I watched the clip above and thought I heard tails again. It was only when I trained my brain to listen for heads that it switched.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The radio crew was debating and laughing about this during postgame. Some heard heads and some tails. Dori was asking people to tweet what they heard and it went both ways there, too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
He said heads. The media is full of Niners fans. They are trying to stir up controversy and idiots are falling for it.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
You guys must have terrible sound systems. He quite clearly called heads.

You guys honestly think Sherm is just gonna let them get away with that. He remembers everything that happens at the coin toss. Just ask Baker.