Carrying Myers on their shoulders at games end

seabowl

Reaction score
That was so awesome to watch and I felt so good for him. This is what sports is all about and what a real team does.

Proud to be a Hawks fan today!!!!

:D

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Thats why you stick by your guys. Not going to find anyone remotely better or even close to equal
on the street. Guy flushed it and was wanting the moment. Had a bad week last week and still won. Guys had his back then and were right there to believe/revere him after winning. Love this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
funny thins is he made that FG by about as much as he missed Bucs FG.

About a foot difference between the two.

olyfan63

Reaction score

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOVE the picture. Thank you.

I have no idea, but maybe copyright doesn't apply to a forum, but would for a pay to view site?

sdog1981

Reaction score
One cool thing about the picture is Geno Smith to the lower left with a huge smile on his face. Geno knows how tough the NFL can be and he is legit happy for a teammate so that is really cool.

samwize77

Reaction score
sdog1981":19dra7yp said:
One cool thing about the picture is Geno Smith to the lower left with a huge smile on his face. Geno knows how tough the NFL can be and he is legit happy for a teammate so that is really cool.

I think Geno was the first on the field to hug him and lift him up!!!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So happy for that guy. The crow tastes excellent this week. I was tough on the guy after last week. Pete and company did the right thing and kept his confidence up.
Now I wonder how many people will eat some crow on their ridiculous predictions of a blow out loss and/or acting like the Hawks has zero shot on Monday night :?

hawk45

Reaction score
Still a headcase and he is going to cost us down the road

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawk45":pbsux991 said:
Still a headcase and he is going to cost us down the road

Get a grip. Myers made the GW field goal not just once, but TWICE. That's not what headcase kickers do.
So who we going to bring in that would be better?

Oh yeah, I see that the highly touted veteran kicker Zippo Zilcho-Nada is available. And, if he's already been signed, pretty sure we can pick up SF's kicker in a couple weeks or whenever it is that Robbie Gould comes back.

Myers had one bad game. He wasn't right that game, for whatever reason, his stroke was just off, the team bailed him out. He'll be solid the rest of the season now. Clearly you have Myers confused with Blair Walsh. Who is probably also available to replace Myers when Pete cuts him for a made extra point that is just inside the post. So you would prefer Blair Walsh or the SF dude off the street kicker who choked on the would-be GW field goal?

sdog1981":pbsux991 said:

That's an awesome tidbit to point out. That smile of Geno's, that is truly something that can't be faked. Sincerely happy with and for, his teammate. Says a lot about the chemistry of this team. And Geno is pumped because he won the coin toss for the 2nd straight week. It was the difference maker both weeks... oops! Up until Russell got picked by #57 Greenlaw just as Russell and the Hawks were on the way to another walkoff TD. So Geno's also happy with him for bailing Russell out.

Seafan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":oyy2j9qy said:
Headcase? Judging by field goal kicking around the NFL this year, that's a lot of headcases :roll:

That's the truth. Plus several over rated young QB prospects as well. Not missing passes by meer inches but by several feet.

beaumaris

Reaction score
Smellyman":1bu1xkxx said:

Never seems to get it right down the middle though.Closing my eyes now,when he’s kicking. :177692:

olyfan63

Reaction score
beaumaris":5wv7v7qw said:
Smellyman":5wv7v7qw said:

Never seems to get it right down the middle though.Closing my eyes now,when he’s kicking. :177692:

Dude, you just identified a badly needed missing metric for FG kickers! It's not just made/missed, but now kickers should also be evaluated on average "DFC" or Distance From Center, for their kicks. The closer to dead center, the lower the DFC, the better the kicker. Or maybe it's "DIB" or "DIU" that gets tracked, Distance Inside Bar (or Upright). Plus a metric on "DCBB" i.e., Distance Cleared Bar By, similar to/interchangeable with the "Good From nn Yards" metric.

Possibly even some stat site somewhere is already tracking this type of thing and I just didn't know it?
One network started showing the "Good From nn Yards" on each FG, so that is interesting to see, when they do it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
olyfan63":21xnppum said:
What, you left out the pic? FIFY.

Seahawksot

Cool picture, thanks for posting it!

Had Myers missed that kick, it could have gotten into his head, and the players knew that, hence their reaction. Obviously everyone's going to be happy at coming out on top in a hard fought contest, but there's an element of knowing what Myers was going through the previous week. Nice to see that our players are sensitive enough to be able to understand that. Just imagine the confidence boost that ride off the field did for Myers.

Anyone remember how Jim Mora once threw our placekicker under the bus following a loss? Pete and the team did the exact opposite, and it paid dividends.