Pete built a blueprint

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
How many people feel like Pete and Ken Norton may have built a blueprint for the rest of the league to see how to beat the 9ers? Those single high safety looks and 4-6 fronts were BEAST.

How freaking awesome would it be to see them lose to the Cards on our bye week???

Go Hawks

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It's going to be tough to follow the blue print when the underlying factor in all of it is to have one player completely wreck the game from the defensive end position. Clowney was absolutely dominant and that is something most teams can't replicate. We are going to have a hard time replicating that performance ourselves.

Speaking of strategy, I'd like to see some adjustments in the backfield. It seems we are just freely giving their receivers the slant. That two point conversion was ridiculous. Flowers was playing off and just let his man cut in two yards in front of him for one of the most uncontested plays I've ever seen in a short yardage situation.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ek7w4s0 said:
It's going to be tough to follow the blue print when the underlying factor in all of it is to have one player completely wreck the game from the defensive end position. Clowney was absolutely dominant and that is something most teams can't replicate. We are going to have a hard time replicating that performance ourselves.

Speaking of strategy, I'd like to see some adjustments in the backfield. It seems we are just freely giving their receivers the slant. That two point conversion was ridiculous. Flowers was playing off and just let his man cut in two yards in front of him for one of the most uncontested plays I've ever seen in a short yardage situation.

Flowers looked like he was expecting help on the inside or something, looked totally lost to be honest. In fact Flowers started the game really well but after that was probably worse then Taylor.

getnasty

Reaction score
Blueprint is to stop that running game and make Jimmy G beat you.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1hug52t9 said:

I agree on giving their receivers that slant route. B-Wagz is normally there, but he was playing super shallow. Presumably to stop the run.

Here's hoping Chandler Jones is in rare form against the 9ers. I'd LOVE to see the 'Hawks take 1st in the NFC West on a bye week.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The thing is, whereas some teams have elite pass rushers, Clowney is an elite run stopper. And doesn’t get enough credit for it

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It wasn't a secret that the way to beat the 49ers was to limit their run game and do enough against their defense.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I’ll also say that most offenses will be buried by this defense. In order to beat this defense, you have to survive until late. By the 4th quarter, they’re tired and don’t have the same juice. The Niners have blown teams out because the other team gets overwhelmed and then the Niners offense can relax and run the ball.

2_0_6

Reaction score
My takeaway from last night. Hit Jimmy, get in his face, and make him uncomfortable. He tends to tap dance like my 12 year old daughter when the pressure is around him.

sutz

Reaction score
I think more and more teams around the league have been following Pete's lead for several years now.

More and more you see the re-emphasis on a strong running game and top flight defense. Sure, the league is still pass-happy, but more and more teams are coming around to this throw back system.

chris98251

Reaction score
What we did was punch them in the face over and over, this was close to a play off game environment so a physical demonstration by us, bright lights of Monday Night and the pressure of an offense that just won't quit was the Blueprint.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
sutz":129xkqno said:
I think more and more teams around the league have been following Pete's lead for several years now.

More and more you see the re-emphasis on a strong running game and top flight defense. Sure, the league is still pass-happy, but more and more teams are coming around to this throw back system.

I think you're correct in that. Leagues still pass alot with effectiveness, but I feel like the great offenses can run the ball just effectively.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
chris98251":3qz0w4rd said:
What we did was punch them in the face over and over, this was close to a play off game environment so a physical demonstration by us, bright lights of Monday Night and the pressure of an offense that just won't quit was the Blueprint.

Good example of an offense that won't quit:
After Russ threw the pick he was immediately over on the sidelines high-fiving and encouraging everyone else. And there was no hint of quit. We are truly blessed.

justafan

Reaction score
Slow down the run game and heavy pressure on the QB is a tried and true blueprint. Gives every team trouble.

Polk738

Reaction score
I'm anxiously waiting for Field Gulls to put up the All-22 on defense this week so I can see specifically what the Seahawks did scheme wise to come up with their best performance on defense all year, especially Clowney. The guy just looked like a completely different player Monday night.

toffee

Reaction score
Polk738":3v3715z7 said:
I'm anxiously waiting for Field Gulls to put up the All-22 on defense this week so I can see specifically what the Seahawks did scheme wise to come up with their best performance on defense all year, especially Clowney. The guy just looked like a completely different player Monday night.

It's the limelight!

What separates good players with stars? When the limelights are ON, stars always find that extra gear, so bigger the game, better stars played. That goes for Wilson, now Clowney, heck Pete too!

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2timcvtk said:
Consistent pressure = Jimmy GQ turning into the human turnover machine.

Just one or two solid hits had him feeling pressure even when there wasn't any.