No Love for #3

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Ridiculous.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1194101949840478208[/tweet]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You're right, but Al Woods also body slammed Jimmy, and that wasn't called.

I know we love nothing more here than our everyone hates us for no apparent reason whatsover, but we're going to perpetuate this irrational idea until the day we die................but the reality is the reffing in NFL games is just that terrible.

Do you guys not watch other NFL games? It's bad ALL THE TIME.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dqruvhsw said:

I can back this up. I have NFL Redzone...I watch all the games and, yep, it's bad all the time.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I don't know how many times this year Russ has been forcefully contacted after he started his slide. A few times he has been the 2019 equivalent of speared.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The facemask I can see them missing, but he is sliding, feet first, and he gets hit by not one, but 3 players. Ignoring the helmet to helmet, just the fact that they didn't get flagged for hitting a sliding player is insane.

NFL officiating is a travesty

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
NFL doesn't care enough to fix it's officiating problem. And yeah, it's bad all across the board. That said, I do feel Seattle got more shit calls/non-calls go against them last night than SF did.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":kzp03sbm said:
The facemask I can see them missing, but he is sliding, feet first, and he gets hit by not one, but 3 players. Ignoring the helmet to helmet, just the fact that they didn't get flagged for hitting a sliding player is insane.

NFL officiating is a travesty
^ This ^ Last weeks game, Flowers was called for a PI that wasn't a PI, Sherman wasn't called for his PI on Metcalf, and it damned well should have been.
The Refs gave the 49rs the lions share of the benefit of doubt in this game.....If not for the Defense making the necessary Defensive scheme changes from the last 9 games, & the implosion by GQ Jimmy, they wouldn't have been able to overcome the bias & help RW to win this game.
The Seahawks weren't going to go down W/O a fight, this was a WHOLE TEAM EFFORT...WIN!

ivotuk

Reaction score
The thing is, there is blatant favoritism for some Legacy Teams. Those teams that were good in the past, that the ones that make some people feel good when they return to prominence.

You can see it everywhere too. Especially on sports shows, where they have no guidelines as to integrity. The sad part is that the integrity of the game suffers, and too many people are willing to accept that in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

As an example, a week or so ago, I was listening to 2 guys on ESPN that I wasn't familiar with, and they came to the topic of NFL MVP. They brought up Russell Wilson and Lamar Jackson, and said "Oh, the leader for the MVP is definitely Lamar Jackson!"

They couldn't really recite any statistics except for his running, so I couldn't see how they could elminate Russell from contention. Then I realized, these are 2 radio pundits looking for listeners, and they believe that the most listeners are going to turn to their show if they pick the East Coast guy.

Now, after last Sunday, Lamar looked really good, but still, IMHO, not quite as good as Russell. And before Lamar, it was Aaron Rodgers who had one good pass that week. And before that, it was Christian McCaffery. They keep throwing out candidates from Legacy, or East Coast teams. I guess they feel they need to make the MVP race competitive?

And I believe there is some competition for the MVP, but not the constant "He's definitely the guy for MVP" (this week, until he has a bad game).

Sorry, got off track here. I just wish there was more integrity in the game. But as long as the almighty dollar rules supreme, the bias will be in the game. Makes me wonder if the referee really missed the blatant PI against the Rams in last year's NFCC game, or if he was all in on the "Phenom Coach," and the "Todd Gurley" train. 'The Greatest Show on Turf" is back! [And we need that LA Market!]

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
The fix is definitely in. It was blatant that the refs for trying to slow Seattle last night. I don’t think it’s limited to Seattle like the others believe. New Orleans had four or five illegal hands to the face calls in the first quarter on Sunday. I think the NFL is just trying to steer Cinderella stories and David and goliath type rivalries.

In the end no matter how emotionally tired you are to a team, it is just entertainment, and it is just a product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

davidonmi

Reaction score
the argument that they didn't actually hit wilson's head on that slide holds no water for me.

If you aren't going to flag that then whatever rule they used to justify that penalty on Jefferson is worthless. 3 guys leading with their helmets

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ct89ien said:
Sorry, got off track here. I just wish there was more integrity in the game. But as long as the almighty dollar rules supreme, the bias will be in the game. Makes me wonder if the referee really missed the blatant PI against the Rams in last year's NFCC game, or if he was all in on the "Phenom Coach," and the "Todd Gurley" train. 'The Greatest Show on Turf" is back! [And we need that LA Market!]

The only ref tendencies I'd ever buy into is home field advantage, where they're nervous or make rash unconscious decisions because the crowd is going insane in the moment, and that instant OMG! moment of noise and boos/cheers knee jerks the ref to throw a flag, etc.

But to think there's some sort of legacy bias directed down through the league offices to instruct the refs to favor "legacy teams" is ridiculous.

If that was the case, why do the Cowboys only have one playoff win in the last 30 years. Why do the Browns not get calls to help them not suck every year. Why are both the Jets and Giants dumpster fires. Why hasn't the league and refs helped the Lions not suck for 50 years.

Plenty of legacy teams getting the shaft from the refs just like the rest of us.

These are all false pretense homer fans, and it's rampant in EVERY NFL city that thinks there's some nefarious leaguewide bias against THEIR team, again for no reason whatsoever that makes plausible sense.........other than it gives a reason for what's really going on, which is the refs have an impossible job of trying to interpret FAR TOO MANY new subjective rules.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3gd73yzv said:
ivotuk":3gd73yzv said:

The only ref tendencies I'd ever buy into is home field advantage, where they're nervous or make rash unconscious decisions because the crowd is going insane in the moment, and that instant OMG! moment of noise and boos/cheers knee jerks the ref to throw a flag, etc.

But to think there's some sort of legacy bias directed down through the league offices to instruct the refs to favor "legacy teams" is ridiculous.

If that was the case, why do the Cowboys only have one playoff win in the last 30 years. Why do the Browns not get calls to help them not suck every year. Why are both the Jets and Giants dumpster fires. Why hasn't the league and refs helped the Lions not suck for 50 years.

Plenty of legacy teams getting the shaft from the refs just like the rest of us.

These are all false pretense homer fans, and it's rampant in EVERY NFL city that thinks there's some nefarious leaguewide bias against THEIR team, again for no reason whatsoever that makes plausible sense.........other than it gives a reason for what's really going on, which is the refs have an impossible job of trying to interpret FAR TOO MANY new subjective rules.

The conspiracy angle is a lot easier to swallow than "hard job, they get it wrong sometimes, and sometimes there's really actually not a good answer".

Mad Dog

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3g2vpph1 said:
NFL doesn't care enough to fix it's officiating problem. And yeah, it's bad all across the board. That said, I do feel Seattle got more $h!t calls/non-calls go against them last night than SF did.

I love how people bring out this narrative of NFL having an officiating problem when they don’t. Officials will always make errors and paying them more, making them full time, etc won’t fix it. Game is too fast for the human eye to see everything and interpret correctly.

What has to happen is fan expectations need to be lower. We sit back watching replays in super slo mo 4K 70” TVs and yell at refs for missing things that are judgement calls.

You have to rise above blaming refs. Sucks when it happens in big games but it’s part of the risk of watching the NFL just like bad bounces.

rcaido

Reaction score
Stop trying to make excuses for the refs...

There was just way way way more in the 49ers favor last night. Im talking 15-1 difference.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1p3s5rdd said:
Sgt. Largent":1p3s5rdd said:
ivotuk":1p3s5rdd said:

The conspiracy angle is a lot easier to swallow than "hard job, they get it wrong sometimes, and sometimes there's really actually not a good answer".

How could you not get it wrong sometimes when you're expected to call a bunch of new subjective rules that you're expected to call in a split second, most of which can't be overturned in replay?

PI, helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver or punt returner, leading with the crown of the helmet........these are all almost impossible to interpret in the split seconds that they happen.

So yeah it's frustrating, and we all like to get up on our soap boxes and declare bias. But it's just not true, because there's no plausible reason the league hates the Hawks and loves the Niners. That's just crazy talk.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gkug2er said:
bmorepunk":2gkug2er said:
Sgt. Largent":2gkug2er said:
ivotuk":2gkug2er said:

How could you not get it wrong sometimes when you're expected to call a bunch of new subjective rules that you're expected to call in a split second, most of which can't be overturned in replay?

PI, helmet to helmet, defenseless receiver or punt returner, leading with the crown of the helmet........these are all almost impossible to interpret in the split seconds that they happen.

So yeah it's frustrating, and we all like to get up on our soap boxes and declare bias. But it's just not true, because there's no plausible reason the league hates the Hawks and loves the Niners. That's just crazy talk.

Stealers XL?

May not be an NFL but definately possible for gambling thing for refs. 1st drive again you knew it will tough day against the refs. 3 3rd down penalties.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Mad Dog":25u67hpa said:
hawksfansinceday1":25u67hpa said:
NFL doesn't care enough to fix it's officiating problem. And yeah, it's bad all across the board. That said, I do feel Seattle got more $h!t calls/non-calls go against them last night than SF did.

I love how people bring out this narrative of NFL having an officiating problem when they don’t. Officials will always make errors and paying them more, making them full time, etc won’t fix it. Game is too fast for the human eye to see everything and interpret correctly.

What has to happen is fan expectations need to be lower. We sit back watching replays in super slo mo 4K 70” TVs and yell at refs for missing things that are judgement calls.

You have to rise above blaming refs. Sucks when it happens in big games but it’s part of the risk of watching the NFL just like bad bounces.
Sorry I disagree. It could be better and I use the fact that some games and some officials are much better than others as my proof.
For example, Mike Carey was so bad that I had 6 guys at a former job, all literally fans of 6 different teams mention at one time or another that they thought he was biased against their team. That's not just bad, but consistently bad. I do agree about the game being too fast which is why I'm in favor of the sky judge (as were all 32 HCs last offseason) but it could be significantly better than it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":2lvkmtf6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2lvkmtf6 said:
bmorepunk":2lvkmtf6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2lvkmtf6 said:

Stealers XL?

May not be an NFL but definately possible for gambling thing for refs. 1st drive again you knew it will tough day against the refs. 3 3rd down penalties.

You talk to any fanbase, and every single one of them will give you a laundry list of bad biased calls that went against them over their history. Hell, I have a Patriot buddy that's still crying about all the bad calls that went against them in the Eagle's SB, and suspending Brady for inflated footballs, and taking away draft picks because of Spygate, etc................cause why? Wait for it...............the league is tired of them winning.

But yeah, it's just us.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n8l2spr said:
rcaido":1n8l2spr said:
Sgt. Largent":1n8l2spr said:
bmorepunk":1n8l2spr said:

Stealers XL?

You talk to any fanbase, and every single one of them will give you a laundry list of bad biased calls that went against them over their history. Hell, I have a Patriot buddy that's still crying about all the bad calls that went against them in the Eagle's SB, and suspending Brady for inflated footballs, and taking away draft picks because of Spygate, etc................cause why? Wait for it...............the league is tired of them winning.

But yeah, it's just us.

I dont think anything is "rigged" per se, but I still the think the truth lies somewhere in between.

There is NO WAY, NONE that Brady or Rodgers dont draw a flag for either of those calls last night. If you so much as graze Brady's left kneecap he draws a flag. So I do think there is some (even if its subconscious) bias at play at times.

The rest of the crap we saw last night was probably just gross incompetence. Probably. Although, that "in the grasp" BS tends to shift me to conspiracy land. That seems even beyond sucking at your job. How do you call that????

John63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24tr7smc said:
You're right, but Al Woods also body slammed Jimmy, and that wasn't called.

I know we love nothing more here than our everyone hates us for no apparent reason whatsover, but we're going to perpetuate this irrational idea until the day we die................but the reality is the reffing in NFL games is just that terrible.

Woods was not a body slam the rule is you must lift him up off the ground and slam him woods never does that. FYI they missed 3 facemask on Wilson, 2 in the grasps, 2 hits while sliding etc etc.