Who do we root for this week?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Maulbert":q7rlpbxe said:
zchurch74":q7rlpbxe said:
Of course the cardinals and then Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Bucs, patriots, and bears?

I ain't rooting for the Cheatriots.

I can't either. I think we'll be ok against the Eagles regardless. Definitely rooting for the Cards. Of the other ones listed, hey if it happens it happens...not counting on those teams.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wins by Tampa Bay over the Saints, and Arizona over the 49ers would put us into the #2 seed in the NFC over the bye.

With that in mind, the following week, if we beat the Eagles and the 49ers beat Green Bay, we are the #1 seed in the NFC. If Green Bay beats the 49ers, we go up an extra game in the division, but drop to the #2 seed behind Green Bay.

Of course, that scenario is contingent on the Cardinals beating the 49ers. If the 49ers beat the Cardinals, we retain the #2 seed if they then lose to Green Bay and we beat the Eagles. If they beat Green Bay too, they retain the #1 seed while we fall to the #5, even with a win. With a loss next week, we would retain #5 if Denver beats the Vikings, but drop to #6 if the Vikings win. If the Saints beat Tampa Bay and then lose to the Panthers the following week, we'd still retain the #1 slot with a win and a 49ers loss to the Cardinals. A 49ers win over the Cardinals but loss to Green Bay would keep Green Bay the #1 spot and us the #2 spot at best no matter what.

Those appear to be the only really important games with regard to our standings. So, this week, root for Tampa Bay and Arizona no matter what. That is the most important by far. You'd also want to root for Denver, as that could impact us later on down the line with another loss or two.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1plhj8zx said:
Wins by Tampa Bay over the Saints, and Arizona over the 49ers would put us into the #2 seed in the NFC over the bye.

With that in mind, the following week, if we beat the Eagles and the 49ers beat Green Bay, we are the #1 seed in the NFC. If Green Bay beats the 49ers, we go up an extra game in the division, but drop to the #2 seed behind Green Bay.

Of course, that scenario is contingent on the Cardinals beating the 49ers. If the 49ers beat the Cardinals, we retain the #2 seed if they then lose to Green Bay and we beat the Eagles. If they beat Green Bay too, they retain the #1 seed while we fall to the #5, even with a win. With a loss next week, we would retain #5 if Denver beats the Vikings, but drop to #6 if the Vikings win. If the Saints beat Tampa Bay and then lose to the Panthers the following week, we'd still retain the #1 slot with a win and a 49ers loss to the Cardinals. A 49ers win over the Cardinals but loss to Green Bay would keep Green Bay the #1 spot and us the #2 spot at best no matter what.

Those appear to be the only really important games with regard to our standings. So, this week, root for Tampa Bay and Arizona no matter what. That is the most important by far. You'd also want to root for Denver, as that could impact us later on down the line with another loss or two.

honestly I prefer the scenario of us having to steal the division from the niners at the end of the season. It would be so much sweeter having us ruin their season.

getnasty

Reaction score
zchurch74":294qh1ne said:

This is exactly who i hope wins but not necessarily rooting for.

Seagal2013

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3t54grlh said:

That's A LOT of "IF's in your statement, my friend! Thank you for writing it out!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Maulbert":y24xpqio said:
zchurch74":y24xpqio said:

I agree. Not only do I not like the Patriots in general, we already have a 2 game lead in the loss column and we play the Eagles next week. Even if the 2nd tie breaker, ie conference record, was relevant, it's a non conference game.

I really don't get all that enamored with what the competition outside our division is doing until after Thanksgiving as it's still too hard to project.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Maulbert":1meqkq1u said:

Wait...so we aren't rooting for the Patsies to make it to the SB for a revenge rematch with the Hawks?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cards for sure, but the Niners are gonna' be angry after they got their teeth kicked in on Monday. Even though so many thought they had NO CHANCE, blah blah blah.
That game likely will be a blowout.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Heck, the way we're winning on the road I have no rooting interest, (except whomever is playing Dallas and Pittsburgh). Seriously, we control our destiny. I don't see Green Bay, San Fran or the Saint's winning out. I enjoy watching any NFL game but I only root for Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, nobody would have even thought of the 1 win Falcons beating the Saints on the road. Any given Sunday, or Monday....or Thursday

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
After Monday nights win, the Seahawks control their own destiny. As long as they keep winning, I don’t really care what anyone else does. A 14-1 SF team vs a 13-2 Seahawks team to close out the regular season...at the Clink! Winner takes NFC West and home field advantage in the playoffs. How fun could that be?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Boohman14":2grcub77 said:
Heck, the way we're winning on the road I have no rooting interest, (except whomever is playing Dallas and Pittsburgh). Seriously, we control our destiny. I don't see Green Bay, San Fran or the Saint's winning out. I enjoy watching any NFL game but I only root for Seattle.

Really ? So on 2 days rest coming off a super physical game you think they are going to blow out a team they beat by 3 two weeks ago?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As angry as that team will be, I absolutely think they will blow out the Cards. Hope to be shocked by a Cards win.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bump.

Simply because I can’t remember all this.

Lol :{)

I’ll be referring so need it further up the page.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.