2013 Seahawks Rated #18 Greatest NFL Team of All Time

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In NFL Network's "Top 100" series, "Top 100 Greatest NFL Teams".

Not too shabby considering the teams they beat out. A year and finish no 12 will ever forget.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Who is all ahead?I suppose the old Packers and Browns hold a few spots.

Maulbert

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1mec2s6c said:

1. 72 Dolphins
2. 85 Bears
3. 78 Steelers
4. 84 49ers
5. 89 49ers
6. 92 Cowboys
7. 07 Patriots
8. 76 Raiders
9. 62 Packers
10. 75 Steelers
11. 99 Rams
12. 86 Giants
13. 66 Packers
14. 98 Broncos
15. 91 Redskins
16. 04 Patriots
17. 77 Cowboys

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m like WTF, and I see the teams listed and I’m not as mad.
Still think they should be higher after beating the greatest offense ever, but a lot of quality on that list.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
It is so aggravating for me to watch videos of any kind with our internet speed. It’s just barely fast enough to stream our TV and with everyone trying to stream in this house, watching videos on NFL.com is impossible. :229031_banghead:

quadsas

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ua640wld said:
Still think they should be higher after beating the greatest offense ever, but a lot of quality on that list.

When you annihilate the greatest offense of all time in the Superb Owl you are an all time great team. In 10 years that team will be considered Top 5 at worst, just look at the names, it's absurd how good that team was

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I have but one major complaint about this list.......the '07 Patriots have no business being anywhere near the top-10. In my opinion if you don't win the Super Bowl you get relegated to the highest spot for non-Super Bowl winners no matter how great you looked and people thought you were.

I of course would've loved to see the Hawks a bit higher but it is what it is.

'72 Phins were great though I question if they were the best ever. But hey, if you're the only undefeated team ever you deserve it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":xtia2ay2 said:
IndyHawk":xtia2ay2 said:

1. 72 Dolphins2. 85 Bears
3. 78 Steelers4. 84 49ers5. 89 49ers
6. 92 Cowboys
7. 07 Patriots8. 76 Raiders9. 62 Packers10. 75 Steelers11. 99 Rams
12. 86 Giants
13. 66 Packers14. 98 Broncos15. 91 Redskins
16. 04 Patriots17. 77 Cowboys

The ones in bold I feel like we would have beaten them..Others maybe not.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Should be way higher. Sometimes I think the 2013 Seahawks would have beaten any team that night in NY. They played damn near perfect on offense, defense, and special teams.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IDK .. that 72 Dolphins team was a great team, all the way around.. strangely, I think everyone thought the Dolphins of the next year was a better Dolphin team, but they arn't on the list, soo.. who knows.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
It’s fair. If Pete was programmed to beat teams by more than a point the team would be higher.

At the time, games weren’t close but looking back and seeing only stats makes the ride more touch and go. The world beater only came out really during the super bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NINEster

Reaction score
quadsas":y2b9653v said:
Sports Hernia":y2b9653v said:

When you annihilate the greatest offense of all time in the Superb Owl you are an all time great team. In 10 years that team will be considered Top 5 at worst, just look at the names, it's absurd how good that team was

You guys are overrating this "greatest offense of all time".

There's a big difference between an offense that sets records for points in the regular season, and one that wins championships when it matters.

The '89 49ers are the only team with a #1 offense that beat a #1 defense in a Super Bowl (5 games I believe all time). Usually it's the other way around.

'99 Rams lost to the Patriots. '90 Bills lost to the Giants (Belichick both times). The '07 Patriots had a pretty special offense too before getting taken down by the Giants.

These greatest offenses ever are so pass-heavy based, they get exposed as not super dominant on the ground when it matters.

To sum up, the 2013 Seahawks were a special team for beating a #1 offense, but this idea that the 2013 Broncos were the greatest juggernaut unstoppable offense ever is BS. It had Peyton Manning running it FFS.....look at his career postseason stats......underwhelming to say the least.

The '84 Niners had to contend with Marino's 48 TD passes in a regular season...…..which still dwarfs anything any QB has ever done statistically, adjusted for passing inflation. Shut down 38-16.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":1wyff3u3 said:
quadsas":1wyff3u3 said:
Sports Hernia":1wyff3u3 said:

There's a big difference between an offense that sets records for points in the regular season, and one that wins championships when it matters.

The '89 49ers are the only team with a #1 offense that beat a #1 defense in a Super Bowl (5 games I believe all time). Usually it's the other way around.

'99 Rams lost to the Patriots. '90 Bills lost to the Giants (Belichick both times). The '07 Patriots had a pretty special offense too before getting taken down by the Giants.

These greatest offenses ever are so pass-heavy based, they get exposed as not super dominant on the ground when it matters.

To sum up, the 2013 Seahawks were a special team for beating a #1 offense, but this idea that the 2013 Broncos were the greatest juggernaut unstoppable offense ever is BS. It had Peyton Manning running it FFS.....look at his career postseason stats......underwhelming to say the least.

The '84 Niners had to contend with Marino's 48 TD passes in a regular season...…..which still dwarfs anything any QB has ever done statistically, adjusted for passing inflation. Shut down 38-16.

Bitter Betty, back again, and still not owning up to shit he spewed. We've got a plate of crow waiting for you in the shack.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really depends on which eras rules are used in each match up now doesn't it, our team could play in bygone eras since they were a physical team, many of those physical teams would have issues in our current era with the speed and rules.

cymatica

Reaction score
NINEster":3brv1kys said:
quadsas":3brv1kys said:
Sports Hernia":3brv1kys said:

I agree with this. The 2013 Broncos didn't really face many good defenses, the league was more offensive oriented that year. They had the best statistical year which is good in a vacuum, but they were a finesse team that couldn't handle a grind it out game with a team that matched up well. Definitely not the best offense of all time

Seanhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":rrc0cact said:
quadsas":rrc0cact said:
Sports Hernia":rrc0cact said:

The '99 Rams didn't even play the Patriots. They beat the Titans in the Super Bowl.