Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete Carroll needs to go

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Pete Carroll needs to go
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:55 pm
  • Tamerlane wrote:
    John63 wrote:we are not in the same position as NE we have not sniffed the SB in 5 years. So the comparison is not valid at all.

Nope. These are the #1 and #2 most successful coaches of the decade. If past success doesn't matter (lol!) then currently the Patriots are 12-4 and #3 seed coming off the most embarrassing NFL loss of the season. The Seahawks tonight are precisely "sniffing" 12-4 and #3 seed if you are paying attention.

Also, the Patriots have had a much easier schedule, a bad division and not nearly the injury bug the Seahawks have. If the Seahawks lose tonight, they will have achieved much more than the Patriots.

So if the fans are right the only questions left are: should we can Belichick and Carroll right now? Or wait until after the playoffs? And should both teams clean house at QB too as some fans ask? Hmmm, these are all hard decisions.... if you are an emo armchair GM with zero conception of success in the NFL.

Again we have not sniffed the SB in 5years and again no matter the record Fans have the right to their opinion here in the US. Dont like it nmove to Russia. You may not agree which is your right. FYI most are not asking PC to go. We are asking PC to let the offense grow.
    Last edited by John63 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 pm
  • RCATES wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

No they don't. With bad OL and defense they absolutely don't.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:18 pm
  • OrangeGravy wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Can we draft a new head coach?

Can we go after Urban Meyer???

I’d like to see him as coach.

Then you will blame Meyer's for Wilson's shortcoming's. People need to wake up and realize its Russ. He needs a lot of help to be successful. Without success in the running game Wilson's not scaring anyone. Maybe he will prove me wrong and carry this team to a victory over SF and go deep in the playoffs with a sub par rushing attack. That's what Elite Qb's do.

No they don't. With bad OL and defense they absolutely don't.

Lol RCATES, yea this one game, forget all the the games he has won with no run game and bad defense and bad oline this one is all that counts. Forget no ELITE qb does it without some help. Brady lost today to.miami and now they are the 3red seed, guess he is not elite. RCATES with the joke post of the year.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:26 pm
  • LOL I sit here and laugh at all the fire everyone that has made us successful approach, most come from people that were not here during the Behring, Flores, Erickson years, in fact I think most that make these posts would be jumping ship at the first sign of a 8 - 8 or a 5 - 11 season or worse. Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh and others as your face of the Franchise.

We will make adjustments, it's harder to rebuild sometimes as a good team rather then stockpile picks and pull a Rams or a 49ers rebuild and now looking like Arizona. Lots of fortunate circumstances and luck needed, Rams over paid everywhere and brought on F.A. Vets to supplement them, now in cap hell and or heading that way.

49ers have put together a nice group, again this season is a surge and can they keep it together going forward.

We have stayed in a top tier group trying to rebuild on the fly all the while being everyone's target, not easy.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:46 pm
  • Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. Teams that play aggressive. Teams that don’t turtle up with a small lead. Teams that protect their QB with some quick plays. Teams that don’t run RPO when everyone in the stadium KNOWS the QB no longer ever runs it. Teams that extend leads.

We change coordinators but not the play calling so that doesn’t help. It’s time.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:48 pm
  • JayhawkMike wrote:Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. .

So Go, Pete is staying...Buh-Bye
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:14 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:LOL I sit here and laugh at all the fire everyone that has made us successful approach, most come from people that were not here during the Behring, Flores, Erickson years, in fact I think most that make these posts would be jumping ship at the first sign of a 8 - 8 or a 5 - 11 season or worse. Dan McGwire, Stan Gelbaugh and others as your face of the Franchise.

We will make adjustments, it's harder to rebuild sometimes as a good team rather then stockpile picks and pull a Rams or a 49ers rebuild and now looking like Arizona. Lots of fortunate circumstances and luck needed, Rams over paid everywhere and brought on F.A. Vets to supplement them, now in cap hell and or heading that way.

49ers have put together a nice group, again this season is a surge and can they keep it together going forward.

We have stayed in a top tier group trying to rebuild on the fly all the while being everyone's target, not easy.

This is nothing like the Behring, Flores, and Erickson years. The Seahawks will not be the Niners, Cardinals, Dolphins or what have you. Why? The Seahawks have a franchise QB. None of those teams you mentioned had a franchise QB. The Niners were trotting out Gabbert, the Cardinals had Josh Rosen and Sam Bradford starting. The teams that are really bad are without an established QB.

Carroll has done some good for us, I don't think he is a bad coach per-say. As a culture and as a big picture guy he is very good. That being said his in game coaching, and schemes are very questionable as of late. My big question is are we wasting Wilson's prime? It's becoming increasingly hard for me to say that we aren't at this juncture.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:23 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:
    JayhawkMike wrote:Watching the play of other teams today keeps me in the We Appreciate Your Success But It’s Time to Go Camp. .

So Go, Pete is staying...Buh-Bye

This is why I love this forum. Instead of discussing ideas we attack other posters. Makes this place great :roll:
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:31 pm
  • One of the most infuriating coaches I've seen with the game on the line, the amount of mental mistakes that goes on. This is close to the SB screwup.
    bandiger
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:33 pm
  • bandiger wrote:One of the most infuriating coaches I've seen with the game on the line, the amount of mental mistakes that goes on. This is close to the SB screwup.

Welcome to the club!
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:34 pm
  • Agreed. That Delay of Game penalty is Exhibit 1a of the poor coaching decisions of the Pete Carrol era. Simply inexcusable.
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:40 pm
  • and those who mention it may be time for a change are the insane ones. Let us not forget wasting the entire first half.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:43 pm
  • Pete is over rated always wanting to make Russ his cover boy !! worthless pete i dont care if hes the won ONE superbowl he sucks but i know he wont leave till a new GM comes in. But im sure theyll figure it out next week lol
    maciasstrong68
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:45 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:and those who mention it may be time for a change are the insane ones. Let us not forget wasting the entire first half.

And who’s in charge of the game planning for that??

Come on, you can take a guess! Lol.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:54 pm
  • Even more evidence.

The game has passed him by.

If you're going to disagree provide evidence on why he should stay, I'm over it.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Myrtle Beach Hawk, Go Gators!

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:56 pm
  • Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:58 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    JustTheTip wrote:and those who mention it may be time for a change are the insane ones. Let us not forget wasting the entire first half.

And who’s in charge of the game planning for that??

Come on, you can take a guess! Lol.

Think you missed the point of my post. I have been one of the more vocal posters the last 4 years or so about Pete needing to move on.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:06 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?

Yes... coincidence.

You posting it in thread after thread doesn't change it
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:09 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?

Yes... coincidence.

Then delete it! Sorry the truth hurts so much.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:25 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Another inexcusable mistake on the goal line in a big game...just coincidence...or classic expectation?

Yes... coincidence.

Then delete it! Sorry the truth hurts so much.

The truth that it's coincidence?

Get a couch.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:28 pm
  • Again another end of game situation that makes me think of Les Miles when I watch PC
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:30 pm
  • Dam it. i’m buying in. Let’s go 6-10 for the next decade. Suckers..
    Tinymac2
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:34 pm
  • Everyone thinks the next coach is just magically going to be a McVay or a Shanahan. I wonder if many of you were happy Holmgren was leaving and Mora was coming in.

There is a much greater chance of finding a Kitchens or a Lynn.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:36 pm
  • JGreen79 wrote:Everyone thinks the next coach is just magically going to be a McVay or a Shanahan. I wonder if many of you were happy Holmgren was leaving and Mora was coming in.

There is a much greater chance of finding a Kitchens or a Lynn.

This. And if Seattle did get a "McVay", chances are good that he would flame out after a year or so.

With PC, we have competed year in and year out for a shot at the playoffs. Most years than not, we are in the playoffs.

Ask Browns fans how they feel about their yearly coaching carousal.
    LastRideOut
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:15 am
  • If the Eagles win next week Pete should go.
    Seatooter
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:15 am
  • Again, i'm impartial either way. Making the playoffs on a regular basis is nice, but never doing anything once we get there is kind of pointless after awhile. Fans can be optimistic all they want and bring up the Giants every year, but most of us honestly know how its going to go down. I would be fine with a coaching change at this point just to try something different with Russ at the helm, regardless if it turned out good or bad. I'm just along for the ride.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:50 am
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Again, i'm impartial either way. Making the playoffs on a regular basis is nice, but never doing anything once we get there is kind of pointless after awhile. Fans can be optimistic all they want and bring up the Giants every year, but most of us honestly know how its going to go down. I would be fine with a coaching change at this point just to try something different with Russ at the helm, regardless if it turned out good or bad. I'm just along for the ride.

Your post assumes that us making the playoffs on a regular basis is a product of PC and not a product of Wilson. I am not entirely sold that another coach would not have also made the playoffs with Wilson. GB, NO and NE are always playoff contenders and have dominant QBs as well. Maybe Wilson has 3 rings with a different coach.

Our coaching staff also does not adjust. Forget the actual game play stubbornness, but clock management has been a mess for years and we still see the problems constantly. Carroll took ownership of the debacle last night, but who actually cares because there is no consequence or adjustments. He will simply take ownership again when he botches up clock management or calls a head-scratching timeout. There will be no adjustments on clock management.

PC is allegedly a defensive guru, but as you correctly pointed out in another post, our defense is atrocious. We are not winning a SB with that defense anytime in the near future. We also need to consider our drafting which has been comical for the past few years.

We have had experience being really bad (the 90s) so I am enjoying the ride as well but am not sold that PC is a reason for 2012-2019.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 pm
  • All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical
    warden
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:03 pm
  • warden wrote:All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

This win was solely the doing of Wilson and Clowney. PC was just there for the ride.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:
    warden wrote:All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

This win was solely the doing of Wilson and Clowney. PC was just there for the ride.

Yeah, okay!

Cool story.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:06 pm
  • NJlargent wrote:
    warden wrote:All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

I thought that was they way football worked. The players play and coaches coach???

I am sure Pete did everything he could to knock us out of the playoffs. I have and idea. Lets get rid of PEte and get Jason Garret. I hear he is available and I am sure ANYONE woudl be better than PETE. :sarcasm_off:
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:10 pm
  • warden wrote:All the way injuries, in a rebuild playing in the toughest division in the league. Yet here we are advancing to the next round of the playoffs. Yet many here want to fire the coach. Comical

Yuuppp! Go away idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:12 pm
  • I’m sorry but I still believe we win games like tonight despite Pete not because of him. He is good on defense but he stifles the offense.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:12 pm
  • Still his culture

DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:13 pm
  • builds guys with competition and when FA’s come here and get in our building instantly love it....

DJ_CJ
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:15 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Again, i'm impartial either way. Making the playoffs on a regular basis is nice, but never doing anything once we get there is kind of pointless after awhile. Fans can be optimistic all they want and bring up the Giants every year, but most of us honestly know how its going to go down. I would be fine with a coaching change at this point just to try something different with Russ at the helm, regardless if it turned out good or bad. I'm just along for the ride.

Way to commit, dude! You go! You do you!

When did all that "I'm just here for the ride" $h!t start, anyway? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:26 pm
  • I look at the Seahawks' roster and wonder what other coaches in the league could have done with these guys. Seems like the measuring stick to fire Pete keeps getting pushed back further and further the more he wins. We could win the Super Bowl and I am sure there would still be some people who would want to fire Pete because they didn't like the way he did it. I don't like winning ugly and games can be hard to watch, but you can't deny that he has found a way to win with the men he has on the team.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:29 pm
  • DJ_CJ wrote:builds guys with competition and when FA’s come here and get in our building instantly love it....

Yep and he also injures a lot of starters with that same competition.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:40 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    DJ_CJ wrote:builds guys with competition and when FA’s come here and get in our building instantly love it....

Yep and he also injures a lot of starters with that same competition.

Wut??? This makes no sense.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:50 am
  • So we went back east and beat the Eagles, in what is basically Year 2 of a rebuild program. We have a chance at Green Bay, and if we win there, a possibility of hosting the NFC Championship game if the Vikings beat the 49ers.

So I'm just checking - are we still crapping on Pete, or are we gonna let up while we're advancing in the playoffs?

I never can tell with this board, because it seems the bar that Pete needs to attain for approval is always shifting. Most teams in a rebuilding process are happy to win 8 games. Often they go straight to the cellar and get high draft picks. Or they play musical coaches year after year and never attain any kind of progress because there's no consistency (hi Cleveland).

So here we are in a rebuilding process winning a playoff game on the road. Does Pete still need to go? Who are we gonna get? Jason Garret is available now, isn't he? Or maybe there are some other bright ideas?
    KiwiHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:17 am
  • I can’t believe this is a thread .

Goes to show how spoiled some fans get . And how lazy this board has become .

Pete isn’t the best game day coach but he’s by far the best overall coach the Seattle Seahawks have ever had . End of discussion .

Your going to miss him when he’s gone .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:46 am
  • KiwiHawk wrote:So we went back east and beat the Eagles, in what is basically Year 2 of a rebuild program. We have a chance at Green Bay, and if we win there, a possibility of hosting the NFC Championship game if the Vikings beat the 49ers.

So I'm just checking - are we still crapping on Pete, or are we gonna let up while we're advancing in the playoffs?

I never can tell with this board, because it seems the bar that Pete needs to attain for approval is always shifting. Most teams in a rebuilding process are happy to win 8 games. Often they go straight to the cellar and get high draft picks. Or they play musical coaches year after year and never attain any kind of progress because there's no consistency (hi Cleveland).

So here we are in a rebuilding process winning a playoff game on the road. Does Pete still need to go? Who are we gonna get? Jason Garret is available now, isn't he? Or maybe there are some other bright ideas?

The only way the "crapping on Pete" doesn't continue around here is a Super Bowl victory. Sad but true.
    hawksfansinceday1
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:50 am
  • Pete Carroll needs to go...………….to GB and get that W
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:26 am
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:So I'm just checking - are we still crapping on Pete, or are we gonna let up while we're advancing in the playoffs?

The only way the "crapping on Pete" doesn't continue around here is a Super Bowl victory. Sad but true.

Chant with me:

"19 and 0! or Pete's gotta go!"

Am I doing it right?

How about instead we just acknowledge PC isn't perfect (like many of the posters here) and hope he can continue learning and evolving and improving on his already top-of-the-line coaching skills?
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:03 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:I’m sorry but I still believe we win games like tonight despite Pete not because of him. He is good on defense but he stifles the offense.

And the defense played a large part in that win.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm
  • To the Hall of Fame! :2thumbs:
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm
  • This is ridiculous. I don't want Carroll to leave, ever. I have been a fan since Day 1 and he IS the best coach this team has ever had and to replace him with what? PLEASE.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:37 pm
  • Hopefully he goes in the OP's Cheerios.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:38 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Pete Carroll needs to go...………….to GB and get that W

:lol: :lol: :lol: :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:48 pm
  • NOTE: This post has been deleted 5/22/20, ------- this comes after multiple unprovoked attacks on me by the @$$h0le acer1240. I will never post here again. This site has officially gone to hell & I'll never return.
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information