The brightside to this (potential revenge in two weeks)...

W

Welshers

Look, I'm as sick as anyone. Disgustingly sick over a football game, actually. Our clock mismanagement was terrible and the blatant missed PI was pathetic and the league office owes us an apology.

But the bright-side to all of this is if we can beat the Eagles on the road next week (arguably an easier game than the Vikes at home), then we will almost certainly be going to Santa Clara for a third match vs the 9ers. A chance at revenge and to end their season. And I think that would be an easier match up than going to play NO in the Dome, who we would have been faced with if we won the division and beat the Vikes.

We proved we could play with anyone once again today, losing to the second or third best team in the League by half a yard after being down 13 points late. Season isn't over.

GO SEAHAWKS

strohmin

Reaction score
Yeah but then we are also capable of losing to a team like the Rams or Cardinals. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our ass handed to us by the eagles.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just in time for Dee Ford to come back...yet another weapon. Still gotta survive Philly and yet more injuries.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

strohmin":2geckbxg said:
Yeah but then we are also capable of losing to a team like the Rams or Cardinals. I wouldn't be surprised if we get our ass handed to us by the eagles.

This is very true. But I like our chances better on the road vs the Eagles than at home against Minnie, to be quite honest with you. I also like our chances going to SF better than going to NO, which is what we are now looking at if we can make it to the second round.

You're right, we can very easily lose to Philly and maybe should even be the underdogs. I don't see us getting blown out though. In the absolute biggest of games, this team always just seems to stay around tell the end even when they are down big. See today, down 12 with 5 minutes left and lose by half a yard.

James in PA

Reaction score
Welshers":24r3qmh9 said:
strohmin":24r3qmh9 said:

This is very true. But I like our chances better on the road vs the Eagles than at home against Minnie, to be quite honest with you. I also like our chances going to SF better than going to NO, which is what we are now looking at if we can make it to the second round.
As much as I wanted to win the division, I agree with both of these things. Time will tell if it was a blessing in disguise. But I will say this and I didn’t think I’d ever say it: Get this team the hell away from that HOUSE OF HORRORS known as Century Link!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Welshers

James in PA":ys4bsw0c said:
Welshers":ys4bsw0c said:
strohmin":ys4bsw0c said:

As much as I wanted to win the division, I agree with both of these things. Time will tell if it was a blessing in disguise. But I will say this and I didn’t think I’d ever say it: Get this team the hell away from that HOUSE OF HORRORS known as Century Link!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen brother. Eagles are next. Let's get the W!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't think we can afford to bother looking past the next game. Haven't we lost 3 of our last 4 games? We need to focus on our next game and deal with whatever comes after that. Eagles are on a streak despite the problems they're encountering. We'll have to play our best to get that W.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Appyhawk":3tt10q7w said:
I don't think we can afford to bother looking past the next game. Haven't we lost 3 of our last 4 games? We need to focus on our next game and deal with whatever comes after that. Eagles are on a streak despite the problems they're encountering. We'll have to play our best to get that W.
I agree. Reality is I'd rather play the Eagles than the Vikings regardless of where. But it was really a toss up. Wish we won the division and screwed the 49ers. Oh well. Season is still live. Let's get the next one.