I have a crazy question for you

morgulon1

Reaction score
Please understand before anyone questions my level of love for the Seattle Seahawks , I been a diehard since the late 70s ( about 40 years )

I see some real positives. Metcalf , RW ( top qb in the NFL )Lockett and a mentality of people stepping in
and playing hard when given the chance. Most teams aren't 11-5 , no matter how you get there. We have beenv
Blessed the last 10 years believe me.

Some negatives imho . injuries injuries and you got it injuries.
5th 6th string RB, Replacment TE , LT, center, IFREDO !!
And the defense is banged up and seems a little slower to my untrained
And unpaid eye. Hey Im just a fan.

After all that my question is:

Do you want the Seahawks to go to the Super bowl?

I am kind of on the side of no because I dont want to go and lose. Losing a superbowl is one of the worst feelings
and it could affect this young teams psyche moving foward. I dont want to be the Buffalo Bills of the 2020s, I want
To be top strength , healthy and capable . I just dont think these guys are ready.
We need to upgrade a couple of spots on defense, maybe shore up the offensive line and have a healthy RB corp .

What do my fellow 12s think?

justafan

Reaction score
Yes i do. I would love to see them go 4 straight win or lose. What the Bills did will never be duplicated.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I see your logic but I think with Russ in the long run the team would be fine. To him a failure really is just another chance to succeed.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I actually was thinking about this the other day.

But, there is no way a team this beaten up, with this bad of a defense, gets to the SuperBowl. Especially when you have a coach hamstringing his QB for 3/4 of the game.

It actually all worked out for us. Beating the 49ers we would have played the Vikings. Instead we played a weak, broken, shell of an Eagles team. Even so, with a QB leading them that is my age - they came within a TD. Their 40 year old gym teacher looking QB was outrunning our DE.

(Thank god the Eagles signed that guy instead of someone like Kap. Say what you want but if their 40 year old QB is outrunning our defense, Kap would have been able to....but I digress)

SB teams don't have that issue. This is not a SB caliber team now. My dream for this team is to either win the next one, or at least not get boat raced.

Chapow

Reaction score
Of course I want them to make it to the Super Bowl.

You don't have a chance to win a Super Bowl if you don't make it there. You definitely have a chance to win a Super Bowl if you do. I'd rather have a chance to win a Super Bowl than no chance, even if it sucks super bad to lose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes, I want them to go to the super bowl.
You don’t have a chance to win the Lombardi if you are not playing in the Super Bowl.

You have the QB, you have a chance once you get to that game.

Even if Seattle plays Baltimore and gets curb stomped I want to go.

Remember this is year 2 of a rebuild, if you can play in the SB during a rebuild that’s awesome and speaks well for the future.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes, I want them to advance to SB.

Yes, even if they will probably lose. Probably isn't definite. There is always a chance. There was one with McCown; had the Igs just gotten one TD, one two-point, things would have been different. There's always a chance.

Yes, even if I knew for sure the game would end as it did in 2015. The team made it to the SB. They got a ring. That is always better than not being in it.

Look at it this way--should we advance, win or lose, we will be remembered and remember ourselves for our resiliency in getting there.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Having lived through two Super Bowl losses (along with the rest of you) ... I have no hesitation that I'll take any chance at it we can get. I'm not worried about any AFC team we couldn't beat. Or, conversely we could be beat by.

I mean ... when you're a fan at the end of the day if you're not rooting to keep winning and keep playing then what's the point?

zchurch74

Reaction score
Hell Yes. I hate reliving the loss last time but we still get too say we went back to back, win or lose. How many teams can say they went back to back. Most teams who are in the super bowl don't even make the playoffs, yeah we are looking at you Lambs!

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3jenykpc said:

But, there is no way a team this beaten up, with this bad of a defense, gets to the SuperBowl. Especially when you have a coach hamstringing his QB for 3/4 of the game.

It actually all worked out for us. Beating the 49ers we would have played the Vikings. Instead we played a weak, broken, shell of an Eagles team. Even so, with a QB leading them that is my age - they came within a TD. Their 40 year old gym teacher looking QB was outrunning our DE.

(Thank god the Eagles signed that guy instead of someone like Kap. Say what you want but if their 40 year old QB is outrunning our defense, Kap would have been able to....but I digress)

SB teams don't have that issue. This is not a SB caliber team now. My dream for this team is to either win the next one, or at least not get boat raced.

It looks like were outvoted , and its not even close! Junping on what youre saying I was thinking with the experience a lot of the younger guys have gotten this season , you add a couple of difference makers on defense ,
Tighten up the offensive line and year 3 we go all the way.

Thanks to everyone for their responses , regardless of point of view!!

Donn2390

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3fd8ptrl said:

You are definitely a "Twisted Husky"..!

hawks85

Reaction score
What kind of question is that? Hell to the yes I want Seattle to go to the SB and win. I want them to go every year til the end of time and win.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
hawks85":1eeyt15s said:
What kind of question is that? Hell to the yes I want Seattle to go to the SB and win. I want them to go every year til the end of time and win.

Everyone here wants Seattle to "go and win it" yet thats not the premise of the question.
I knew when I posted this, there would be one of these type responses.

The question was Seattle having all the injuries and at key spots, do you want to go
All the way to get possibly curb stomped ? Were 1-2 in SB

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Yes. Even with all the injuries. This team has heart and Russell Wilson. With him there is always a chance to win. I highly doubt any team in the AFC would curb stomp this team. Yes I mean that and am not high. Give this team 2 weeks to game plan and there is a chance. The Hawks are funny this year, playing down to competition but also playing up to competition. I just don’t see them not getting up for the SB if given the chance.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't want to see them go Bronco.

If they lose I want them to lose competitively and the only excuse would be that the opposing team was just to good.

Every team that plays in the SB has that fear, but in the end, you can only rise up to it and do the best you can. It's not about losing it as to how you lose it. I don't want to see us bumble our way for 4 quarters and look like we don't belong.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I went into these playoffs with the attitude that anything we get in the way of wins is gravy.
I love good gravy. It's easy to question whether we have enough meat and potatoes to deserve extra helpings of gravy, but IMO if we can earn our way there we deserve to be in it. Whatever happens happens for a reason.

mikeak

Reaction score
People thought I was an idiot when I said it could be better to lose against the 49ers. The whole reason was to go FURTHER in the playoffs.

Yes the goal is to go as far as possible. If that is the Superbowl then so be it. That is an awesome season. Also this is not a year we are supposed to win it all so it will be a stepping stone. That is very different than being supposed to win it and losing.

Whatever the outcome this season will bring a fire in the belly for next season - and yes including a super bowl win

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Like asking if you want to go outside because you might get sunburned.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
The 3 greatest sports moments in my life have been the 3 NFCCG at CLink. Getting to the SB would mean another chance at that euphoria if we lucked out and Minny beats SF. I’m all for that feeling. Nothing like winning a SB berth with 60,000 fellow 12’s. it’s a special thing.

So he’ll yes I want them to make the SB. There are many worse things than losing a SB.