Lynch, Sherman, Thomas & Ring of Honor

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Do Lynch, Sherman and Thomas all make it to the ring of honor? Does Lynch rise above Sherman and Thomas because he came back and the way he came back?

Sherman and Thomas (according to the odds makers) have a legit shot at leading their teams to face each other in the Super Bowl, does that help or hurt their chances to make our ring and also will the way Thomas left affect his going into the ring of honor?

I would think Wilson and Wagner are locks on the ring of honor. So far there are only 12 in the ring with the 12th one being added last September:

https://www.geekwire.com/2019/paul-alle ... ate-owner/

themunn

Reaction score
Sherman and Thomas are hall of fame locks, who will be remembered for their careers here before anything they do for SF or BAL.
I don't think there's any question they make the ROH alongside Wilson and Wagner. Wilson and Wagner probably go in immediately when they retire assuming they stay here the remainder of their career, while Sherman and Thomas probably go in when they make the HoF. Though that said it took 5 years to induct Walter Jones so perhaps they leave it a bit longer.

Lynch is probably a bigger unknown, if Shaun Alexander isn't in there, despite being franchise leader in rushing yards, total TDs and to date our only league MVP, then it's difficult to make the argument for Lynch over him - though I do think Alexander should be in there.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Lynch and Sherman for sure. Both had great careers here and without them their is no sb win.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
themunn":2vxqp6ea said:
Sherman and Thomas are hall of fame locks, who will be remembered for their careers here before anything they do for SF or BAL.
I don't think there's any question they make the ROH alongside Wilson and Wagner. Wilson and Wagner probably go in immediately when they retire assuming they stay here the remainder of their career, while Sherman and Thomas probably go in when they make the HoF. Though that said it took 5 years to induct Walter Jones so perhaps they leave it a bit longer.

Lynch is probably a bigger unknown, if Shaun Alexander isn't in there, despite being franchise leader in rushing yards, total TDs and to date our only league MVP, then it's difficult to make the argument for Lynch over him - though I do think Alexander should be in there.

munn's the word. Solid post right there.

HawkerD

Reaction score
the 2012 - 2015 Era is the greatest in Seahawk history. I would expect the ROH to have a number of players from that era. I would even consider Kam a candidate. The LOB was historic! We aren't likely to see anything at that level again here in Seattle.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I consider Thomas to be the best out of the three listed and also the one that holds the biggest grudge. Who knows.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Since 2006, only 1 player has been inducted. I'm not even sure it's a thing anymore. They did Paul Allen earlier this year to bring it to '12' which was (I supposed) fitting.

It's a strange process. I wonder who if anyone at the Seahawks even knows how it works right now.

TreeRon

Reaction score
We're assuming Thomas and Shernan would accept/want to be in the Seahawks Ring of Honor. I bet they'd snub the honor.

Boohman14

Reaction score
TreeRon":2kan619o said:
We're assuming Thomas and Shernan would accept/want to be in the Seahawks Ring of Honor. I bet they'd snub the honor.

I think they will both accept placement in the Ring of Honor. They never have had a negative comment toward the fans. The NFL is a business where players have a limited time to earn. Thomas and Sherman wanted to maximize their earnings, just like most of us would. Thomas had a beef with Peat or the front office not his team mates or the fans. He had the feeling he was gong to be traded or released for cap reasons and was upset with the team for having to play without the safety net of a future contact in his final year. He got hurt and felt "screwed over" by Management as he was exposed to playing, risking his future earnings with a potential career ending injury.

LargentFan

Reaction score
One day, we will see Earl, Kam and Sherm all inducted at the same time. The crowd will go bonkers when they are introduced at half time. Their names will all be side by side with a header above them. "The Legion of Boom."
I only wish Browner could be included. He is the reason it began.

As for Lynch, he is separate, but I would love to see him up there. He might be the most loved Seahawk of the past 20 years.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
LargentFan":syl5mlzw said:
One day, we will see Earl, Kam and Sherm all inducted at the same time. The crowd will go bonkers when they are introduced at half time. Their names will all be side by side with a header above them. "The Legion of Boom."
I only wish Browner could be included. He is the reason it began.

As for Lynch, he is separate, but I would love to see him up there. He might be the most loved Seahawk of the past 20 years.
Agreed.

I think Wilson, Wagner, Sherm, Earl, Kam, and Doug get in. You can also make a case for KJ and Brandon Mebane.

But Lynch, that guy, I don’t care what anyone says, he is the greatest RB the Seahawks ever had.

I’m so happy he came back.

Marshawn Lynch, in my opinion is a Top 10 Seahawks player of all-time.

Largent
Walter
Easley
Cortez
Wilson
Sherm
Lynch
Earl
Kam
Wagner

chris98251

Reaction score
All of them will, Earls problem was with Pete not the fans, Sherm loves Seattle still and it's about the fans, Lynch no question he is a fan favorite, he has the most incredible offensive play in our history and top ten all time by the NFL, also he likes Seattle and while Loves Oakland came here because the fans love him also.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
IMO, to not include them, would be to discount the effort they put in to help bring the franchise, to date, its only Lombardi. To me, those efforts mean something, and it would be a disservice to not reward them for that, they were here long enough, and they for sure were talented enough to warrant being future ROH inductees.