Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Seahawks Depth Chart and roster moves

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks guys!

Multiple sources including respective player tweets confirm the Hawks have/are releasing C- Justin Britt, and G- DJ Fluker. sometimes the business part of the game brings disappointment as I liked Fluker. The OLine will certainly be a location where there is going to be LOTS of competition for roster spots.

The team still has lots of cap space to add to the D, and to bolster the pass rush.

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Have a feeling you're gonna be a real busy guy for awhile Jammer. Hoping for another big D addition sooner than later...
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• No worries my friend, this whole thing is a team effort. This addition of the UDFAs is always time consuming.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

I have added 14 players to the roster based on reports from Condotta and CBS sports. I’m not completely sure of their accuracy and have qualified their listing on the roster post.

Had hoped find draft/ combine info on each of these guys but that has proved difficult.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I expected this to happen. He was going to be unlikely to play more than half the season anyway.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Thanks DJ!!! Your information contribution is appreciated.

I'm unsure now who has and has not signed a UDFA deal as adding this player takes the roster numbers to 91 which is one more than allowed.

To me it's clear the team plans on having some ruthless competitions for roster spots and TE is one of the positions.

I'm presently not going to add him until I hear from several sources the player has been added or that another player isn't actually signed. This stuff is frustrating as the UDFA signing rush creates all sorts of announcements some of which are actually announcing the player is being added to come to rookie minicamp while the others are actually true signings.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

I suspect Davis Hsu is incorrect with his roster numbers I presently have 45- O, 42- D, 3 ST = 90, but I don't have 2 UDFA guys he thinks are signed RB- Patrick Carr & TE- Dominick Wood Anderson; but I have DE/DT- Cedrick Lattimore noted as signed as a UDFA. Something is amiss here, one of us is wrong.

Every year there is huge confusion over who is actually signed as a UDFA until the team announces.

Until I know what is right I will post the above two below the guys CBS & Condotta have announced as being signed, but I won't show them on the roster.

Sure wish we'd get a formal announcement from the team.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Not sure I understand what's up with Bruce Irvin's contract which remains unsigned.

OTC.com is reporting the teams available cap today is $21,280,498 before irvin's deal is counted.

Lots of room to do all sorts of things if needed.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Seahawks claim CB- Jayson Stanley from waivers from Jax.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... f-waivers/

At this stage the numbers aren't meaning anything so I'm now just going to add all the players the press reports are signed with the Hawks. At some point we shall find out who the corresponding players are.

Perhaps even though drafted by Seattle, the draft picks are not formally on the roster yet so there are 8 extra roster spots for JS to look at until the draft picks are signed.

Here's draft profile on Stanley 6'2", 207, 33"arms, 4:46/40 went undrafted last year. Looked at by Atlanta and by Jax as a WR, will be converted to CB from WR here. Another project for Pete.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php ... tYear=2019
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

Perhaps this is highly situational and complex due to the present quarantine like situation we are mostly all in at present.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

Perhaps this is highly situational and complex due to the present quarantine like situation we are mostly all in at present.

Yeah, anybody who doesn't live in Renton has probably not actually "signed" any contracts. All we have are committment promises, mostly. Until travel opens up it won't change, unless they start allowing signing over the internet.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sutz wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

Yeah, anybody who doesn't live in Renton has probably not actually "signed" any contracts. All we have are committment promises, mostly. Until travel opens up it won't change, unless they start allowing signing over the internet.

I have been e-signing contracts for at least the past 5 years. With Skye, Zoom, Teams, etc., having "face-to-face" meetings is not a huge issue today. Other than physicals, the virus situation should not impact signings.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

• Nunya wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    jammerhawk wrote:Rather clearly to me the announced UDFA additions are not all in fact actually signed. It’d be nice to see some formal announcement by the team so we have clarity.

I have been e-signing contracts for at least the past 5 years. With Skye, Zoom, Teams, etc., having "face-to-face" meetings is not a huge issue today. Other than physicals, the virus situation should not impact signings.

You'd think. Hell, they could snail mail paper contracts, too. :mrgreen:

But the physical thing matters, too. Guess you could make it contingent. Not a hell of a lot of money involved in UDFA contracts.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

The list you posted above includes 11 names of players we have recorded as signed, unfortunately there are another 6 players who have been reported through normally reliable sources as being signed. The team has been silent about who is actually signed. It's impossible to know who is in fact signed. I've attempted to distinguish between those the team has confirmed and those suspected to be agreed to terms.

This is usual and causes some accuracy confusion until the team finally announces all the signings.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

Very much awaited and appreciated.

I suspect more names will be announced in the short term.

I will update
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Another one. If you like the source. :vodka:

The following undrafted rookies were signed by the Seahawks Monday afternoon:

DT Josh Avery, Southeast Missouri
    RB Patrick Carr, Houston, Houston
    WR Seth Dawkins, Louisville
    CB Gavin Heslop, Stony Brook
    RB Anthony Jones, Florida International
    DT Cedrick Lattimore, Iowa
    TE Tyler Mabry, Maryland
    FS Chris Miller, Baylor
    FS Josh Norwood, West Virginia
    CB Kemah Siverand, Oklahoma State
    DE Marcus Webb, Troy
    TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, Tennessee

To make room on the roster, Seattle waived four players: defensive tackle Nazair Jones, running back Adam Choice, defensive tackle Shakir Soto and linebacker Pita Taumoepenu.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

Everything is up to date.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Of the four perhaps all but Naz could be back for PS chores as the season rolls along. Suspect Naz is done, knees are shot if the problem is chronic. The team has certainly whiffed some with DLinemen in the last while, or simply has had buzzard luck.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!!!

I’ve been waiting for that deal to be announced. Certainly now clarifies the cap situation. Clowney’s delay has certainly made it more unlikely to fit him under the cap without significant manoeuvres.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Contrary to draft day for Sullivan Pete now announces Stephen Sullivan will start camp as a TE instead of as a WR.

Here's a rotoworld link: https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/ ... n-sullivan

Maintaining social distancing in that room with 9 candidates for potentially 3 roster spots is going to be tough. There will be lots of competition for those jobs.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• The team presently has the following numbers at various positions:

Offense:

QB- 2, with one being an undrafted rookie. There could still be an addition here.

RB- 6, 3 are rookie and 2 of the 3 are undrafted rookies, Penny will start the season on PUP and will be unlikely to be counted upon until very late in the season. To me there could still be a need for more depth

FB- 1

WR- 10, 2 are rookies, one is an undrafted rookie, one is a FA addition. If the league ends the indefinite suspension of Gordon I could see him being added to the pile.

OT- 6, only 1 is a certain starter Brown at LT, 1 is an undrafted rookie, 2 are free agent additions, of them Shell at RT appears to be the likely starter but he could be in for challenge from Jones. Several of these players look to be likely short term keepers with the contracts they have.

OG- 8, 1 is a rookie and he appears to be a potential serious competitor for RG. Last year's starter at LG is re-signed but he has competition for his spot.

OC- 4, The presumptive starter Kinney is new as FA acquisition, and there are several players who have time starting available in the competition for the job.

TE- 9, this is going to be a serious competition for at best 3 or max 4 spots. Dissly may start on PUP but could return early, it's likely Olsen has a spot, as it is the case that Hollister could as well, this leaves 6 guys in a competition to begin with for 1 spot which may just be a depth spot. I can't see the team axing Parkinson early either so the numbers here seem to be signifying a two TE scheme. Seems to me several of these guys are truly PS types. Of the 9 bodies 5 are new to the team, 4 are rookies, 2 of whom were undrafted and one is FA acquisition. Although competition is the watchword the real final 4 could already be obvious.

Defense:

DE- 7 , 3 rookies with 1 undrafted (Lattimore who may be a 5 tech or situational 3 tech DT), plus a returning player who was a FA addition. The group as a whole is young and inexperienced and I could see an established player or two being added.

DT- 6, 2 undrafted rookies. This seems to be an area of relative weakness and could be the subject of several player additions as cuts happen or contractual positions clarify.

SOLB- 4, 1 undrafted player (Mencer) plus 1 returning FA situational vet. (Irvin). The position is one which sees players specialize as pass rushers or are 3 down players. There could be some fluidity of positional designation amongst the LBs here now. The numbers seem good.

MLB- 2, the numbers are really potentially wrong as the rookie draft pick Brooks could be designated as a MLB. The strength is good.

WOLB- 4, one rookie. The position will see some changes depending upon where the team is to play the rookie Brooks. Collectively there is solid depth, players at one LB position may see time playing another LB position.

CB- 10, 2 undrafted rookies, 3 veteran players w. differing levels of experience, some physical quality obtained by trade or FA . The group may acquire a more legit true nickel corner as the offseason progresses.

SS/FS- 8, 3 undrafted rookies, solid returning core group. Could see a young but experienced player get beaten out by younger players. This is an interesting group.

Special Teams

PK, P, LS- 3 players, experienced stability.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• This comes from a friend who calculated the numbers over the last five seasons. He tends to know what he's talking about, but I did not dig into the numbers to confirm whether or not his counts and calculations are accurate.

League average players on opening day rosters per position over the last 5 seasons (2015-2019):
    QB - 3
    RB - 5
    TE - 4
    WR - 5
    OL - 9

CB - 5
    S - 4
    LB - 6
    DL - 9

ST - 3
    Sun Tzu
    NET Rookie

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

Updated.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they expand the roster by 3 and practice roster by 4 ?
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• The practice squad has been expanded to 12. The roster stays the same at 53, but they can have 2 extra OLinemen active on game day. Practice squad players can be be moved up to the 53 and back w/o them being waived.

I stand to be corrected as the rules change wasn't all that easy to understand.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• jammerhawk wrote:The practice squad has been expanded to 12. The roster stays the same at 53, but they can have 2 extra OLinemen active on game day. Practice squad players can be be moved up to the 53 and back w/o them being waived.

Thanks, there has been a few ideas due to the Virus and the impact of injuries and cherry picking lineman off practice squads and then that team needing them also. Basically getting them experience and paying for it only not able to use it.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Perhaps it’s an attempt to improve the play of OLinemen as the college game is failing to produce a sufficient number of NFL ready players. Alternatively an idea to slowly increase roster size w/o significantly increasing pay levels.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• It's being reported that the Hawks have re-signed QB- Geno Smith, terms are unknown. As well it is unknown who the corresponding player to be released will be either.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I bet we're moving him to TE.
    Hawkstorian
    * NET Staff *

• LOL, you cynic.

Headline: "Seahawks soon to have all TE offense, Russell Wilson to be traded."
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Thanks Kitsap!

I've listed him as re-signed on the DC even though they've just only agreed to terms.

It allows the team to have an extra player on the 90 man roster until the signing becomes official.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• Yeah, these days there's not a lot of incentive to hurry things. Except for if he gets a better offer.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Hawkstorian wrote:I bet we're moving him to TE.

:lol:
    Good one. TEs are like O Linemen. You can never have too many, right?
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

• jammerhawk wrote:The practice squad has been expanded to 12. The roster stays the same at 53, but they can have 2 extra OLinemen active on game day. Practice squad players can be be moved up to the 53 and back w/o them being waived.

My understanding is the Practice Squad changes from 10 to 12 players. The Active Roster changes from 53 to 55 players. The Game Day roster changes from 46 to 48 players. I haven't seen rules for O-Linemen but you may well be correct.

wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_NFL_season

wikipedia.org/wiki/Practice_squad
    flv
    NET Practice Squad

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information