Rasheem Green

seabowl

Reaction score
I know he's still young and going into year three but Rasheem Green needs to take a big step forward in order to prove his somewhat high draft pick status. He seems to have the tools but just hasn't put it all together yet. His physique reminds me a little of Michael Sinclair who was awesome. IMO it's a make or break year for him in 2020. If he does see the light of would be tremendous for the D.

nanomoz

Reaction score
A big jump would certainly be great. And it's a reasonable timeline, I think.

You mentioned he's young, so it is worth adding that he'll only be 23 in May, which is crazy. He'll probably still be younger than some 2020 rookies that took a red shirt year in college. He took a big jump through 2019, I think. And a similar jump next year should put him in position to be an effective inside/out pass rusher.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s had flashes of genuine ability, think he just needs to keep on learning his craft, learning moves and counters, while getting physically stronger to be better. Being an effective pass rusher is not easy to be. His growth this season was encouraging and causes me hope in believing he might become a really talented pass rusher.

His 3rd season will tell us lots.

massari

Reaction score
Michael Bennett wasn't Michael Bennett until season 3 or 4 when he was 26.

edit: He's still younger than LJ Collier lol

nwHawk

Reaction score
Considering his age, talent, potential upside as well as how he played compared to the rest of the line last year, it's fair to ask who would you rank ahead of him (other than Clowney)?

He's only 23. It's like he's a 1st pick that we've had for 2 years. Where will he be in 2 or 3 years? The kid is only going to get better.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No issues with Green. I think he's flashed significantly in year two. His development track IMO, is right on schedule.

Although the OP isn't completely wrong. Maybe the implication is. I expect him to take another leap forward -- based on what I saw in 2019. I suppose I'd find it more of a disappointment if he didn't. My expectations for him are greater this upcoming season.

Seems his opportunities will dictate this. He seems to be more competing with Collier and Clowney for snaps. If Collier gets more opportunity, I would expect that to come from Green's share. Right now there is a logjam of sorts on that side of the DL.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
IF Green could play consistently somewhere near the level of the best he's shown us the complexion of our D needs would be changed dramatically. I don't know what to think about Collier other than what we've seen points to our need for another shot of quality depth at the DE position.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
For what he is, Green has shown a lot of worth.

Just as Pete and John don't stop at piling Greens onto this roster and calling it good. Green isn't a speed rusher, and that's exactly what the line desperately needs three of.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10wwlprg said:

Just as Pete and John don't stop at piling Greens onto this roster and calling it good. Green isn't a speed rusher, and that's exactly what the line desperately needs three of.

Frankly I can't think of one speed rusher on the team. Maybe Ansah but he was not very fast and thankfully is a FA. Clowney is fast but not like a true speed rusher like Frank Clark.

IMO they do need a speeded rusher.

sutz

Reaction score
seabowl":3gctklg3 said:
MontanaHawk05":3gctklg3 said:

Frankly I can't think of one speed rusher on the team. Maybe Ansah but he was not very fast and thankfully is a FA. Clowney is fast but not like a true speed rusher like Frank Clark.

Shaquem Griffin. Kind of light, and unproven, but showed some quicks last season. Not saying he's the final answer, but that is basically his role.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Green was always going to be a developmental prospect with sky high potential. He's still so young, but this upcoming year also needs to be a huge stepping stone for him. No excuses to not be a regular and impactful guy on the D-line next year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":1p2tiptw said:
MontanaHawk05":1p2tiptw said:

I could not agree with you more. Green is a base end not a Leo and thought to have ability as an outside in pass rusher in the Mike Bennett fashion, he’s flashed some ability but still is quite raw. Collier was drafted with the same idea in mind, there is no true Leo end on the team at present.

The need for a speed rusher or Leo type DE is most likely part of the reason for the team’s interest in acquiring Ngakoue, he’s a proven commodity at a position of need.

Largent80

Reaction score
Every line needs 3 speed rushers. Problem is, this isn't 2012 and these guys get paid. So you need the Greens of the world improving.

getnasty

Reaction score
I hope we see Green and Collier kick inside more obvious pass down this year. They'd be speed rushers at DT.