VIDEO: Seattle Seahawks 2020 Rookie Class

1BadAff

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been a Seahawk fan since I was sitting in my living room, at the age of 17, listening to Matt Hasselbeck murmur those words "We want the ball, and we're gonna score". Although the outcome wasn't what he predicted, I was sucked in from that moment on. It was also around that time that I started to lurk the .Net message boards.

I am an amateur video editing enthusiast, and I recently started to dabble with Seahawks related content, and wanted to share it with all of you.

Please enjoy!

Part 1 (Rounds 1-4)
[youtube]6BR6vkDfPNE[/youtube]

Part 2 (Rounds 5-7)
[youtube]Oh3pVlaMC54[/youtube]

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
Thank you Wenhawk and Kitsap for your quick responses.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
1BadAff":kh0pz3mx said:
NO, Thank You!!...You are indeed ...a, 1BadAff dude :irishdrinkers:....Nice Job. :2thumbs:

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
scutterhawk":21lzdawz said:
1BadAff":21lzdawz said:
NO, Thank You!!...You are indeed ...a, 1BadAff dude :irishdrinkers:....Nice Job. :2thumbs:
:irishdrinkers:

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Welcome, 1BadAff! Truly excellent video editing. Sometime, if you don't mind, I'm going to PM you for some advice at getting started. I have many (various content; for instance, Southern Right whales) hours of raw (ie, copied straight from either DV tapes from my camcorder, or files from my DVD recorder) video crying out for editing, and have NEVER really got a grasp on it, going way back to MovieMaker on Windows XP.

But, do you use an [expensive] proprietary video editing program, or just something included in Windows (or Mac, which I know nothing of), to ply your craft?

Anyway, job very well done, and GO SEAHAWKS! :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Brilliant job!

Thank you for posting these clips. You certainly are 1BadAff! . We all here appreciate the immense amount of work these both took, and are lucky to have them here.

Am excited to see these guys play.

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":pgm7dshv said:
Welcome, 1BadAff! Truly excellent video editing. Sometime, if you don't mind, I'm going to PM you for some advice at getting started. I have many (various content; for instance, Southern Right whales) hours of raw (ie, copied straight from either DV tapes from my camcorder, or files from my DVD recorder) video crying out for editing, and have NEVER really got a grasp on it, going way back to MovieMaker on Windows XP.

But, do you use an [expensive] proprietary video editing program, or just something included in Windows (or Mac, which I know nothing of), to ply your craft?

Anyway, job very well done, and GO SEAHAWKS! :D

I crave footage. Hd footage especially. And please give me any and all advice. I'd appreciate it.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":teltqbui said:
Brilliant job!

Thank you for posting these clips. You certainly are 1BadAff! . We all here appreciate the immense amount of work these both took, and are lucky to have them here.

Am excited to see these guys play.
It's truly an honor.

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jjbliji said:
VERY cool, thx for sharing. Solid stuff. Welcome to the page :irishdrinkers:

Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Awesome videos!!

Really terrific footage you found, for each draft choice, that shows exactly WHY the Seahawks drafted each of them. Watching Colby Parkinson abuse DBs on back shoulder throws--priceless! Watching Lewis block, both destroying multiple defenders on a play in the run game, and stuffing top college pass rushers in (Senior Bowl?) drills--and they said he couldn't pass block? DJ Dallas, what a nice overall fit in the RB room, runs between the tackles, catches, thinks like a QB (even takes direct snaps), pass blocks, knows where to be to make screens work, so smart at using his blockers, I think this kid will be a pleasant surprise. The two edge rushers, Darrell Taylor, and the guy from Syracuse with the up-and-under move, the Syracuse guy, for some reason Chris Clemons came to mind. The 6th round slot receiver, can Doug Baldwin lightning strike twice in a decade? I liked his *toughness*, that came out in his video. And Stephen Sullivan, that is my all-time favorite draft call, and if he makes the team... can you imagine a Red Zone WR lineup with DK Metcalf, Colby Parkinson, and Stephen Sullivan, for the opponents to have to defend all of them on the same play? Russell has 3 choices for a jump ball likely win.

Thanks man, your videos got me excited to see each of the rooks in Seahawks gear. How are you coming with the 2020 Seahawks UDFA videos? Release date? Kidding, of course ;-)

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
olyfan63":1atwvwlh said:
Awesome videos!!

Really terrific footage you found, for each draft choice, that shows exactly WHY the Seahawks drafted each of them. Watching Colby Parkinson abuse DBs on back shoulder throws--priceless! Watching Lewis block, both destroying multiple defenders on a play in the run game, and stuffing top college pass rushers in (Senior Bowl?) drills--and they said he couldn't pass block? DJ Dallas, what a nice overall fit in the RB room, runs between the tackles, catches, thinks like a QB (even takes direct snaps), pass blocks, knows where to be to make screens work, so smart at using his blockers, I think this kid will be a pleasant surprise. The two edge rushers, Darrell Taylor, and the guy from Syracuse with the up-and-under move, the Syracuse guy, for some reason Chris Clemons came to mind. The 6th round slot receiver, can Doug Baldwin lightning strike twice in a decade? I liked his *toughness*, that came out in his video. And Stephen Sullivan, that is my all-time favorite draft call, and if he makes the team... can you imagine a Red Zone WR lineup with DK Metcalf, Colby Parkinson, and Stephen Sullivan, for the opponents to have to defend all of them on the same play? Russell has 3 choices for a jump ball likely win.

Thanks man, your videos got me excited to see each of the rooks in Seahawks gear. How are you coming with the 2020 Seahawks UDFA videos? Release date? Kidding, of course ;-)

First off, Thank you for taking the time to go into detail and elaborate on all of this.

I think it's really cool you came up with the Doug Baldwin comparison for Swain (Florida kid), because after watching a good amount of his footage, he really reminds me of the younger 2012 Doug Baldwin.

The guard Lewis (out of LSU) I see the most "NFL ready" out of the group, which is going to be pretty important as the RG spot is pretty vacant. I also wanted to add, sometimes offensive linemen have the tendency to take on their own assignment and that is it. Not this guy, if you watch his film he is consistently seen going through his progressions, and if nothings there he runs over and helps out a fellow linemen. A+ in my book.

Parkinson looks like he has the potential to have success against the defenses in our division. His catching frame is insane, and he always seems to use his body like a basketball player to box out the defender. He is going to need some good coaching, and coincidentally he does. He has a loaded tight-end room full of it.

Brookes' speed is going to give San Francisco FITS. They (49ers) love to have Jimmy G. Throwing those little sweep passes, and dump-offs. He will eat this up with a little experience, and confidence under his belt.

As for Taylor (DE out of Tennessee), at least right now, we really NEED him to be a home-run of a pick. I say right now because "if" Clowney decides to come back it will greatly benefit Taylor's production in that he can sit back and be coached and observe, with a little in-game rotation throughout the year. If the table does swing the other way, and Clowney does not sign... He will still be fine, but I wont be expecting large numbers this year from him.

BTW.. (to everyone) I am open ears for project ideas, I do not see this as intrusive or annoying. So please feel free to PM me or whatever. I also want to do our Free Agent Pickups (Dunbar, Irvin, Olsen, and Mayowa).

Jville

Reaction score
Nice compilation. Enjoyed your presentation.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
1BadAff":k344dy7z said:
:irishdrinkers:
Ya know?, sometimes the extraordinary goings on around us weighs heavy on our minds...This Corona Virus gig is kicking ass on our psyche, so I'll be the first to admit that I am reaching out to find all the positive Seahawk news that I can find...This post in particular (which I watched a second time today) gives me a MUCH needed Off-Season pick-me-up.
Just curious if you'd given any thought about the Free Agent signings, or the Undrafted player signings?.....I mean....The possible Doug Baldwin & Poona Ford type players that have chips on their shoulders for feeling like they've been counted out or overlooked?

OP
OP

1BadAff

Reaction score
Yes!! Definitely givin thought to this. It's something I want to look more into as it will be probably my next project. Man i love our Hawks. I LOVE that people hated this draft. It's probably the most hated draft since 2012. Time to prove em wrong.

cheese22

Reaction score
Great job on the videos showcasing the new Seahawks.
One minor thing I'd like to point out: thank you for going a different route with the music, at least in the first video. Hard rock has always seemed a little better suited for football highlights. It seems most tapes like these are backed by some obscure, shitty rap that very few have actually heard of. Keep up the great work.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
1BadAff":1p9l420r said:
Yes!! Definitely givin thought to this. It's something I want to look more into as it will be probably my next project. Man i love our Hawks. I LOVE that people hated this draft. It's probably the most hated draft since 2012. Time to prove em wrong.

Thanks again for posting these clips. I’ve watched your productions several times now. This was great stuff to watch. I suspect we will all be happily surprised by several of these picks well before the end of their Seahawks careers.

As far as hating the draft, some people here are slaves to media sites and the opinions of others, and just get their minds set on certain players as their favourites then are disappointed when that player gets picked elsewhere or the team passes over their favourite. Then without seeing their ‘favourite’ or the draft pick’ play a down they then post their critical assessments without knowing close to the amountt of information the team had on the players and all of the inside knowledge team needs and or backgrounds of the players.

There is a group think created by the sometimes unquestioning following of team oriented draft sites and their opinions. I love those sites but they are not run by NFL personnel folks who see and know stuff we and often they don’t. When those sites are negative there is a lot of negative fallout here. Don’t get me wrong I often agree with it but hopefully try to measure my critical thinking. I hear the team’s reasons and sometimes highly disagree with their decision(s). I’m a fan and have my favourites and personnel beliefs like those who have expressed their hatred for the draft, but i liked this draft, though there were a few guys I might have preferred.

Criticizing a draft before watching the player play for several seasons is always a sport, but it is the sport of an uninformed watcher. This is after all a message board and we are free to have our opinions.