Hawks @ 26th

xray

Reaction score
espn ranks the Hawks at 26th for 2020 season . They base that on both lines being suspect . Seems like a harsh ranking to me .

nrayorr

Reaction score
The media pundits are ALWAYS tough on us the beginning of the league year and they seem to always have to eat crow and readjust their evaluations later in the year. Let them say what they will, it just gives us a bigger chip on our shoulders.

nrayorr

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3vbb1ybb said:
Well, these rankings for who had the best off season. Not rankings like Power Rankings.

To me it doesn't matter what the writing is about... the writings always seem to take a negative spin on our Hawks. Remember that the pundits gave us a horrible draft grade of an F when we drafted RW. A FREAKING F!!

So, I tend to talk pieces like that with a grain of salt. I don't let it bother me anymore.

James in PA

Reaction score
Let me guess who had the best offseason? Jerry Jones? The genius owner whose team won’t even win the NFC Least, let alone sniff a Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....
That's ok, they'll likely be watching the Hawks in the playoffs again. All while sitting on their couches, again.

sutz

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2x4h1n73 said:
Jerhawk":2x4h1n73 said:
Sweet, that means we'll get the #6 overall pick in the draft!

:lol:
What that would REALLY mean is we would trade that #6 pick for a 2nd, a 4th, and 2 7th rnd picks.
Not that I believe we'll get the 6th pick, but I could live with that. :twisted:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Weren't these guys the same guys who said the team would only win 4 games 2 seasons ago?

I suspect we will find the OLine is not that shabby and I'm doubtful the team is anywhere near done adding to the DLine. The Hawks were an 11-5 team last season with a weak OLine and a weak pass rush. Things would have to fall off the cliff for the team to go from being a contender for first round playoff bye to the 26th worst team in the league.

The Hawks are always going to suck according to ESPN.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Maulbert, yes you are right the story doesn't match the OPs premise.

I still have some trouble with ESPN ranking as they have been less than reliable and are frequently biased towards eastern teams or the Cowboys. Kind of like the anti Hawks bias of Pete Prisco of CBS Sports.

KinesProf

Reaction score
xray":3v0f0hua said:
espn ranks the Hawks at 26th for 2020 season . They base that on both lines being suspect . Seems like a harsh ranking to me .

Could you be any more deceptive?

You didn't provide a link or any reference to what was being ranked.

Have a higher standard for your posts.

KinesProf

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7tedlv7t said:
Good point. They could draft a Kicker in the 1st round, and the media would be all over the Cowboy sack.....

Can knock the Cowboys for a lot of things, drafting probably isn't one of those things. The media has been right to praise their drafting, as they have been objectively very very good in recent years.

Dak, Zeke, Gallup, Pollard, T Smith, Martin, Frederick, Lawrence, J Smith, LVE, Awuzie, B Jones, Woods. They just got Ceedee Lamb and Trevon Diggs. Were proactive in getting La'el Collins as a udfa.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Some good players there for sure. Like most, I just have grown very tired of the Cowboys worship.
And what have they really done with that talent? Underachieved imo. But again, that's a solid list of players.

James in PA

Reaction score
There’s a difference between assembling a bunch of talented individual players and assembling a good team. The Cowboys suck at assembling good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maulbert":3lztdn1j said:
Power Rankings are voted on by multiple ESPN 'experts'. What you're referring to is an offseason ranking only, written and ranked by only Bill Barnwell. Don't read into it, and lay off the hyperbole.

Here is the link, because OP didn't post it, since it wouldn't fit his narrative:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/291 ... l-32-teams

The first paragraph of what Barnwell wrote:

With the NFL universe on pause, now seems like a good time to continue our big-picture look into how each organization did during the player-acquisition period of the offseason. I'm going to run through all 32 teams and rank the work they did from worst to first.

Just to support: NOT A RANKING OF PERCEIVED PERFORMANCE IN 2020. JUST A RANKING OF PERCEIVED PLAYER ACQUISITIONS THIS OFFSEASON.

OP, if you're not going to even read the first paragraph of an article which explains what the material below it is, you might as well just put the names of all the NFL teams into a random order generator and just get excited or enraged every time you hit the "randomize" button depending on where they land at.