Seahawks Sign RB Carlos Hyde

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Much better choice imo. Runs a lot harder and fits in more with the style Pete likes. Also, averaged 4.4 yards a carry. I'm guessing that they expect Penny to be on the PUP and this is a nice insurance policy if he's not back til 7 games in.

Rat

Reaction score
Wooo! Another Buckeye!

He was really good at OSU, and has had a respectable pro career. I’m excited he’s on board.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hated him as a Niner, but have always respected how hard he runs. Guys that run angry fit nicely in to Pete's plan.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hope he does well here. Good insurance policy for when Carson inevitably goes down to injury. Penny is a big question mark right now. I like the signing.

SF49r

Reaction score
Great fit, I miss Hyde. He didnt fit in SF with Shanahans zone scheme but hes a big power back that will fit perfectly with Seattles bruiser style run game. Best situation for Hyde in my opinion.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I really like this signing. I was pretty indifferent to Freeman.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Was really hoping for Freeman, he's a player that can be effective coming out of the backfield for a Wilson Dump and handle perhaps 12 to 15 carries per game. We need that type of player.

TAB420

Reaction score
The word is, he dosn't want a backup role.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
The contract, especially guaranteed $$, may give an indication of how rehab is progressing for Carson and Penny. I don't want to be that guy who reads too much into nothing, but I have wondered if Penny would be able to make it back this year.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Sun Tzu":2ovjp90i said:
The contract, especially guaranteed $$, may give an indication of how rehab is progressing for Carson and Penny. I don't want to be that guy who reads too much into nothing, but I have wondered if Penny would be able to make it back this year.
If he can not play TY, after the season try to trade him. If he can't be traded, cut him. He's a bust.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Well, I could see this working out OK. Hyde played well enough last year to convince me he's got some left.

rcaido

Reaction score
Great pickup! What's the cap situation w/ Clowney & Griffin?