Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dunbar on commish exempt list

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Dunbar on commish exempt list
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:49 am
  • Could explain the open roster spot I believe they still have?? I am assuming team may have known this was coming this week. In any case, glad to see he may get to take the field as a Seahawk.
    CentralPAHawkFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:04 am
  • GO HAWKS!!!!
    PNW
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:54 am
  • ”Insufficient evidence”

He is likely to still get suspended for some games, if Roger follows the precedent he set with Reed.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:08 am
  • CentralPAHawkFan wrote:Could explain the open roster spot I believe they still have?? I am assuming team may have known this was coming this week. In any case, glad to see he may get to take the field as a Seahawk.

I think we can assume the team has been in contact with Dunbar's lawyers, so they probably aren't surpised.

And yeah, might explain a couple of recent roster shuffles.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:25 am
  • sc85sis wrote:”Insufficient evidence”

He is likely to still get suspended for some games, if Roger follows the precedent he set with Reed.

I think the league takes a different approach for domestic violence allegations relative to other personal conduct issues, so I don't think the Jarran Reed situation is necessarily a good baseline for what could happen.

He could still see a suspension of some kind but hoping he won't get anything close to 6 games.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:37 am
  • A-Dog wrote:
    sc85sis wrote:”Insufficient evidence”

I think the league takes a different approach for domestic violence allegations relative to other personal conduct issues, so I don't think the Jarran Reed situation is necessarily a good baseline for what could happen.

He could still see a suspension of some kind but hoping he won't get anything close to 6 games.

True, but carrying guns in 'dicey' situations like a poker party is gonna get some action, almost guaranteed, I would think.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:44 am
  • sutz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:

True, but carrying guns in 'dicey' situations like a poker party is gonna get some action, almost guaranteed, I would think.

I could be wrong but I dpn't think anyone claimed at any point Dunbar had a firearm
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:06 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    sutz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:

I could be wrong but I dpn't think anyone claimed at any point Dunbar had a firearm

OK, I'm a little rusty on the details, and I know they 'changed' a couple of times. IAE, we all hope that action by the league is minimal and Dunbar gets on the field quickly.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:24 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    A-Dog wrote:

Does the NFL have any guidelines around ownership/carrying of firearms aside from abiding by any federal, state, and local laws?

And if not, did Dunbar violate any federal/state/local firearms laws?
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:28 pm
  • Baker has been charged, Dunbar not.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information