LOB 2.0?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't look now but we may very well be in the genesis of a new LOB-type building process. I'm not saying it WILL be LOB 2.0 but I'm not saying it won't be either. Sneaky Pete may be at it again.

poly1274

Reaction score
Who's going to stop the run?
Where's the pass rushers.

Who's blocking for Russ?

Jville

Reaction score
Aros":11e7k7dr said:
Don't look now but we may very well be in the genesis of a new LOB-type building process. I'm not saying it WILL be LOB 2.0 but I'm not saying it won't be either. Sneaky Pete may be at it again.

I'm not looking for a 2.0 remake. This current group will define itself as a reflection of it's own unique makeup just as the LOB did in it's time. However, I'm on board with what Pete has working for 2020.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Aros":3ruebzu9 said:
A lot depends on Dunbar in my view. I don't think we need to call them LOB or anything but Diggs-Dunbar-Griffin-Adams would be the best secondary in 2020. The Vikings have the (slightly) better safety duo but our corners would be better.

poly1274":3ruebzu9 said:
Who's going to stop the run? Where's the pass rushers. Who's blocking for Russ?
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen European swallow?

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"may very well be in the genesis of a new..." is the key to your OP.
Regardless, I appreciate the optimism and hope you're right, but we still have some pretty serious gaps to deal with. I'm hoping Russ doesn't get hurt.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":268ytivl said:
Aros":268ytivl said:
A lot depends on Dunbar in my view. I don't think we need to call them LOB or anything but Diggs-Dunbar-Griffin-Adams would be the best secondary in 2020. The Vikings have the (slightly) better safety duo but our corners would be better.

poly1274":268ytivl said:
LOL, Don't ask me how I know this, BUT, the "Airspeed" of a European Swallow, in a dive?, can reach 200 MPH.
And if you think that's silly, asking who is going to stop the run, where the pass rush is going to come from, or who's blocking for Russ is just as silly.....The Seahawks WERE AT THEIR BEST when they had a great Secondary (LOB)
Cable is no longer the Offensive Line / RB Coach.

Chawker

Reaction score
scutterhawk":26gaca22 said:
AgentDib":26gaca22 said:
Aros":26gaca22 said:

poly1274":26gaca22 said:
LOL, Don't ask me how I know this, BUT, the "Airspeed" of a European Swallow, in a dive?, can reach 200 MPH.
And if you think that's silly, asking who is going to stop the run, where the pass rush is going to come from, or who's blocking for Russ is just as silly.....The Seahawks WERE AT THEIR BEST when they had a great Secondary (LOB)
Cable is no longer the Offensive Line / RB Coach.

Oh, THATS EASY !!! The good ol bridge of death, quite fitting with all this covid19 stuff happening. Good one dibs!

Poly, I think has a valid point, the new group of guys are a vast improvement over the last few season, still doesn't make for the entire winning formula. Sure, we got Russ and a good running game, then there's Metcalf. But, if we are going to get anywhere this season our front four (without Clonwey) is one area of concern.

Tis nothing but a scratch!

Cheers

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I've always said that a good deal of success attributed to the LOB was due to the fact that we had a decent pass rush. Any NFL caliber QB will pick apart a secondary if given enough time.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I do love what they are doing bringing in talent. I am a bit worried about the lack of 1st round picks for 2 years.

That said, the best thing we can do is stop referring to the Legion of Boom as if they are coming back. Their time came and went and the best thing we can do is make this new group of folks earn their own name.

ivotuk

Reaction score
poly1274":3mhfkpli said:

Who's blocking for Russ?

Poly want quacker? Or a salty tallywhacker?

This very well could be LOB 2.0 because while he's not as big as Kam, Adams brings the Boom, and is extremely smart dissecting opposing offenses.

Kam was the backbone of the defense, and kept everyone in position, which made life easier for BWagz early on. Adams has that kind of intelligence, and whoever's opposite of Griffin, and whoever plays nickel will benefit from it. If that's Trey Flowers and Ugo Amadi, then their level of play will definitely take a step forward, and we likly won't be worrying about Quinton Dunbar.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would have signed off on the potential of this if Dunbar was here, but Flowers is a terrible DB, one of the worst in the league....so I can't sign off on LOB 2.0 until he's gone (or we see a miracle improvement over last year).

Chawker

Reaction score
ivotuk":19ycspcv said:
poly1274":19ycspcv said:

Who's blocking for Russ?

This very well could be LOB 2.0 because while he's not as big as Kam, Adams brings the Boom, and is extremely smart dissecting opposing offenses.

Kam was the backbone of the defense, and kept everyone in position, which made life easier for BWagz early on. Adams has that kind of intelligence, and whoever's opposite of Griffin, and whoever plays nickel will benefit from it. If that's Trey Flowers and Ugo Amadi, then their level of play will definitely take a step forward, and we likly won't be worrying about Quinton Dunbar.

The LOB feed on each others words, we don't know if this new guys are capable of doing this, not to mention that it takes time for them to come together before this will happen. The way you talk this has already happened. It hasn't!

The front four is where are focus should be right now otherwise our dreams will slip though our fingers once again.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chawker":2xsymqpt said:
ivotuk":2xsymqpt said:
poly1274":2xsymqpt said:

Who's blocking for Russ?

The LOB feed on each others words, we don't know if this new guys are capable of doing this, not to mention that it takes time for them to come together before this will happen. The way you talk this has already happened. It hasn't!

Not sure where you got that, but hey, run with it.

My actual intention in my post is to show where the DBS could be headed in this Defense now that they've got a cerebral SS, much like the one that we had before.

Kam was bigger, and could really lay the hits, but Jamal is better at coverage. John Clayton said Adams reminded him of Bob Sanders, a former Defensive MVP for the Colts, and a major reason that they got to, and won a Superbowl.

Problem was, Sanders was a little light in the pants, and got injured a lot. But when he was on the field, the difference in Indianapolis' defense was Night and Day. Bob Sanders made that defense go.

Jamal Adams is that kind of talent. If we can avoid the Injury Bug, I foresee this Defense jumping in to the Top 10 this year.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3gxanan8 said:
I've always said that a good deal of success attributed to the LOB was due to the fact that we had a decent pass rush. Any NFL caliber QB will pick apart a secondary if given enough time.

How many more sacks would we get if the secondary could cover an additional.5 second? Pass rush is vitally important, but the best pass rush will fail if receivers are left open. They kind of work together and I think we sometimes forget that

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
You got it norcal. It takes a team. But maybe it's fair to say our secondary is good enough to make our rush better...if we can stop the run. But we have a great linebacking crew to back up that deal. The TEAM is coming together, even though we still have some holes to fill.
I'm a lot more excited now than I was after losing to Green Bay.