Todd Gurley

xray

Reaction score
The 1st game is on the road vs Atlanta & Todd Gurley won't be easy . Gurley has run all over the Hawks since he came into the league . He has had more success against the Hawks than any other team . He is not the back he was once ,but he will be healthy and fresh for week one . This 1st game will show what kind of D-line we have .

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Their site reported Gurley performed very well vs their own defensive line in scrimmage. Said he was sharp and fast to get the edge.
"This 1st game will show what kind of D-line we have ."
It may also be very revealing about how good our secondary is. The Falcons have an impressive receiving crew and a QB who can get hot if allowed to play in rhythm.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Not saying that Gurley isn't a very good back, but how much of his previous success was him vs our D not being able to handle Sean McVey schemes ever since he took over the Rams?

Own The West

Reaction score
Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

Gurley's always been big and fast, but not quick. I don't see him getting to the holes before Bobby, Bruce, and KJ...

RCATES

Reaction score
Own The West":10o6sf6d said:
Gurley's looked good against ATL's D, which makes me optimistic about Carson/Hyde's prospects more than anything.

Gurley's always been big and fast, but not quick. I don't see him getting to the holes before Bobby, Bruce, and KJ...

3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Can't deny I'm excited to see what Gurley brings to the table for Atlanta... I remember him being a total beast at Georgia... and he did well with the Rams for a bit.

The Falcons best years were when they had the running game to compliment the receivers... so this should be fun to watch. Hope Gurley stays healthy.

Good luck on Sunday.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a battle. I think the game comes down to the wire to be honest.
Shoot, any time you go up against a ridiculous talent like Julio Jones, it's always a battle.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":3np3iyrd said:
The Hawks need to improve on run defense this season . They were ranked 22nd in that category , and that was with Clowney who is a very good run defender . Who will fill that void ?

We need the immovable wall guy inside, I also think we got away from swarm tackling, remember the days of 5 guys hitting the ball carrier.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":15l9m6ef said:
xray":15l9m6ef said:

We need the immovable wall guy inside, I also think we got away from swarm tackling, remember the days of 5 guys hitting the ball carrier.
That would get flags now ." Unnecessary tackling ".

907Hawk

Reaction score
RCATES":2wd1vnno said:
Own The West":2wd1vnno said:

3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

I know it is just one year and does not change your point which is well taken but Bobby turned 30 in june and KJ turned 31 in July with Irvin now 32 the median age would be a spry 31 not the decrepit 32. Long story short... hear's hoping they got one good run left in em.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RCATES":1yk56juh said:
Own The West":1yk56juh said:

honest this is not

Smellyman

Reaction score
In an empty stadium, the field mics will pick up Gurley's knee crunching when he runs.

RCATES

Reaction score
Smellyman":23cvzrtx said:
RCATES":23cvzrtx said:
Own The West":23cvzrtx said:

honest this is not

You must have missed KJ trailing RB's and TE's all last season. It was hard to watch.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Bobby did take a step back. He did not fall off a cliff. Those are two different things.

Also, a lot of the struggles our LBs had last year was related to the coaching staff's decision to play a lot of base defense. We're going back to a heavily nickel philosophy this year.