They Look Goooooooood....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure there are some questions on the OL and DL but overall? Man, this team looks loaded. Russ? You know all this talk about Lamar and Patrick has stoked his fire. Get ready NFL. This will be Russ' best year yet.

Jamal Adams? Holy Hell.

toffee

Reaction score
1. Run defense ain't bad statistic wise?
2. Run block , a work in progress?
3. Pass protection same or better than last season?
4. Pass defense ain't good statistically?

But defense came up good when needed on 4th down plays.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aros":10ngp7wx said:
Sure there are some questions on the OL and DL but overall? Man, this team looks loaded. Russ? You know all this talk about Lamar and Patrick has stoked his fire. Get ready NFL. This will be Russ' best year yet.

Jamal Adams? Holy Hell.

Yes they do.. really good

And Atlanta was a chic pick to do well.in this game with new additions and their 6-2 end of last season.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Today was a good day.

The offense looked good outside the 2nd quarter and Adams was all over the place

FPD

Reaction score
Aros":w8vmck44 said:

Jamal Adams? Holy Hell.

I completely agree Todd. I think the line comes together. It's gonna be a fun year!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Lots of new and moving pieces on the OL and the D in general. Today's performance bodes well as I'd expect those new pieces to play better together as things gell.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I honestly feel better about the o-line than I have in years. They'll be alright.

It's the lack of pass rush that'll give us all a stroke down the road.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We got 4 sacks today. If we can get 4 every game this year that turns into a pretty good number.
We didn't churn out big running yards, but our run game was effective.
None of receivers turned in a record setting performance, but they got the job done.
Our O line wasn't anywhere near perfect, but Russ survived to put another splendid performance in the books.
Our D line was about as expected, but did a journeyman job and each of them contributed big plays along the way. They'll get better.
I think it's really important to consider that Atlanta is a very good team.
If everyone on our team keeps up the level of play they turned in today we'll win a lot of games this year.
Again.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It’s game one. Almost never reflects reality, especially after an offseason of no preseason games.

I’m glad we won a road opener but I’m not going to make any over the top declarations.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mad Dog":lm4io4nk said:
It’s game one. Almost never reflects reality, especially after an offseason of no preseason games.

I’m glad we won a road opener but I’m not going to make any over the top declarations.

Any win on the road against a decent team is a great win, week 1 or week 16.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Atlanta's Offensive Line is full of 1st Round Picks.

Jake Matthews #6 Overall

James Carpenter #25 Overall

Alex Mack #21 Overall

Chris Lindstrom #14 Overall

Kaleb McGary #31 Overall

sutz

Reaction score
Apart from the first play of the game ( :D ) I thought it was a pretty dominant performance against a good team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chet380":24l53tge said:
37-54, 450 yds ... this HAS to be improved!

It does, but I also dont think. Its a huge deal.

Atlanta has a legit passing game and one, but only scored 18 real points. They were very mediocre in the red zone areas.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xrp721y said:
chet380":2xrp721y said:

Atlanta has a legit passing game and one, but only scored 18 real points. They were very mediocre in the red zone areas.

Combination of a good Atlanta team with legit wideouts.....and Atlanta being down big forcing them to throw it all over the field

gowazzu02

Reaction score
chet380":31ml8ztj said:

Meh thats what happens in the nfl when you go up early and then big late....Ryan got alot of garbage time yards

sutz

Reaction score
Hawkpower":g1p7442k said:
Uncle Si":g1p7442k said:
chet380":g1p7442k said:

Combination of a good Atlanta team with legit wideouts.....and Atlanta being down big forcing them to throw it all over the field
Yeah, most times when we force the other guys to chuck the ball 50+ times, 400 yds or not, it means we're in pretty good shape. If they're trying to come back from 3 scores down in the 4th Qtr, we're usually in good shape. :mrgreen:

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
chet380":1bw3v162 said:
Why?

They came in looking to be a balanced offense with Gurley and playing efficient football. We took that away, made them one-dimensional, and made them play a yards-for-time game that killed the clock and sealed our win.

We were up by 20 points with 3:45 left to play and made them use 12 plays to travel 75 yards, burning off 3:12 of that precious clock time. Sure, they scored a TD, but at that point the game was over - they just didn't have time to get the other two scores they needed.

In the first half they had 65 rushing yards. In the second half they had 7. We broke their game plan. That's a win.

In the 3rd quarter, when it still counted, we scored 14 points to their 0, and had 9:16 TOP to their 5:44. Anything after that was just cheese for the stat books, and too expensive in terms of yards/second.

450 yards was purely cosmetic.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1ybhecrf said:
We got 4 sacks today.
Sorry Appy, I would agree with you, but we only got 2 sacks today. If we were getting 4/gm, we'd be leading the league. I'd be happy with 3/gm. I think they'll come, but today was against a pretty veteran O-line. I feel like it's just gonna take some time.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2q5sjbck said:

Jamal Adams? Holy Hell.
Comparing this game to the last few years first game, especially on the road, we are light years ahead of previous teams, so ya, I feel good. Obviously some things to work on, but that's even better, as we played against a great offensive passing team, and held the score to a respectable level.

Adams was better than advertised, and absolutely worth the 2 first round picks.

I was amazed, with how little prep and contact took place prior to today, that our offense was in as good a sync as it was. That O-line can get better, and the worst offender was the rookie with some mistakes.

As for the Defensive backfield, yes, Adams looked great individually, but they aren't near LOB level of play yet. But I do think the talent is there.

RB's looked good, but I was surprised there were so few Run plays.

One negative to me, with all the hoopla in TC etc, why the heck was DeeJay Dallas inactive and wth was Homer getting so many touches? I call BS on that.