Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To all of the "Pete Ball" defenders

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: To all of the "Pete Ball" defenders
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:08 am
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:And now I present some more numbers for consideration
    Through 3 games
    Play call by down
    1st down
    2019 37 runs 48 pass
    2020 39 runs. 46 pass

2nd down
    2019. 25 runs 31 pass
    2020. 30 runs. 37 pass

3rd down
    2019. 10 runs. 26 pass
    2020 7 runs. 18 pass

And for Twisted let’s look at by QTR

1st Qtr
    2019. 20 run. 20 pass
    2020. 17 run. 22 pass

2nd Qtr
    2019. 17 run. 31 pass
    2020. 21 run. 31 pass

3rd Qtr
    2019. 14 run 19 pass
    2020. 19 run. 23 pass

4th Qtr
    2019 15 run. 27 pass
    2020. 19 run. 27 pass

So what is Pete ball and what is cooking, statistically I don’t see much difference.

Stats don't take into account specific situations. You cannot depend on them to see the real picture and this is a perfect example of that. Clearly what we are seeing is different from year's past. We aren't waiting to the 4th qtr to win the game.

Things like we run more in the second half because we are ahead and want to burn clock. Or, running less in second half because in year's past we are behind because we don't score early. So many different situations that a simple stat can't reveal.

And where is your link for these stats?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:11 am
  • I don't think arguing this issue either way is particularly interesting, as the meaning of "cooking" changes weekly and with the person making the argument. The bit about passing on 1st down - but not passing more overall - is only the most recent take on it and will be equally short lived. It carries an inconvenient corollary of needing to run more on third and fourth downs which nobody believes.

Perhaps we can all agree that "Russ cooking" means having an efficient and effective offense. Unpredictability is a key component of efficiency, as is tailoring your game plan to the opponent in question. Schotty is doing an excellent job from the booth, the OL is surpassing most expectations, and Russ has put together three excellent games to start the season.

DomeHawk wrote:We aren't waiting to the 4th qtr to win the game.

I don't see that the Hawks are taking more chances this year. We still punted on 4th down on Sunday from the same places we've punted on 4th down in previous seasons. Russ threw a few passes out of bounds rather than take a chance on a contested throw, and he also pulled it down and scrambled a couple of times when it wasn't there. Russ should have zero interceptions.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:34 am
  • Russell absolutely cooked the first half of the 2019 season to be fair - he was an MVP favourite alongside Jackson, pretty much until Lockett got that leg contusion injury in the 49er game and then they both tailed off.
    22 TDs to 1 interception after 9 games, to go with 3 rushing TDs. 8/9 games with passer rating over 100, 5 of those over 130.

It's not quite the incredible pace he's on this year (also it's a small sample size), but I think people forget we started 10-2 last year, and if not for the injuries to Carson and Penny likely win the division if not the 1 seed. What we're seeing this year is a continuation of that, with Lockett at full speed, Metcalf taking a 2nd year jump, and Wilson overall looking even more comfortable in Scotty's offense.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:35 am
  • Bringing up 2015 when we had one of the worst offensive lines in modern football history as to why this team with this personnel shouldn't throw more in early down situations is a bad argument. Saying Russ is better against man is also over simplifying the situation as cmikespinmove showed on Twitter and the advanced stats have Russ as more efficient against zone although I would argue that's an oversimplification as well.

Most of the let Russ cook crowd didn't want 50 passes a game and framing it from an extreme is intellectually dishonest. It was always more about situational play calling. The Seahawks are doing what good offenses do which is to be slight more aggressive on early downs. They wen from dead last to top 3 in that regard and it seems to be helping the offense even though you and others claimed it wouldn't.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:02 am
  • The numbers come from Pro Football Reference
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

And I wasn’t trying to say this year is just like last, just found the similarities so far to interesting. As far as specific situations go I recommend checking that site, they have detailed game splits for all of the Russ era and I think you might be surprised at what you see.

@Dome the site breaks down the splits to every situation down, down and distance, home/ away, time remaining, score differential, NFC/AFC, play type, month, day, indoors/outdoors.....you get the picture. They break it down completely. It is definitely not the offense we’ve seen during the LOB years or post Lynch years but they also have more weapons than most of those years, not to mention the expected maturation of Russ. Numbers will tell the story if you listen.

I’m loving the way the offense is playing right now, I’m more than confident Russ can “cook” all year long which one would think should make the running game deadly. Balance is the key for me, you have to be able to win games with all three phases.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Starter

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:12 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:The numbers come from Pro Football Reference
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/

And I wasn’t trying to say this year is just like last, just found the similarities so far to interesting. As far as specific situations go I recommend checking that site, they have detailed game splits for all of the Russ era and I think you might be surprised at what you see.

@Dome the site breaks down the splits to every situation down, down and distance, home/ away, time remaining, score differential, NFC/AFC, play type, month, day, indoors/outdoors.....you get the picture. They break it down completely. It is definitely not the offense we’ve seen during the LOB years or post Lynch years but they also have more weapons than most of those years, not to mention the expected maturation of Russ. Numbers will tell the story if you listen.

I’m loving the way the offense is playing right now, I’m more than confident Russ can “cook” all year long which one would think should make the running game deadly. Balance is the key for me, you have to be able to win games with all three phases.

I'm grateful for more specific numbers, rather than so many reactions to the eye-test, emotion-driven memories, etc. It's true that numbers need a context, but as more context emerges, I doubt Russ is being asked to do much more than in years past.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:14 pm
  • 3 pages talking about Pete's balls. Noice
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:27 pm
  • You do realize that Wilson has broken a TD record this year...right?

Kind of hard to say nothing changed when he literally scored more TDs in 3 games than any QB in the history of the NFL.

Did that happen last year and everyone just conveniently forgot?

It is a weird hill to die on unless you are literally not watching the games. To say this is not different is laughable.

Go ask Carson if things are different.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:29 pm
  • It's obvious it's different this year, and it was from the jump.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:12 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:I don't think arguing this issue either way is particularly interesting, as the meaning of "cooking" changes weekly and with the person making the argument. The bit about passing on 1st down - but not passing more overall - is only the most recent take on it and will be equally short lived. It carries an inconvenient corollary of needing to run more on third and fourth downs which nobody believes.

Nope. The "Let Russ Cook" argument has always been about efficiency. It is more efficient to throw on early downs, than to repeatedly run into loaded boxes. It all came to a head in the Dallas playoff game. And the movement really picked up steam afterwords.

Casual, Lehman's muddied the waters by just taking it to mean chuck it all over the yard, and abandon the run. "Pete Ball" defenders then used that as a strawman to defend the stupidity. When all along it is just about being more efficient, and maximizing your best player, and doing what is best for the team in neutral script situations.

The Seahawks would be running the ball more in the 2nd halves of these games (as they should) had the defense not been made of swiss-cheese, but the real difference is showing up early in the game. They are letting him cook, they are building 2nd half leads, and they are giving themselves the best chance to win.

AND… … …

Irrefutable, factual evidence. They are calling the game different this year on offense. And they're all the better for it.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:02 pm
  • The difference is they are not testing and looking at stuff for 3 quarters, they are attacking with both Run and Pass out of the gate and dictating what they are doing, just happens the Pass is getting bulk yards a lot.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:31 pm
  • I don't know about anyone else but this is the first year that I am actually happy about the offense. They are sustaining drives by converting first downs and scoring touchdown. Russ looks like he is actually controlling the offense instead of just calling whatever plays were given to him. If Pete waited this long to let Russ control the offense then he should be fired for wasting what could have been a potential dynasty.
    strohmin
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:15 pm
  • strohmin wrote:If Pete waited this long to let Russ control the offense then he should be fired for wasting what could have been a potential dynasty.

Even now when he's giving you what you want, and setting records along the way? That's ludicrous.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:18 am
  • Wait for the first sputter and the Pete ball defenders are going to be back on full force. Of course it’s intellectually dishonest but I guarantee it happens. Strangely when the offense sputtered almost every game during Pete ball era they never complained.

It’s fair to criticize Pete for waiting this long but I’m personally trying to ignore it and just be happy he did evolve and let Schott and Russ more freedom to do it their way. I didn’t think he had it in him to be honest
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:31 am
  • This year has been an anomaly. I fully expect defenses to start picking up the pace a bit and slow down the torrent of offense we've seen so far this season.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:40 am
  • I agree. I do think Seattle sticks with throwing more on early downs than at any point in Pete's history. It's a switch that should of happened much sooner.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:56 am
  • Not being stuck in 2nd and 8 over and over again is huge. I love seeing them throw on 1st down more. Get 6-8 yards on 1st down and you have some really good options on 2nd and short.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 am
  • Pete Ball is a fallback position. Its what you do when you have a above average D, a good ground game AND a mid tier or young QB that are prone to mistakes. Year 1 and 2 of Russ's career that might have been the case. By year three, Russ showed he knew how to take care of the ball and the offense should have begun to be built around him. It has cost us in NFC seeding and Playoff performance.

After year 3 Pete ball was the wrong approach period. Once Russ showed the training wheels were unnecessary, Pete should have put him on a mountain bike at the top of whistler and said "Go Get It" (metaphorically speaking of course). Better late than never I suppose. Russ has a bunch of years ahead of him and will make the most of them.

Look at the browns this year. They have a QB prone to mistakes so they have reverted to a run heavy Offense and it is working out thus far.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:26 am

• Brett breaks it down perfect.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 am
  • Anyone else ready to move on from hearing the team "let Russ cook" at this point?
    Just let Russ be Russ...…….
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:46 am
  • Hawker,

It would be nice if it was a fallback. But it likely is just that Pete is a very successful coach. PeteBall worked, for years. A series of rule changes over the years have changed the risk of the pass and the benefits. It makes sense to pass more. The analytics say this. Per possession, you contribute more to total score for each pass than you do run.

But for a coach, you know it is easier to run than pass. Easier on your offensive line by far. You also know that limiting opposing offensive possessions limits scores on your defense since score per drive totals reduce if you allow less drives. And it worked for you for years. Successful coaches are only going to change away from this approach grudgingly.

There is one coach that will change without being forced to. He actually changes depending on the opponent. That is Bill. And it is a key reason he is the greatest coach in the NFL by a wide margin, and one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, in history. Pete is not even close to Bill as a HC (though ironically, he is very Bill-like in how he finds and develops talent).

Let Russ Cook is a product of our struggling defense. Pete saw what we all saw last year. You need roughly 28 pts per game to win. More against the better scoring teams. So he unleashed his offense earlier. We saw that last year. Now he fully made the change because he had to.

Successful coaches do not change until they are forced to. Pete was forced to. As long as our defense struggles you can assume Wilson will get the green light.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:44 pm

Pete knows what's up.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:28 am
  • Fade wrote:
    Pete knows what's up.

If we don't start running it and running it well, we're done. If that wasn't incredibly apparent after watching football this past Sunday, I dunno what to tell ya. 0 first downs converted in a football game. Some of the ugliest offensive football we've seen in I dunno how long. And you're celebrating. And I'm the troll. Got it.
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:43 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Pete knows what's up.

If we don't start running it and running it well, we're done. If that wasn't incredibly apparent after watching football this past Sunday, I dunno what to tell ya. 0 first downs converted in a football game. Some of the ugliest offensive football we've seen in I dunno how long. And you're celebrating. And I'm the troll. Got it.

I get what your saying Tical..
    When is Seahawks football pretty?The SB is about the only flawless game
    in my mind.
    Most of the time it's ugly one way or other and either side of the coin is going to
    b!@ch.
    0 first downs and a win?Only Pete can manage that :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 pm
  • HawkerD wrote:Pete Ball is a fallback position. Its what you do when you have a above average D, a good ground game AND a mid tier or young QB that are prone to mistakes. Year 1 and 2 of Russ's career that might have been the case. By year three, Russ showed he knew how to take care of the ball and the offense should have begun to be built around him. It has cost us in NFC seeding and Playoff performance.

After year 3 Pete ball was the wrong approach period. Once Russ showed the training wheels were unnecessary, Pete should have put him on a mountain bike at the top of whistler and said "Go Get It" (metaphorically speaking of course). Better late than never I suppose. Russ has a bunch of years ahead of him and will make the most of them.

Look at the browns this year. They have a QB prone to mistakes so they have reverted to a run heavy Offense and it is working out thus far.

Pete's talked about "Pete Ball." He said it's not just stubbornly running all the time, it's about trying to find the right balance between running and passing as to be a completely balanced team, and not leaning towards a one dimensional too much running, or too much passing offense.

Which makes it easier to defend when an offense is too one dimensional.

I'm obviously fine with how the offense looks, it's looks great. But make no mistake, as the weather turns nasty and we start playing our division opponents who know how to frustrate and contain Russell, we will need that run game, just as much as we need Russell to throw the ball well.

Green Bay is the poster child for relying too much on their QB to win. Yep, it's successful in first halves of seasons, but not so much when you need to score 40 pts a game in the playoffs to have a chance to win. For years that was McCarthy and Rodger's downfall. Every year we heard how amazing Rodgers was as he was passing for a bazillion yards and TD's all over the place..........and every year they'd crash and burn in the playoffs.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:15 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Pete knows what's up.

You do realize that was Pete Ball in the 1st half right? (Run everyone deep, no outlets or intermediate throws, the QB has no where to go with the ball and gets sacked.) That was bad playcalling pure and simple, as the Vikings were selling out to take away the deep ball.

The Seahawks were trying to stay vanilla, as they have a bunch of division games coming up, they didn't want to show their hand to much in this game.

They will be fine. They are not going to abandon the run. They are now balanced and the most explosive offense in the NFL.

I can't wait to see what this thing looks like when Penny is added, and Josh Gordon plays his couple of games before being suspended again. 8)
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 pm

• More insight on what changed in the 2nd half playcalling and tempo wise for those interested.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Pete knows what's up.

You do realize that was Pete Ball in the 1st half right? (Run everyone deep, no outlets or intermediate throws, the QB has no where to go with the ball and gets sacked.) That was bad playcalling pure and simple, as the Vikings were selling out to take away the deep ball.

The Seahawks were trying to stay vanilla, as they have a bunch of division games coming up, they didn't want to show their hand to much in this game.

They will be fine. They are not going to abandon the run. They are now balanced and the most explosive offense in the NFL.

I can't wait to see what this thing looks like when Penny is added, and Josh Gordon plays his couple of games before being suspended again. 8)

On last part I couldn't agree with you more.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm
  • So we have only played one top 5 offense son far this year.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:50 pm
  • I dont even care as long as they entertain me Im good... but for the sake of argument The hawks O line is playing much better then they have for a long long time. the Hawks wide receivers are probably the best in the league both these factors were not true a couple of years ago... so yeah that has a huge impact throwing on early downs... Now Im sure someone is going to throw a bunch of misleading stats at me to prove Im wrong... Ok... what ever... last year it was fire schotty and Carroll because they dont use Wilson effectively but if I remember correctly it wasnt the passing game that bumped us out of the playoffs last year it was the fact that we didn't have a healthy running back... Balance is the key to a great offense and taking advantage of match ups...

LTH
    LTH
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:43 pm
  • Hmm, I'm not sure Pete Ball and Cookin' Russ are or need to be mutually exclusive.

Now that Pete has softened his iron grip (or, 'Because I'm the coach and I said so') and let Russell be more...Russ, there is an opportunity to actually combine their styles and flourish. When does the student become the master?

You can run the ball when it calls for it. Carson, who apparently discovered Stickum(c) finally, and IF he can stay healthy has the potential to have a bust out season. You use the running game when it makes sense - SITUATIONALLY - either within the game or or depending on your opponent's defense beforehand. Not as a pregame template of 'we're gonna run it up the gut and play smash-mouth football' to establish the run and then incomplete pass on 3rd and mid-to-long then punt until the 4th qtr regardless because That's our Style. i mean, really, an NFL team scoring ZERO points in the first half at home is inexcusable. I don't care if it was raining (in Seattle?!?!)

You want to come into a game with a well researched and thought out game plan, but if it's not working...it's not working.

Hopefully the Vikings game was the WTF game every NFL team has every year. Clearly the Hawks were out-schemed/out coached and, once again, saved by the Russ miracle.

An open mind is always a good thing. It doesn't have to be Pete v Russ. How about Pete n Russ...so happy togetherrrr.

(Also Pete needs to leave the offense alone and focus on D. Which. Is. Terrible.)
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:11 pm
  • AubHawk71 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure Pete Ball and Cookin' Russ are or need to be mutually exclusive.

Now that Pete has softened his iron grip (or, 'Because I'm the coach and I said so') and let Russell be more...Russ, there is an opportunity to actually combine their styles and flourish. When does the student become the master?

You can run the ball when it calls for it. Carson, who apparently discovered Stickum(c) finally, and IF he can stay healthy has the potential to have a bust out season. You use the running game when it makes sense - SITUATIONALLY - either within the game or or depending on your opponent's defense beforehand. Not as a pregame template of 'we're gonna run it up the gut and play smash-mouth football' to establish the run and then incomplete pass on 3rd and mid-to-long then punt until the 4th qtr regardless because That's our Style. i mean, really, an NFL team scoring ZERO points in the first half at home is inexcusable. I don't care if it was raining (in Seattle?!?!)

You want to come into a game with a well researched and thought out game plan, but if it's not working...it's not working.

Hopefully the Vikings game was the WTF game every NFL team has every year. Clearly the Hawks were out-schemed/out coached and, once again, saved by the Russ miracle.

An open mind is always a good thing. It doesn't have to be Pete v Russ. How about Pete n Russ...so happy togetherrrr.

(Also Pete needs to leave the offense alone and focus on D. Which. Is. Terrible.)

How do you explain the total lack of fumbles during the 2018 season?

I'm guessing he just forgot about stickum last year.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Starter

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 pm
  • Well said^^^
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    AubHawk71 wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure Pete Ball and Cookin' Russ are or need to be mutually exclusive.

How do you explain the total lack of fumbles during the 2018 season?

I'm guessing he just forgot about stickum last year.

Until I get a paycheck from the Seahawks I don't have to explain anything. These are merely my opinions.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:59 pm
  • Any fumble is bad, but Carson's 7 fumbles in 2019 is just disgusting with some of them coming in absolutely crushing game situations. Over the past 10 years, only 14 running backs have fumbled more than 5 times in a season, so there's no escaping the fact that fumbling 7 times is historically bad...

https://www.ffastronauts.com/post/fumbling-chris-carson

Sorry your boss s*** on your head this week, but that's not my problem.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:00 pm
  • The COOLEST story.
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:48 pm
  • I didn’t read the whole thread, I’m just gunna say this.

I get just as frustrated as anyone but.....

I also recognize that we’ve had more success under the current administration than any other in the history of the team.

For that there is absolutely no argument.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:20 am
  • It's weird to me some are watching this and hating it and just waiting for the first sign of failure so they can say they were right. Seattle has become much more efficient on early downs which is a good thing. They still run the football and will continue to. No one wants us to quit running or suck at it. This whole let Russ cook was actually the opposite but being less predictable, passing more on early downs you set yourself up to run more efficiently. There is a reason almost all elite offenses have switched to this. Baltimore is a bad comparison because no one has the pieces to pull that off and even that offense is in major trouble when it gets down.

Quit hoping you'll be right or waiting for the first sign of offensive struggle. Why not just enjoy what the offense is going as a fan. Penny is going to be a spark if he's right and Carson is still a monster who will probably get slightly more usage as the year goes on. The offense is finding itself, utilizing it's best player the most efficient way possible and can still be a very balanced, run focused offense. Enjoy it.
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 am
  • This x1000. You basically just described a LOT of "12s"
    Can't just take the time to enjoy winning. And when they do lose, and they will lose some games, they pump their chests out and tell us they told us blah blah blah.
    Strange to say the least, but it's flat out going to happen. Shoot, people whine and moan after WINS every week.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:This x1000. You basically just described a LOT of "12s"
    Can't just take the time to enjoy winning. And when they do lose, and they will lose some games, they pump their chests out and tell us they told us blah blah blah.
    Strange to say the least, but it's flat out going to happen. Shoot, people whine and moan after WINS every week.

I blame the rain.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:49 pm
  • Nunya wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:This x1000. You basically just described a LOT of "12s"

I blame the rain.

Hockey Guy
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:40 am
  • Nice ^
    I thought it said "Blame it on Lorraine" for the longest time.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 am
  • austinslater25 wrote:It's weird to me some are watching this and hating it and just waiting for the first sign of failure so they can say they were right. .

The truly bizarre aspect of all this is that some of these whiny haters can't even wait for a loss to spew their ugly bile. That 5-0 is inadequate because some games were close. I'm fine with close games.
    Tusc2000
    NET Starter

Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:51 am
  • Embrace the ugly :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:18 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Wenhawk wrote:Florio said he heard Russ demanded this change or he may have been on his way out.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-russell ... 52625.html

It has been established Florio is a Click bait guy and will say anything, he doesn't like Seattle and would love to stir the Pit here and see infighting, he has leaked so called stories before that were false.

Well Jake Heaps who is close to Russ has all but confirmed it.

Saying they run to force man is oversimplying it. Russ isn’t throwing 50 times a game and no one is asking for that. People wanted them to be a little less predictable and throw slightly more on early downs and while some in here ridiculed that they were obviously wrong and can’t seem to admit it. Being slightly more aggressive early on downs and in games has been huge. Instead of hating every game because they’re not following your idea of what they should do sit back and enjoy it. The offense is playing better by not forcing the run game and being a little more creative. They will have games where running a ton is the right move as well.

Why not just sit back and enjoy that the offense is playing well?
    austinslater25
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information