New England Pass Defense is pretty good

toffee

Reaction score
May be the game to kick the tires on Dallas?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Vegas currently has the game at Seattle minus four (-4). I believe that the Hawks win but I don't see them winning by five points. They may but if I were betting the game I'd take the points.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":589xwcy3 said:
Pete loves playing NE. It will be a fun game.

:rumble:
LOL thats a true statement!!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
I have never been a throw the ball all over the place, but hoped to be more adaptive week to week. In the past beating the head against the wall for 3 qtrs was mind numbing and the definition of insanity.

These first two weeks can test how adaptive they may be finally trying to be.

pass last week against a weak Falcon secondary and try to run right at the Patriots this week. Mixing it up and adapting as game ebbs and flows.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
This isn't the peak Brady pats, they have nothing on offense.

Mick063

Reaction score
Just use the Forty Niner game plan. Remember that defense of a year ago?

Stack the box and force Jimmy G...err...I mean Cam to beat you with his arm. Bobby Wagner and Jamal Adams. I think we have the tackling machines to make this happen. Gap discipline baby.

Seattle just faced Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley and that dynamic duo got most of their padded stats when down by two scores. I'm not fearing the Patriot wideouts nearly as much. If for any other reason than the amount of continuity that Matt Ryan has had with his group compared to how long Cam has been practicing with his new Patriot receivers in the shortened off season. Let's find out just how much chemistry Cam has developed with his receivers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete knows a solid running game on Sunday night is key. He will do what it takes to get the W. Against the Falcons, heavy on the pass game was called for, and worked. It likely will be heavier on the run game, and this team can pound the rock.

xray

Reaction score
Belichick's defenses usually force an opponent to play an offense that he wants , His pass D will have the Hawks running
much more this week .

mistaowen

Reaction score
Gilmore will be 100% shadowing DK and Belichick will be doubling Lockett, forcing someone else to step up. I don't think he will let Cam do much either, expecting a very run heavy, ball controlled game plan from them.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think stifling the Miami passing attack is a much different task than stifling the Seattle passing attack. We're pretty good on the ground too. No way they can do both. A strong balanced attack, which NE appears not to have, will prevail (barring a major covid outbreak in our bubble), and by more than 5 points.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If Gilmore's following DK around, who's watching our TEs?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I expect to see NE run the ball in the closest thing to the Flying-V since it was legal.

They are going to shove as many OL as they can on the field to both move the ball on our weak run D and keep the ball from Wilson. All the more reason to throw the ball, because we won't get many chances. We have to score when we do.

You never know with Bill though. He is leagues better than Pete as a coach (not an insult, he is leagues better than every coach.) He specifically looks to do whatever it is that the other team is terrible at stopping. We have no pass rush and a suspect run defense so I imagine he exploits both of those. Long passes and lots of running the ball means we will be playing the closest thing to Pete Ball imaginable.

The most important thing is that we use Wilson to the best of his ability. W or L you should ride your best horse. The objective is do what you do best to be in sync for the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, this game is bad news for the let Russ cook crowd, pass D is NE's strength. The Pats lost what, 2-3 of their front seven with Covid opt outs?

So this is the game to ram it down their throats with Carson and Hyde and take shots on play action.

I never count out a Belichick coached team, he gets more out of nothing than any coach in NFL history, but we've always handled Newton, so barring crazy turnoevers this is a game we should win by 10 or more.