Bill Belichick

pmedic920

Reaction score
tersal":y877j10v said:
From the most successful coach of our era!

https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belichick ... ell-wilson

Your thoughts team?

Link took me to add/sign up for NFL GAMEPASS.
41d8f84596334dd06dea3cdaf3413f26.jpg

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
You gotta watch his interviews with the media.

The guy is hilarious.

He delivers one word responses like Marshawn does.

If you watch how he speaks about Carroll, Wilson and the Seahawks, he thinks very highly of the Seahawks and have a ton of respect of this program.

I’m probably one of the few here that likes Belichick.

I can see why people don’t like him but the guy is who he is.

I like him.

Total opposite of Carroll but I like him and Carroll.

Polar opposites but both know how to win and lead their teams their own way.

Gotta respect that.

Gonna be another great Seahawks Patriots nail biter game on Sunday Night Football!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Belichick also compliments Sam Darnold and Ryan Fitzpatrick before playing them, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

He does what Pete and every other successful coach does, never says anything that would ever be construed as bulletin board material. He compliments.

Not that he doesn't believe what he said about Russell, but this has always been Belichick's M/O, kill them with kindness and compliments, which motivated his own players.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rt2bgys said:
Belichick also compliments Sam Darnold and Ryan Fitzpatrick before playing them, so take what he says with a grain of salt.

Exactly.

he glowingly talked about the Browns last year.

evergreen

Reaction score
Could he be dissing Tom?!!! Or messing with Cam? He’s working his on QB... if he was a senator he’d be Mitch McConnel...

D

DomeHawk

I look at Belichick simply in terms of his football acumen. I remember reading an article with a former Patriot's player stating that in practice Belichick would go from position group to position group and take over the group. In almost every instance he was better than the group's coach the player recalled. This guy knows football.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I can't think of any coach in my lifetime I'd rank higher than Belichick to "coach 'em up". He has the fundamentals locked down tight.
He also has a great sense of humor, although I'm not sure it's intentional. Example his recent interview answering the question about what it feels like to play a game without fans in the stands. He stared at them for a few moments, then said "practice."

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1o4jjijd said:
I look at Belichick simply in terms of his football acumen. I remember reading an article with a former Patriot's player stating that in practice Belichick would go from position group to position group and take over the group. In almost every instance he was better than the group's coach the player recalled. This guy knows football.
His father was a scout for the Navy football team, taught Bill about the history of football, and how to break down film at around age 12. He's reputed to have the largest library of football books in the world, and can speak at length about all the early NFL coaches and the history of all offensive and defensive systems. He went to Philips Andover Academy, college at Wesleyan, and spent years living at Annapolis. He also started in the NFL as basically a ball boy earning $25/week for the Colts or Lions and worked his way up during a time when competition was more brutal than today.

He's basically got the only PhD in all matters NFL, from running a franchise, to Cover 2, to how to deal with players and media, to how to plant your hand in the dirt.

He's got 2 rings from his days as the genius DC with the Giants, 6 more as HC with NE, and probably 6 other years where he lost the SB or AFCC by a whisker. It's astounding.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Although I am a huge fan of what Pete has done with the Seahawks...

I find myself daydreaming about what it would have been like to have that Patriots head coach instead.

Would we have a bunch more rings? Would Wilson already be in the GOAT conversation? Is Wilson as good or better than Tom Brady? What does BB think about all this? Wish it were possible to get an answer.

Hope Wilson and Pete pull off a few more Super Bowl wins and make me forget about these daydreams!

Latest posts