Jordyn Brooks getting the start

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I hope that doesn't turn out to be bold at all Hag. With extended playing time Brooks should get lots off opportunities for tackles, and his speed would enable potential for TFL. I hope his speed produces some QB pressure as well, and maybe even a sack. An INT would be blue chip production. Doesn't hurt a thing to hope. :)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
If he gets several solid tackles on Zeke before 2-3 yards, I'll be thrilled.

toffee

Reaction score
Please call me a homer, I am looking forward to him and Collier contribute noticeably in this game.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

The Breh

Reaction score
Collier, Brooks and Robinson.
I'm really looking forward to see what we've got from them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Breh":2w6aougy said:

Ditto! There's some talent in that group, and with some seasoning, they will show their stuff.

toffee

Reaction score
The Breh":qmnqpxat said:
It may take couple of games to get them going, new guys without preseason. But hey, not like there are jobless super star FA for picking ya know ...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Too bad Darrell Taylor isn't in there yet. That s a lot of youth, but also a lot of energy!

toffee

Reaction score
We have to pray that our offense can carry the defense while our youngster get use to game speed. I think Collier is improving, he did stop Superman and save the game didn't he? Talk about accidental hero lol.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I think Jordyn will be a good player, but I we need to be patient. I think playing Dallas will amp up Brooks and LJ Collier. Hopefully, he plays within the system and does not try to do to much.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bare in mind that Dallas historically has had one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL. We did not look good against them in that last meeting.

Mick063

Reaction score
The only first round picks that should sit during a rookie season are Quarterbacks and Left Tackles. The left tackles only because your most expensive player's blindside is in their hands.

Note: there is a subtle distinction between the terms "sitting" and "not starting". I don't even know if the term "starting" is relevant anymore with all of the situation specific packages and rotations. To me, "sitting" means that the only package you belong to is kickoff coverage. I don't want my first round pick to exclusively be a kickoff coverage guy, although that is a level higher than healthy scratch.

I would expect Brooks to be in the starting rotation by mid season or would otherwise consider him a disappointment. Collier of last year is an example of that. First round picks should not be healthy scratches. You make room for talent. You even move other position players around to make that room.

Additionally, I don't put this on the players. The folks that manage the draft are reaching if they can't get a healthy first rounder that can significantly contribute in their rookie season. You can get your freak athletic projects and injury comebacks in the second round but first rounders need to be on the field, making a difference.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I just hope we hear his name called Sunday. So far he hasent done anything.

kf3339

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3231m49h said:
Bare in mind that Dallas historically has had one of the best Offensive Lines in the NFL. We did not look good against them in that last meeting.

Their O-line this year isn't the same unit. That doesn't mean they will look bad against us, but I wouldn't compare this line to years past. They look only average, or a little above average right now.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I expect Jordyn to be looking to make his mark so he'll probably be caught out of position a time or two. Just hope that it won't hurt us too much.

I'm also guessing that Kellen Moore has plays designed to expose either the WILL or the SAM, depending on what position Jordyn is playing.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Mick063":14bcmlpj said:
Additionally, I don't put this on the players. The folks that manage the draft are reaching if they can't get a healthy first rounder that can significantly contribute in their rookie season.

Yeah, how incompetent of front office people who can't predict a bad ankle sprain at the start of training camp! Fire 'em all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Brooks needs to have the game of his life, because Irvin's out, Green had a setback and now Mayowa's a game time decision.

I assume Robinson's going to be activated tomorrow as well? Yikes, this is getting bad.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Game speed and all that. There is definitely something to that. BUT there is also something to having all your practice reps going against one of the best offences in the league and some of the best offensive players in the league at all skill positions. Our young guys have already faced, on a daily basis, about as much speed as they will ever see in a game so I think they'll handle that part pretty well. It's talent level with experience across the board that will give them the most trouble. We just need our rooks to play to THEIR talent level and they'll do just fine. :179422: