oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Russ appeared to have an off game. He wasn’t as sharp as the first two weeks. His elusiveness wasn’t his typical self. But...even an off Russell Wilson throws for over 300 yards and 5 TDS!

Rat

Reaction score
He's incredible, but I don't like that we're in a position where he HAS to do this every week. Injuries are already obliterating this defense, and it's only week 3.

John63

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":251ayj5y said:
Russ appeared to have an off game. He wasn’t as sharp as the first two weeks. His elusiveness wasn’t his typical self. But...even an off Russell Wilson throws for over 300 yards and 5 TDS!

Amazing one of the best games by a qb of the week and people still feel the need to snark about it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
John63":3vc515su said:
oldhawkfan":3vc515su said:

Amazing one of the best games by a qb of the week and people still feel the need to snark about it.
I just got off the phone with my brother and he said the exact same thing. :laugh:
No, matter I will take that “off” game.
Russ also set a franchise record in being the first and only Seahawk QB to throw 5 TDs in consecutive games.
MVP!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
John63":26jclwn0 said:
oldhawkfan":26jclwn0 said:

It's not snark - there were several throws that were not on target, and before you get your knickers in a twist, it's noticeable because it's different to his norm this season, which has been excellent if not robotically perfect.

Your takeaway shouldn't be that someone pointed out a flaw in an otherwise great performance, but that even with a flawed performance, he still had a stellar day and phenomenal start to the season. He's got 14 TDs in 3 games to only one interception, which was Olsen's fault, and even that went for a TD (this last bit is called "humour").

Rat

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2u4xtjfk said:
Your takeaway shouldn't be that someone pointed out a flaw in an otherwise great performance, but that even with a flawed performance, he still had a stellar day and phenomenal start to the season. He's got 14 TDs in 3 games to only one interception, which was Olsen's fault, and even that went for a TD (this last bit is called "humour").

Yep, the fact that this can even be called an off game is a testament to how great he is.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":38h2ri0o said:
KiwiHawk":38h2ri0o said:

Yep, the fact that this can even be called an off game is a testament to how great he is.

Thats the point it should not be considered and off game. Some people's expectations for Wilson are unrealsitic.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We're very fortunate to have #3 under center for us. He's off to an amazing start. We'll see how far he can carry this squad.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3529ms7u said:
Rat":3529ms7u said:
KiwiHawk":3529ms7u said:

Thats the point it should not be considered and off game. Some people's expectations for Wilson are unrealsitic.

Better players are held to higher standards. It's why Lebron gets criticism for his finals record even though leading a team to the finals for the 10th time is insane.

I don't know how anyone can consider the talk around him after that game negative though. At worst, it's just slightly less overwhelmingly positive than usual.

rcaido

Reaction score
Rat":j9olivwx said:
John63":j9olivwx said:
Rat":j9olivwx said:
KiwiHawk":j9olivwx said:

Better players are held to higher standards. It's why Lebron gets criticism for his finals record even though leading a team to the finals for the 10th time is insane.

5tds including game winning drive 300+yards no int. how is that even close to an off game. This would be a dream game for most nfl players.

Rat

Reaction score
rcaido":22pqvep1 said:
Rat":22pqvep1 said:
John63":22pqvep1 said:
Rat":22pqvep1 said:

5tds including game winning drive 300+yards no int. how is that even close to an off game. This would be a dream game for most nfl players.

I don't know, that John guy has a bat signal for any time Russ might not be getting thoroughly respected.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":3d3pp62m said:
Rat":3d3pp62m said:
John63":3d3pp62m said:
Rat":3d3pp62m said:

It was an off game for HIM. He was off on at least three shorter throws that he normally hits that ended up as incompletions. What's so wrong with saying he wasn't perfect?

John63

Reaction score
rcaido":1n52ktpv said:
Rat":1n52ktpv said:
John63":1n52ktpv said:
Rat":1n52ktpv said:

Not to some here.

John63

Reaction score
Rat":2kaus9dr said:
rcaido":2kaus9dr said:
Rat":2kaus9dr said:
John63":2kaus9dr said:

I don't know, that John guy has a bat signal for any time Russ might not be getting thoroughly respected.

Hate to bust your bubble its not just Wilson. Some here have a bat signal for any excuse to diss or down play him and others.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Are some influenced by Akeman's remarks during the game. He was (as usual) very picky regarding Wilson's throws while he seemed effusive over Prescott. For example, just because Troy says the pass was lower than it could have been doesn't mean that Russ didn't throw just there on purpose.
I think sometimes we are influenced by the announcers, good and bad.
BTW, as soon as I saw Joe Buck and Akeman I groaned. My least favorite pair doing Seahawk games.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":11g80fuy said:
oldhawkfan":11g80fuy said:

THIS^^^ He set a new NFL record.....I want to enjoy a tough win, AND I fully intend to...Tired of the Yeah But, Yeah But , Yeah But whiners who just can't seem to enjoy life....Week after week??, Sometimes this Crap is tiresome.

John63

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ncm03ed said:
rcaido":2ncm03ed said:
Rat":2ncm03ed said:
John63":2ncm03ed said:

It was an off game for HIM. He was off on at least three shorter throws that he normally hits that ended up as incompletions. What's so wrong with saying he wasn't perfect?

Because he has never been perfect is any game there for if that is your standard which you just eluded too then it unrealsitic and proves my point. Ehats wring with saying the truth he had a great game period. Nope we start with the negative, squeeze in a back handed gutbit was still good and back to negative.

Another way to look at he through for over 300 yards, 5 tds. 69% completion. Meanwhile our defense almost gives up the game and some would rather hard on what is a fantastic game from the qb and nit pick. And the try to justify what is actually in justifiable.

John63

Reaction score
TreeRon":388s9dw5 said:
Are some influenced by Akeman's remarks during the game. He was (as usual) very picky regarding Wilson's throws while he seemed effusive over Prescott. For example, just because Troy says the pass was lower than it could have been doesn't mean that Russ didn't throw just there on purpose.
I think sometimes we are influenced by the announcers, good and bad.
BTW, as soon as I saw Joe Buck and Akeman I groaned. My least favorite pair doing Seahawk games.

I always felt an announcer who is a former player would not be allowed to announce a game played by the team he played on.

Latest posts