Tony Gonzalez just said ....

pmedic920

Reaction score
On the Fox kick off show

Tony said,
“Tyler Lockett is the Best Route Runner in the NFL”.

I get it, it’s just his opinion but that’s a pretty big compliment coming from a respectable individual that has plenty of credibility.

Tony talked about the smaller receivers needing to be good route runners.

Any way, the statement got me fired up, I truly enjoy hearing our guys get recognized especially when it’s from people that actually know what they are talking about.

Go#16
GoHawks

D

DomeHawk

pmedic920":zlqxsnf5 said:
On the Fox kick off show

Tony said,
“Tyler Lockett is the Best Route Runner in the NFL”.

I get it, it’s just his opinion but that’s a pretty big compliment coming from a respectable individual that has plenty of credibility.

Tony talked about the smaller receivers needing to be good route runners.

Any way, the statement got me fired up, I truly enjoy hearing our guys get recognized especially when it’s from people that actually know what they are talking about.

Go#16
GoHawks

Totally with that, Tyler is just starting the to get the props he deserves.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":101jvnin said:
I was so fired up watching his rookie season that for Christmas my kids got me a signed framed #16 poster for the man-cave.

My Daughter got me a signed Rookie card.

Good kids huh.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Many likely have forgotten that we used the 4th round draft pick we gained from New Orleans in the Jimmy Graham/Max Unger trade to move up 26 spots near the top of the 3rd round of the 2015 draft to grab Tyler Lockett.

Many here didn't like that move (trading away 3 additional picks) but he sure has paid dividends so far.

Plus, he's just such a great individual... humble and respectful.

tersal

Reaction score
Tyler Lockett has the same chemistry with Russ that Doug Baldwin had. He has effectively replaced Baldwin. Great player and human being!!!

Smellyman

Reaction score
tersal":2s7ok0gk said:
Tyler Lockett has the same chemistry with Russ that Doug Baldwin had. He has effectively replaced Baldwin. Great player and human being!!!

Tyler is now the best route runner because Baldwin retired.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Great comparison tersal.
I had the misfortune to see how good Lockett is all through his college career at K St. So I knew what we were getting and he has been all that. He also has a terrific family. Just a great individual all the way around.
Shocked when he dropped that ball today. That just doesn't happen with him. He may say he'll just forget about it and move on to the next play, but I bet it eats at him enough he'll come back better than ever.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Appyhawk":356kexs1 said:
Great comparison tersal.
I had the misfortune to see how good Lockett is all through his college career at K St. So I knew what we were getting and he has been all that. He also has a terrific family. Just a great individual all the way around.
Shocked when he dropped that ball today. That just doesn't happen with him. He may say he'll just forget about it and move on to the next play, but I bet it eats at him enough he'll come back better than ever.

What a treat to see the Great Tyler Lockett in college at K-State! (In hindsight, I'm sure, not while it was happening)
I got to watch the Great Gardner Minshew (NFL greatness a work in progress, not a certainty) in his senior season at WSU, and that was special, and I knew he would be an NFL starter sooner rather than later. It's awesome to hear that Lockett showed his greatness at K-State; he is certainly lighting it up on Sundays!

That drop was so unlike Tyler. What a treat he is to watch, and I have no idea how he consistently does what he does, making defenses look helpless, but he keeps doing it, over and over again, so clearly it's Tyler's knowledge, skills, smarts, and physical abilities that make the difference. Isn't he freakin' amazing??!!