KJ Wright

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I think we take this guy for granted sometimes. Had a hell of a game today and in my mind, he was the MVP of the game. He was everywhere and he blew up a few screens like he usually does. Dropped a couple picks but overall, he was a beast. So glad he came back. He looks good and he and Bobby are so crucial to this team.

Own The West

Reaction score
KJ was all over the place today. Except for the late TD when I was yelling at him to turn around -- he just ignored me :( -- he had a ton of difference makers: two hard tackles to spark the defense, an ankle grab to blow up a screen, two pass defenses that could have been picks...

That's worth a game ball for sure.

Palpitation

Reaction score
Agree on all points made in the thread. His football IQ showed strong today.

edogg23

Reaction score
Much better game than last game for him. Still wish he would have come down with one of those balls though.

The Breh

Reaction score
edogg23":37sh4b4p said:
Still wish he would have come down with one of those balls though.
Or the one in the NFCCG last year.
Yeah. He's a linebacker. Terrible hands.
He played great today.
I think he's a ROH guy.

andyh64000

Reaction score
If he could catch he would have had 2 or 3 interceptions.

D

DomeHawk

andyh64000":2pz9yfuq said:
If he could catch he would have had 2 or 3 interceptions.

If he could catch he would have been a TE.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KJ and Bobby are in the Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher stratosphere. Those guys didn't light up the field quite so much or so consistently after 9 or 10 years either, but still, you just never could forget they were there.

Osprey

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1777dpra said:
KJ and Bobby are in the Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher stratosphere. Those guys didn't light up the field quite so much or so consistently after 9 or 10 years either, but still, you just never could forget they were there.
Love KJ, but at best he’s Carl Banks to Bobby Wagner’s LT.

Even that’s probably overstating it, Banks at least got a nod for the HOF. Unless KJ plays another 5+ yrs at this level or better, don’t see that happening for him.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":2eeiu89k said:
I think we take this guy for granted sometimes. Had a hell of a game today and in my mind, he was the MVP of the game. He was everywhere and he blew up a few screens like he usually does. Dropped a couple picks but overall, he was a beast. So glad he came back. He looks good and he and Bobby are so crucial to this team.

I'm not so sure. Covering underneath is his strength and run defense. Against big reciever sets he is a liability. I'm hella glad he played well today, but I bet you cant name a 3rd reciever on the dolphins which would make the dolphins want to sub in a package to beat his backfield play prowess. The dolphins have Preston Williams and Devante Parker, but beyond that...nothing. He is a master at teams with double te and multiple recieving rbs. Not so much against 3 and 4 wr reciever sets.

Personally I think our linebackers are a liability in coverage. Different from years besides 2019 where we were also very beatable in the middle. Teams can not only beat us in the middle with te seams, are using te seams decoy, paired with rb and reciever crossing routes which pulverize our defensive pass attack. Where any one over the middle and before they safeties can beat us. In four games this far we have not stopped anything over the middle besides a batted pass or poor pass intercepion. When a reciever comes to the middle it is a catch. Guranteed. If we cant stop that...we are screwed. If we do. It's a good defensive day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was a beast out there. When he's healthy he's a hell of a player. And his speed showed up. Shoot, if he didn't have feet for hands he would have had 3 picks. He had a good laugh about it after the game too, so I'm not insulting him at all. Just one of those games where you drop a few you had a real shot at. More importantly, he broke up the plays and was in the right position. And had some nice hits too. He still has plenty left in the tank imo.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The Breh":1nya50yj said:
edogg23":1nya50yj said:
He played great today.
I think he's a ROH guy.

He played in the NFC championship game last year? Effin traitor!

HawkerD

Reaction score
Look forward to the day KJ is coaching in the NFL. He has very high football IQ and seems like a natural leader.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Great game from KJ. I think he needed a game like this to help remind everyone (me at least) about what a fantastic contributor he has been for most of his career. Hope he can stay healthy.

themunn

Reaction score
KJ Wright for me has been the most underrated player on the Seahawks close to his entire career.

I mean, he's appreciated, but because he plays next to Wagner I don't think anyone has really give him the dues he has deserved. It seems like every year since 2015/2016 he's been listed by the fans as a likely cap casualty, but he keeps on going at least because the coaching staff and decision makers know the impact he has.

He's only 31 as well - probably has another 4-5 years of playing at a high level if he chooses so.

The Breh

Reaction score
Seanhawk":m71w6woj said:
The Breh":m71w6woj said:
edogg23":m71w6woj said:
He played great today.
I think he's a ROH guy.

He played in the NFC championship game last year? Effin traitor!
Sheesh :34853_doh:
Aye-that game sure felt like it at least. And the previous meeting.
These games this year will be :shock:

Elemas

Reaction score
He looked incredible. I take him for granted sometimes and was starting to get down on him last year.

He looks invigorated now. Maybe a great off-season? Maybe having a threat via his inevitable replacement?

Whatever the case...I know we all appreciate what he brought to the table in this last game! We'll miss this guy when he decides to hang it up. Him and B-Wags work very, very well together.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He not only looks invigorated, but he's healthy. I suspect playing thru a lot of pain last year didn't help. He's a hell of a football player and a leader.