Things missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

John63

Reaction score
I did not a see alot of the short passing game. WILSON did not run much early. Very little roll outs. Don't understand any of it. Not a good game plan today.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's called doing what your opponent doesn't expect you to do.

Belichick/Daniels are excellent as it. I consider it a huge success for Pete/Schotty to do likewise.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thought they used the short game to the tight ends more than the previous 3 weeks today.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
John63":2ufuy7rh said:
I did not a see alot of the short passing game. WILSON did not run much early. Very little roll outs. Don't understand any of it. Not a good game plan today.

Nice when we can put up 31 points and its a disappointment. This fan base sometimes. SMH.

Rat

Reaction score
Mad Dog":32473n7r said:
John63":32473n7r said:

Nice when we can put up 31 points and its a disappointment. This fan base sometimes. SMH.

:laugh: :bow:

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2ctfv3yy said:

Belichick/Daniels are excellent as it. I consider it a huge success for Pete/Schotty to do likewise.

Lolmywah have to disagree we look bad for alot of the game.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":dvm2th07 said:
John63":dvm2th07 said:

All I said was what I thought was missing. In another thread I posted what I liked

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":1grqp7ut said:
onanygivensunday":1grqp7ut said:

I dont they looked bad at all..

Wasn't as easy as the past 3 weeks.

Still put up 31 with a red zone 4 and out and an end one INT.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qvpwzugz said:
John63":qvpwzugz said:
onanygivensunday":qvpwzugz said:

3 drops 1 foe td, 2 bad passes, way to much hits and pressure. Qe looked better in 2nd half. Good side no oline penalties.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
John63":a90xr4re said:
Uncle Si":a90xr4re said:
John63":a90xr4re said:
onanygivensunday":a90xr4re said:

3 drops 1 foe td, 2 bad passes, way to much hits and pressure. Qe looked better in 2nd half. Good side no oline penalties.

So.. pretty much most games for most teams.

Plus 31 points and a relatively easy win.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
John63":11p9zo0w said:

Cool.

I'm guessing Pete, Schotty & Russ didn't consult you about this week's gameplan. What a shame.

Also, stop yelling.

olyfan63

Reaction score
John63":q1obkj6t said:
Dude, any ROAD WIN in the NFL is a GOOD WIN. The Dolphins are not a bad team. Those Phins play hard and with heart. It was a mostly excellent game plan by the Hawks, as evidenced by the outcome. I am with you on them needing to do something to slow down the rush, whether rolling Russell out more, or using screens more. I may have missed a couple plays, but don't really recall any screens. The bubble-screen-ish thing to DK that he nearly scored on doesn't count as a screen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The game was never in doubt. They put up 31, had 2 picks (could have EASILY been 5 picks) and gave up ONE touchdown in garbage time. All while in extreme heat and with a ton of injuries. Were it not for an amazing play by the Dolphins top corner and not taking the points on 4th and 3 earlier, this game isn't even close.
But yeah, let's complain about another WIN. My god this fanbase is spoiled :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3twmmffq said:
The game was never in doubt. They put up 31, had 2 picks (could have EASILY been 5 picks) and gave up ONE touchdown in garbage time. All while in extreme heat and with a ton of injuries. Were it not for an amazing play by the Dolphins top corner and not taking the points on 4th and 3 earlier, this game isn't even close.
But yeah, let's complain about another WIN. My god this fanbase is spoiled :roll:

I get the idea of looking at negatives with the perspective of playing well.

We are at that point as fans where this teams performances now deserve far more plaudits. Focusing on mild concerns or places to improve is atypical Monday morning QB stuff.

I just dont see how the team "played bad." Certainly some mistakes. But far more positives on the front end to look at imo.

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm not sure some understand this point, but there is a game plan being ran by the other team. Perhaps it's just that they were a bit more of a challenge than some thought, including myself. Personally, I felt we would win the game, but it just took a little longer to execute our plan.

Besides, Fitzpatrick is kind of a scrapper QB that can be hard to figure out at times. Some games he looks like crap, but others he actually looks good. This was a game that he looked pretty decent.

Yet, we still won!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":3b52mj5c said:
Uncle Si":3b52mj5c said:
John63":3b52mj5c said:
onanygivensunday":3b52mj5c said:

That's got nothing to do with the gameplan.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Miami has a good front seven (or as Pete says, active!), so give them credit for collapsing the pocket and taking away a lot of the crossing patterns and quick outs Russell's had success with this year.

You could tell Russell was not as comfortable in the pocket as he was the first three games.

What I saw missing was the quicker pace and some up tempo series that's been very successful, too much running the play clock down making the offense look out of sync for large parts of the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, the Dolphins played hard. I don't that team is nearly as bad as people made them out to be. And that interception in the end zone, that was a damn good play. Sometimes you gotta' just tip your cap to the opponent for playing hard and/or making plays.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Gameplan was fine. Line did its job, Carson played well, passing offense continues to impress. Seattle's offense continues on as one of, if not the, most successful in the league so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.