Russ Called His Own Plays

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1312863977400016898[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1312865299461337093[/tweet]

He should do that more often, based on the results they've had. :lol:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I've thought Schotty has been almost as hot as Russ this season and even today would have looked alot different with some dropped passes by DK and Tyler.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Too much of "everyone is covered" for me. 2nd half vs Dallas was the same way as well. It's the NFL, it happens.

Not to just bang on Schotty, everyone was sloppy today on offense, including Russ on those blitz pickups. They need to adjust next week as teams are starting to pick up on their tendencies. I invite teams to continue to blitz though, as Russ normally torches it.

The defense played well for their standards, it could've been a route had KJ been able to hold on to a couple of those 3 interceptions he should've had.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think Russ has earned the “Pey Pey” card where he calls the plays and the play call is merely a suggestion.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Fade":e8iwz1in said:
Too much of "everyone is covered" for me. 2nd half vs Dallas was the same way as well. It's the NFL, it happens.

Not to just bang on Schotty, everyone was sloppy today on offense, including Russ on those blitz pickups. They need to adjust next week as teams are starting to pick up on their tendencies. I invite teams to continue to blitz though, as Russ normally torches it.

The defense played well for their standards, it could've been a route had KJ been able to hold on to a couple of those 3 interceptions he should've had.

Still waiting on that game where both sides get rolling. Today the defense upped their game while the offense played to their 2019 standard.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’ll take 31 from the offense on a down game though. They still were aggressive on early downs(62%pass) and the running game got going. A couple of mistakes from hitting another 38-40 pts today.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
On that drive my favourite play was the long crossing route to Lockett cause Russ was totally in control of that play. Whatever Russ called in the huddle, he saw something at the line and changed the play. I trust him enough to. actually have gotten excited pre-snap when I saw Russ doing that cause I was sure he checked into a good play to beat whatever the Dolphins were doing.