Ryan Neal- best new find

seabowl

Reaction score
Dude balled out and looks like he may be a keeper.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Thank God that hey, (Prescott) gave me one. He threw me one my way, so I just went up there and made the play."

Former Merrillville coach Zac Wells was watching the Seattle game live when Neal made the biggest play of his young career, and he couldn't be more proud.

Wells said Neal has always been a playmaker, and he was thrilled to see his former athlete step up at a crucial moment for the Seahawks.

"When he was in there, he tackled (Ezekiel Elliot) on a run play, and I actually texted a couple of my buddies that, 'It's crazy when one of your former players tackles your fantasy running back,'" Wells said with a laugh. "That was kind of neat, and I didn't mind losing the points. ... And then with the game on the line, in typical, heady fashion, he secured the interception and didn't look to bring it out.

"He went down, secured it and won the game."

Throughout his career, Neal said he almost gave up on football. His faith in God and the support he received from his family and specifically his fiancee plus older brother, Mike, allowed him to keep going.

Mike Neal, a 2005 Merrillville graduate and former Green Bay linebacker, won Super Bowl XLV with the Packers in 2011. The Pirates retired Mike Neal's No. 92 jersey in 2016.

"You go through it so much and you keep getting doors shut on you, and you're just like, 'When is it going to be that day?'" Ryan Neal said. " ... Lo and behold it was (Sunday). I'm just in awe right now. I can't even put it into words. I'm just thankful."

https://www.nwitimes.com/high-school/fo ... 0b668.html