Sherman - Neal

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I remember in 2011, Sherm got his shot when injuries were mounting in the secondary. He shined immediately and we never looked back. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that we’re seeing history repeat itself with Neal. Fingers crossed!

D

DomeHawk

nIdahoSeahawk":2he47pmh said:
I remember in 2011, Sherm got his shot when injuries were mounting in the secondary. He shined immediately and we never looked back. I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that we’re seeing history repeat itself with Neal. Fingers crossed!

Neal is a great story and an even bigger long shot than Sherman coming off the practice squad. It was fun watching him expressing the joy that last week's game had left him with and now after two successful games maybe he will come down to earth and just concentrate on his game. Wish him the best.

Basis4day

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":3choz959 said:

I guess the problem is where you play him. He was starting in place of Adams.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yes, I was getting the same vibes! He's even got the dreads and the same physique it's funny.

I hope he can continue to contribute. He looks promising

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":199i0sd5 said:
Can we swap him out with Flowers when Adams returns?

They play different positions (Safety vs Cornerback) - so the scheme is different.

Having said this, Flowers WAS a Safety in College, so this may actually explain some of his struggles.

It IS painful watching Flowers drop 10 yards off the LOS in coverage though and just give away the slants all game long :(

nwHawk

Reaction score
Hawks want to run 3 safeties and disguise their packages. With that said, and with Blair out he should have plenty if opportunities to rotate in.

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3u6js0li said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1313166086762688513[/tweet]

Two weeks is not a data, but it shows he more then belongs so far.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Jerhawk":94pkjvhw said:
Yes, I was getting the same vibes! He's even got the dreads and the same physique it's funny.

I hope he can continue to contribute. He looks promising

There was even one play where he made a tackle and I was immediately reminded of Sherman by the way the tackle looked and the way he attacked as well.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Chrome_Seahawk":1igieyy8 said:
Seahawk_Dan":1igieyy8 said:

They play different positions (Safety vs Cornerback) - so the scheme is different.

Having said this, Flowers WAS a Safety in College, so this may actually explain some of his struggles.

It IS painful watching Flowers drop 10 yards off the LOS in coverage though and just give away the slants all game long :(

Indeed it is! I hazard to guess that is a result of the focus on cutting down the number of big/long plays we've been giving up by not letting them get behind coverage. My approach would be to make contact at LOS and never let them go anywhere beyond that point. Contest everything! But that kind of requires playing man instead of zone.

chris98251

Reaction score
Appyhawk":26yipopc said:
Chrome_Seahawk":26yipopc said:
Seahawk_Dan":26yipopc said:

Indeed it is! I hazard to guess that is a result of the focus on cutting down the number of big/long plays we've been giving up by not letting them get behind coverage. My approach would be to make contact at LOS and never let them go anywhere beyond that point. Contest everything! But that kind of requires playing man instead of zone.

And lots and lost of holding calls and interference.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I like the idea of an Adams and Neal Safety combo in the future. Diggs does not seem as impactful as last year, so maybe we won't re-sign him going forward???

RockinHawks

Reaction score
He's listed as a DB, but I believe he has CB experience...

Mainly a safety in college, but has played both CB, S and nickel corner with the Hawks while on the PS.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Sherman played with a chip on his shoulder...

What I have seen out of Neal is he plays angry.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sealake80":6v5gdnnp said:
Sherman played with a chip on his shoulder...

What I have seen out of Neal is he plays angry.

That can take a player a long way.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
RockinHawks":zuatmr9g said:
He's listed as a DB, but I believe he has CB experience...

Mainly a safety in college, but has played both CB, S and nickel corner with the Hawks while on the PS.