Why didn't 44 Dolphins get penalized for helmet 2 helmet?

ivotuk

Reaction score
He led with his head and smacked Chris Carson so hard he knocked him out!

They booted Quandre Diggs from a game for that!

Osprey

Reaction score
ivotuk":7sbmmt64 said:

I haven’t rewatched it, but didn’t Pete say the blow was to the chest and knocked his wind out?

sutz

Reaction score
Osprey":mh29bm8w said:
ivotuk":mh29bm8w said:

I haven’t rewatched it, but didn’t Pete say the blow was to the chest and knocked his wind out?
Pretty sure that was the final description of what happened. IIRC the TV announcers said it wasn't a helmet to helmet hit.

I also haven't re-watched it, though.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Watched it last night, and was shocked nobody has mentioned it. My eyes aren't what they used to be, let alone my memory, but pretty sure it was helmet to helmet.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score

potatohead33

Reaction score
He was knocked out, or at the very least he was seriously dazed. His arms went to the side as he was falling and he fumbled the ball. I was happily surprised he passed concussion protocol.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Now I'm really pissed! I went back and watched that hit by the Dolphin's #44 Elandon Roberts was most definitely Head to Head!

The Crown of his helmet went hard in to the Left Side of Chris Carson's helmet and knocked him silly!

Chris Carson, tough as he is said "I got the wind knocked out of me," in order to avoid goinmg out of the game!

That should have been a 15 yard penalty with an EJECTION on Roberts!

potatohead33

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ss5r5bn said:
Now I'm really pissed! I went back and watched that hit by the Dolphin's #44 Elandon Roberts was most definitely Head to Head!

The Crown of his helmet went hard in to the Left Side of Chris Carson's helmet and knocked him silly!

Chris Carson, tough as he is said "I got the wind knocked out of me," in order to avoid goinmg out of the game!

That should have been a 15 yard penalty with an EJECTION on Roberts!

Carson's PC yesterday (maybe Wednesday?) he said the guy hit him in the head but didn't admit to being knocked senseless for a few seconds.

He also said Trysten Hill texted him and apologized.

HawkerD

Reaction score
I can’t recall seeing that called on a running back on a running play. I am sure it has been called but it is very rare. The big difference on the Diggs tackle was the defenseless receiver aspect. In the trenches there is going to be a lot of helmet banging.