Cody Barton looking good

ivotuk

Reaction score
4 tackles and 1 pass defensed. He tipped that pass that Neal intercepted. His reflexes are cat quick.

Dave Wyman really likes him and said his "zone drops are excellent, and between this year, and last (his rookie year), he's come close to picking off a couple of passes. Wyman figures with a little more playing time that Barton is going to be a real asset to this team.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
BOB, DAVE AND MOORE

Hour 3 - Cody Barton joins the show

Our "Seahawks Spotlight" shines on linebacker Cody Barton who talks about the difference between his rookie year and this crazy season.

Jim challenges Cody to a game of Horse because that's what he does.

Plus the guys break down the keys to beating Dallas on Sunday.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Moore

Tical21

Reaction score
His missed tackle was the biggest embarrassment of a tackle attempt I have ever seen. He should be caned and stoned.

PNW

Reaction score
ivotuk":4i5twmrf said:
4 tackles and 1 pass defensed. He tipped that pass that Neal intercepted. His reflexes are cat quick.

Dave Wyman really likes him and said his "zone drops are excellent, and between this year, and last (his rookie year), he's come close to picking off a couple of passes. Wyman figures with a little more playing time that Barton is going to be a real asset to this team.
I was excited for Cody but lately he’s been whiffing badly on tackles, he needs to make those moving forward or someone else should get a shot in my opinion. Go Hawks!

Own The West

Reaction score
A line backer that can't tackle, can't be a line backer. He's a ways away.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I think Wyman is very wrong. Barton is horrible.

potatohead33

Reaction score
Tical21":3g090uxg said:
His missed tackle was the biggest embarrassment of a tackle attempt I have ever seen. He should be caned and stoned.

I laughed it was so bad

Polk738

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game but that missed tackle was in the highlights and holy hell that was bad, are you sure we're thinking of the same Cody Barton?

PNW

Reaction score
Looks like we’re looking at a few LBs this week including Michael Kendrick, either Barton isn’t producing enough to give the coaches confidence or he’s injured. *Edited looks like a report of Barton having a quad injury.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think he is looking better, not good. He seems less confused, but still has a ways to go.

One thing that is promising is that he didn't break Coach Carol's nose last week.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
If Kendrick is in shape...bring him in. Since he's been in Seattle, I've really liked his style of play. He's fast and takes solid angles, and good in coverage. It must be the court thing that kept him from being signed before this. Quality player.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Barton was in on several key stops today and had a nice open-field tackle. He also had some horrid plays.

That's pretty much the state of the entire defense right now. Some amazing, some cringeworthy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16iknvhr said:
Barton was in on several key stops today and had a nice open-field tackle. He also had some horrid plays.

That's pretty much the state of the entire defense right now. Some amazing, some cringeworthy.
I think Cody needs to get a little stronger. Supposedly he’s 237 lbs. at 6’2”. I’d like to see him put about 5-10 pounds of muscle on. Bobby is listed at 6’ and 242.

ttown0026

Reaction score
It was tough grading Barton for me. At times he was getting pushed back 7 yards and then making the tackle and others he stones the lead blocker and the game stopping play. Probably need to see more reps from him. It's too bad Brooks was injured, that would have been an excellent game for him to play with the hawks using more run heavy schemes.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ttown0026":2z89h9my said:
It was tough grading Barton for me. At times he was getting pushed back 7 yards and then making the tackle and others he stones the lead blocker and the game stopping play. Probably need to see more reps from him. It's too bad Brooks was injured, that would have been an excellent game for him to play with the hawks using more run heavy schemes.

Yep.. made the tackle 10 yards down field.

niveky

Reaction score
I think that maybe he isn't as terrible as a few of you on here are saying. When i was watching the game he was right there on 2 or 3 really good stops for no gain, loss. Not sure if all were credited to him or not but he was at the right place at the right time and making a great play. He is a second year player that is still developing right. Also a later round prospect right. not every late round prospect they get has come in killing it all the time. I think that he definitely has room to grow but from what I have seen there is some upside there. How much, not sure, but maybe keep the jury out on him at least through the rest of this season.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
niveky":2g4wg6pn said:
I think that maybe he isn't as terrible as a few of you on here are saying. When i was watching the game he was right there on 2 or 3 really good stops for no gain, loss. Not sure if all were credited to him or not but he was at the right place at the right time and making a great play. He is a second year player that is still developing right. Also a later round prospect right. not every late round prospect they get has come in killing it all the time. I think that he definitely has room to grow but from what I have seen there is some upside there. How much, not sure, but maybe keep the jury out on him at least through the rest of this season.

Everything considered, this is probably a reasonable assessment of the situation. Hopefully Barton continues to develop into a starting caliber NFL LB.