Mychal “Insider Trading” Kendricks is visiting Seattle

Cirmman

Reaction score
Free agent LB Mychal Kendricks is visiting the Seattle Seahawks today, per source. Chance to reunite with his team from 2018-19.

Osprey

Reaction score
Ended his season on an ACL so this could just be a health check ala Britt a few weeks back.

Polk738

Reaction score
After seeing Barton's play I'm all for this move as long as they don't play so much base defense this year

PNW

Reaction score
Love it! I hope he passes physicals and comes back, huge upgrade over Cody Barton.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
I like Kendricks. I wonder who the other linebackers are?

FPD

Reaction score
Cirmman":ngm7jl4c said:
Free agent LB Mychal Kendricks is visiting the Seattle Seahawks today, per source. Chance to reunite with his team from 2018-19.

Make it so!

OP
OP
Cirmman

Cirmman

Reaction score
Seattle is signing LB Mychal Kendricks to its practice squad today, per source. Kendricks returns to his former team with an eye on working his way back to the the Seahawks’ active roster.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yup from PFT today

When free agent linebacker Mychal Kendricks had his sentencing for an insider trading conviction pushed back from October to January, it guaranteed he would be available to play this year. And now he’ll get the opportunity.

Kendricks is signing with the Seahawks’ practice squad today and will have an opportunity to sign to the active roster once he’s in shape and ready to go, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

In 2018, while a member of the Browns, Kendricks pleaded guilty to insider trading. The Browns promptly cut him, but the Seahawks signed him. He served an eight-game suspension for the conviction but still hasn’t served a prison sentence after a series of sentencing delays. Kendricks started 14 games for the Seahawks last year but suffered a torn ACL in the last game of the regular season.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to say I'm in favor.

I wasn't last year. His sentencing was supposed to happen at any time and that would have been disruptive. It still can theoretically happen but with covid clogging up the courts, I don't see that being sped up this year.

He's had a year playing under our system and with the same coaches so that's another thing esp as we're starting to get banged up.

Finally if we didn't snag him someone else would have. I'm sort of surprised the 49ers didn't jump first but they likely eventually would have, so we would have seen this guy again but been playing against him. Disadvantage for us.

For all these 2020ish reasons, I'm for him this year.

rcaido

Reaction score
This is great, he was not a liability on the field and looked a lot better then KJ last year. Brooks injury must still be far off and Barton is too inconsistent. This is an awesome pickup.

Osprey

Reaction score
Can he do spot duty at LEO? Obviously a little shy of the ideal build, but I think he’s got some bend to his game.