Kam Chancellor showing Ryan Neal the ropes

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawks safety Jamal Adams is still injured, but Ryan Neal is ready — and studying with Kam Chancellor

Oct. 7, 2020 at 6:11 pm Updated Oct. 7, 2020 at 6:11 pm

But right at the top of the list of everything that’s happened this season came last week after a practice, when Carroll tapped him on the shoulder and told him to come to his office and get Kam Chancellor’s number because Chancellor wanted to talk to him.

“I’m like, ‘Oh God, Kam, this is Kam,’’’ Neal said. “Even though I see him every day, coming up in the football world everybody watched the Legion of Boom and it was like, ‘This is Kam Chancellor. This is the guy.’’’

Chancellor told Neal he wanted to watch film with him and give him tips,
so the two spent time almost every day last week talking football.

“It was the best thing ever for him to just reach out and tell me exactly how he saw it, how he see things,’’ Neal said. “And he was breaking down my clips and just telling me what to look at, when to look at it and all that. I mean it was one of the coolest experiences I’ve had being in the league so far, just getting that kind of advice from a legendary dude.’’

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... _inset_1.1[instagram][/instagram]

chris98251

Reaction score
Kam would not spend that kind of time with a guy going to be cut or that he didn't think has potential.

FPD

Reaction score
That's awesome! Once again, I knew I liked this kid!

FPD":37emyf80 said:
I'm not sure about his football skills. However, after listening to This Interview, I'm really pulling for the guy! He just seems genuine, funny, intelligent and energetic. An overall Seahawk type of guy, I think.

Original Thread

p.s. If you haven't listened to that interview, you should. It's definitely worthwhile!

toffee

Reaction score
Kam is seriously involved and reached out to help. Is Baldwin doing the same?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Kam just needs to coach already. He is the leader this defense needs.

sutz

Reaction score
Great to see the legacy players come in and offer up their time and skills to help the young guys grow into the job.

:2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Love seeing the legends of this team sticking around and helping out the new guys. And the respect that Kam brings is next level.

nwHawk

Reaction score
This is the difference between Kam and Earl. Bam Bam is still a team first guy. ROH!!!

RCATES

Reaction score
Neal has that "it factor" that gets you noticed in this league. Blair was that guy to start the year. Now it's Neal. Couldn't be more excited for this kids growth. Need to put him in the slot when Adams returns.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, and listening to Paul Moyer talk about how Neil plays and his ability to see the field, be in the right position etc. was pretty cool. I'll always take the opinion of someone who actually played in the NFL a little more serious. Neal does seem to have some real skills. Good problem to have when we have a lot of depth on this team.

hawk45

Reaction score
Eh who cares.

Sherman liked tharold Simon.

Greatness isn’t transferred by osmosis.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I care. Having Kam work with the guy is a positive. Sponging off those who have been there and done it is a GOOD thing.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It's cool that these guys are willing to help some of these new dudes even though they're not even on the team (and getting paid) anymore. I mean that's clearly just volunteer work. So pretty cool to read. And of course I do hope it helps, you think it would. Neal may not become a probowl player but hey anytime you can get some guidance from a proven player it's going to elevate your game.

toffee

Reaction score
nwHawk":1wajor2l said:
This is the difference between Kam and Earl. Bam Bam is still a team first guy. ROH!!!
Where is Baldwin? Lots of young WRs here.

JGreen79

Reaction score
hawk45":1mnr0lzb said:
Eh who cares.

Simon likely had the talent but lacked the drive to get there. It doesnt sound like Neal lacks the drive at all.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
toffee":1apuhzjn said:
nwHawk":1apuhzjn said:
Where is Baldwin? Lots of young WRs here.

Baldwin is retired. Not all ex players need to come back and help. Though, it is cool when so.

hawk45

Reaction score
JGreen79":nalendxd said:
hawk45":nalendxd said:
Eh who cares.

Simon likely had the talent but lacked the drive to get there. It doesnt sound like Neal lacks the drive at all.

Doesn't sound like it now, but we didn't hear about Simon lacking drive when he was here either until he fizzled.

Hey I like Neal, I just don't get excited when current or former great players take other players under their wing. I put zero currency on the fact that Kam is involved. If Neal is a player, he'll be a player and Kam's tutelage can't hurt. If he isn't a player, no amount of HOF tutelage is going to matter.