Bring Dan Quinn back he should be available Monday

vtxretro02

Reaction score
Looks like the Falcons will be letting Dan Quinn go ...Do you think there’s any chance he would want to come back and work with us in some defensive capacity??? Please make it so Pete and John!!!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Nah Pete SL fn loyalty to Norton runs deep. Talking about a dude who coached him when they with the 49ers

massari

Reaction score
Quinn had bad defenses with the Falcons 5 out of 6 seasons. Maybe he just lucked out with the Seahawks elite talent.

chet380

Reaction score
It depends on his contract -- if he might jeopardize his compensation by signing with another club, he definitely won't join the Hawks.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, let's fire a defensive co-ordinator when we're 5-0.

Clowns.

massari

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1v9f7zxf said:

Clowns.
I have no opinion on the DC, but they're 5-0 because the have one of the best QB's to ever play. Their defense is one of, if not the worst in the league currently.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3otvpa3y said:
That does sound crazy but just hear me out... what if we bring in the guy who just got fired in week 5 largely due to how bad his defense has been.

Chrisv2069

Reaction score
I wouldn't call them clowns. I think people are having a hard time watching a sh!t show that is the defense. Luckily it hasn't cost us a win yet but it will. Hopefully not in the playoffs.

getnasty

Reaction score
AgentDib":foeaakyp said:
Hockey Guy":foeaakyp said:
That does sound crazy but just hear me out... what if we bring in the guy who just got fired in week 5 largely due to how bad his defense has been.

This is great

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":howzg5zu said:

Clowns.

We're not 5 - 0 because of the defense...far from it. Ok...wait I'll give you the New England game, beyond that, no.

pinksheets

Reaction score
We've beaten mostly bad teams and despite bottom of the league defensive performance. Something has to happen if we're pretending this team can contend. Happy to be 5-0, but I think the record is misleading. Don't know if that's Quinn, but Norton ain't it.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
getnasty":829utizu said:
AgentDib":829utizu said:
Hockey Guy":829utizu said:

This is great

Pete is coaching a team with one of the worse defenses (statistically) in NFL history right now. Even though Pete has always been referred to as a defensive master mind.

The thing that is saving our bacon on defense is big, timely plays that could also be attributed to Pets philosophy. In other words, those plays don't go away with improved defense. They are likely to increase.

As for affording Quinn's contract. He wouldn't factor into the cap so it's just a question of weather the organization could justify his salary. Not optimum but totally doable if you believe he is worth it as well as the possibility of renegotiating/restructuring his pay.

I believe he is the key missing piece to this organization being a Superbowl contender. If that's true, you make it happen.