You guys ready to have Norton fired yet???

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
You may not have heard but we won, YAY!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
PlinytheCenter

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2jdbrv9q said:
You may not have heard but we won, YAY!!!!!!!!

Yeah well kinda getting tired of last minute miracles. Not sure what the hell is going on here as Pete's forte is defense; with the secondary being his baby. Could be the weird year, but they're giving up historical yardage.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Don’t think we can sustain things with this defense, but what do I know.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Gotta admit it's really hard to believe we can be so generous defensively and still be 5-0. Sure helps to have opposing coaches go for it deep in the red zone instead of taking the points. We got 2 possessions that way tonight to win by 1. Also stopped their 2 -pt try. VERY fortunate to get this win. But we did it. Again.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
This defense is maddening. Every time we rave about benching players, they go out and do that. Jarran Reed, Benson Mayowa, Cody Barton...what do you do?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
It’s cute that people somehow think if we just changed Defensive coordinators all would be well.
It’s quite clear we don’t have the horses on defense to be consistent and good, no manner of coaching
Is going to change that imo.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":1gpolntb said:
You're getting tired of winning?

Cool story.

The D can be still be really really bad while winning.

PNW

Reaction score
While I do agree there are issues defensively, our back 2 back SB’s we had soooo many close last second wins, it’s never easy in the NFL. We didn’t get beat over the top, the D came up clutch when we really needed it and we really got good pressure. Yes we got ran on, however we have Snacks coming to help tighten things up in the run game. Plus once Jamal Adams comes back we’re in even a better spot. Go Hawks!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Smellyman":2gxtp5a3 said:
Hockey Guy":2gxtp5a3 said:
You're getting tired of winning?

Cool story.

The D can be still be really really bad while winning.

Yeah, but if anybody thinks firing a fairly long time & well liked coach mid-season will go over well in the locker room & improve things then that person is an idiot.

Seriously, you'd have to lack common sense to advocate firing a major coach when the team is 5-0. It is one thing to say "we're struggling & we have a lot of work to do to improve week by week" but another to say "fire the coach" & think things will miraculously do a 180 on defense while keeping the team mentally together.

I guess everybody enjoyed the finger pointing ways during the LOB days.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Just because they won’t doesn’t mean anything for the defense. Norton HAS TO GO. Winning doesn’t make him a genius. Especially when his defense calls mostly have the dbs line up 10yards off the receivers and then drop back about another 5–10 for free 1st downs.

I’m sorry I’m tired of it, cool so they’re not getting burned in the back.. but they’re being kept on the field and giving up 1st downs in front of them... doesn’t help.

I’d rather have a more aggressive defense. Jam the Wrs, bump them off their routes throw the timing off. It would also help some of our rushers (what we do have) hit home.

Minny has had to almost rebuild their defense and they did just fine. Why? Coaching. Not lack of talent. We have the talent we see flashes of it, it’s lapses in coaching that we have a vast amount of that needs to go bye bye with Norton.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
JPatera76":39gzblir said:
Just because they won’t doesn’t mean anything for the defense. Norton HAS TO GO. Winning doesn’t make him a genius. Especially when his defense calls mostly have the dbs line up 10yards off the receivers and then drop back about another 5–10 for free 1st downs.

I’m sorry I’m tired of it, cool so they’re not getting burned in the back.. but they’re being kept on the field and giving up 1st downs in front of them... doesn’t help.

I’d rather have a more aggressive defense. Jam the Wrs, bump them off their routes throw the timing off. It would also help some of our rushers (what we do have) hit home.

Minny has had to almost rebuild their defense and they did just fine. Why? Coaching. Not lack of talent. We have the talent we see flashes of it, it’s lapses in coaching that we have a vast amount of that needs to go bye bye with Norton.

So Minny's defense was "just fine" and gave up 27 points.

Our defense was trash and gave up....26???

I'm certainly not happy with how our D is playing either, but lets not make strange comments along the way :)

The Breh

Reaction score
This is not a defense sustainable for a deep playoff run amongst contenders.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The Breh":1di4gmvq said:

What about a healthy defense with Jamal Adams, Snacks and company?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawkpower":25ii0u78 said:
The Breh":25ii0u78 said:

What about a healthy defense with Jamal Adams, Snacks and company?

Today really showed a vet DT to stuff the run is def needed.

Bobby wasn't kept clean all day, LBs were just getting washed out on runs.