Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guys ready to have Norton fired yet???

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • This team has the best QB in the NFL.

It also has near zero chance at going to the SB because of this defense.

If this team does not figure out how to mitigate or overcome Norton's incompetence...we might continue to underachieve in the playoffs like it has for the past 5 years. We win wildcard games. We should be better with the best QB in the NFL. Even the Packers, with effing McCarthy, won an occasional division game.

If we continue to roll with Norton, it almost won't matter how good Wilson is. Because the Vikings are not a playoff team. The playoff teams will win games against terrible defenses. Wilson is going to have to score every drive to win them, and I don't see Pete allowing that.

Pete has held Wilson back in the playoffs for near 5 years now. You could argue we lost 1 playoff game because Wilson had a bad game (Against the Panthers). But the rest of the losses was just Pete refusing to use Wilson until it was too late.

The one great thing about Norton being so bad is that Pete finally has to use Wilson. But now we know Wilson is good, maybe we can shcan Norton, who will be the reason we underperform in the playoffs.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• capncrunch wrote:
    Palpitation wrote:Bring in Quinn as a D consultant.

Yes.

Pretty sure if Quin accepts any job, he will no longer get paid from Atlanta. (Fired coaches still get their contracts honored...unless they violated it.)

So, we would need to match the remaining contract to even entice him. Somebody look it up. I'm at work.
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• HagFaithful wrote:
    capncrunch wrote:
    Palpitation wrote:Bring in Quinn as a D consultant.

Yes.

Pretty sure if Quin accepts any job, he will no longer get paid from Atlanta. (Fired coaches still get their contracts honored...unless they violated it.)

So, we would need to match the remaining contract to even entice him. Somebody look it up. I'm at work.

I'm pretty sure coaches aren't the same as cut players when it comes to their contracts.

Now maybe Quinn wants to take the rest of the year off and wait until the off season to see if he can get another HC gig, but I don't think his contract would prevent us from hiring him onto the staff now.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• TwistedHusky wrote:This team has the best QB in the NFL.

It also has near zero chance at going to the SB because of this defense.

If this team does not figure out how to mitigate or overcome Norton's incompetence...we might continue to underachieve in the playoffs like it has for the past 5 years. We win wildcard games. We should be better with the best QB in the NFL. Even the Packers, with effing McCarthy, won an occasional division game.

If we continue to roll with Norton, it almost won't matter how good Wilson is. Because the Vikings are not a playoff team. The playoff teams will win games against terrible defenses. Wilson is going to have to score every drive to win them, and I don't see Pete allowing that.

Pete has held Wilson back in the playoffs for near 5 years now. You could argue we lost 1 playoff game because Wilson had a bad game (Against the Panthers). But the rest of the losses was just Pete refusing to use Wilson until it was too late.

The one great thing about Norton being so bad is that Pete finally has to use Wilson. But now we know Wilson is good, maybe we can shcan Norton, who will be the reason we underperform in the playoffs.

We are 20th in the league in points per game

Our biggest (likely) challenger in the NFC-Green Bay- is 18th.

Not sure I draw the same conclusions about the impossibility of a deep playoff run.

This isnt the 2010, 2015 or even the 2019 NFL. Defenses everywhere pretty much suck.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Even at the height of our defense's greatness, they were prone to over run plays, get out of position and free lance.

Now we're seeing the same things, but with inferior talent. So instead of giving up 1-2 huge plays a game because of bad gap or coverage responsibility, we're seeing it 8-10 times a game.

Does this mean it's Norton's fault? No, but he's obviously not effective in film review sessions and practice making sure these things don't continue to happen.

Long story short, no you don't fire one of your coordinators at 5-0, but I'd be perfectly happy bringing in Quinn as an advisor to help Norton.........then in the off season if Pete still thinks Norton isn't a good fit? Quinn slides in.

This...
    Palpitation
    NET Bench Warmer

• Simply firing Norton will not (fully) resolve the issue.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• For me it's easy to isolate my concerns with the defense. For the D-line it's obvious, we lack personnel and to an extent it is also true of the DB, but when did that zone become so soft?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• How many player when healthy on this team would start on Dan Quinns defenses of 12 and 13? Maybe Jamal Adams over Kam? Maybe Shaq over Browner? Couple that iwith the style of offense on this team compared 2012 and 2013. No doubt the defense has to get better starting with Norton but Dan Quinn is not the answer.

They need to stop the run, keep the ball in front of them, stay positive in the turnover battle and they'll be fine.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• LTH wrote:
    sutz wrote:I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

I think our D plays with heart and prides itself on making big plays when it really matters! They have shown that all year long... Period!

LTH

KJ Wright's high point intercept at our scoring end of the field was a thing of beauty.
    Also, The Seahawks 'D' stopped Cam Newton on 4th & goal, beating Bill Billicheat's Patriots.
    When the chips are down, they just keep coming through, AND, even when we had the LOB, Wilson still had to win a bunch of squeakers.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• scutterhawk wrote:
    LTH wrote:
    sutz wrote:I know folks like to drink the Haterade around here sometimes, but I would like to point out that we were only down 13 at the half. It could have been considerably worse.

:stirthepot:

I think our D plays with heart and prides itself on making big plays when it really matters! They have shown that all year long... Period!

LTH

KJ Wright's high point intercept at our scoring end of the field was a thing of beauty.
    Also, The Seahawks 'D' stopped Cam Newton on 4th & goal, beating Bill Billicheat's Patriots.
    When the chips are down, they just keep coming through, AND, even when we had the LOB, Wilson still had to win a bunch of squeakers.

Agree on your points! Also that KJ interception was some Spider-Man type of Sh*t!!!
    PNW
    NET Rookie

• [quote="Palpitation"]Bring in Quinn as a D consultant.[/quot

No thanks, So we can blow games like the Falcons. He is damaged goods, still feel the effects of the super bowl.
    TorontoHawk
    NET Veteran

• Pete sets the scheme not Norton. Norton isn't working in a vacuum and pressing all the buttons solely. Pete is heavily involved. Does the defense need to improve? Yes. However there are many factors involved - no preseason, new players on defense, injuries, etc. They have shown they are capable of good defense. They haven't been consistent. That 3rd quarter against Minnesota, the defense played superbly.

They are leading the NFL in turnover differential. They have been very opportunistic. So there is a positive. Let's see how Harrison, a healthy Adams, do after the bye. I think they will be better. If they struggle, I really don't believe it's just one person's fault. The defense hasn't been very good since 2017.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Quinn was our DC in 2013 and 2014. Bring him back!
    ballard1951
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:22 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information