Pete’s Loyalty to a subpar coach again..

JPatera76

Reaction score
Is killing us. And making stuff harder than is needs to be. I get Pete respects and likes him. But neither are on the same page. Hell in one video conference Pete said it was communication issues and Norton said communication was fine.

I don’t care the Pete got to coach Norton back in their 49er days. But Norton needs to go. He’s for aweful. I’ll take Bradley over him at this point. I’ll gladly take Quinn as well..

I’ll even consider Bevell if he switched to Defense

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’d love to bring Quinn back but credit where it’s due ... Norton’s defense got the ball back when the game was on the line.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Just because we won doesn’t make the terribly COACHED defense go away.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2v5dfqlp said:
It's one of those deals you just have to shake your head and dwell on the positive. Otherwise the negative will eat you alive.
I get that. Especially right now. I don’t think any coaching changes happen mid season right now.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
JPatera76":3o2muu6v said:
Just because we won doesn’t make the terribly COACHED defense go away.

We won five, though.

The biggest reason we're struggling is lack of talent, which Ken Norton had no control over. Defensive line is thin and Tre Flowers is just awful. Flowers alone is probably 40% of it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Honestly, Cook was eating us alive...running at will, extending drives. I felt like the game changed the instant he went out, then Mattison started destroying us too, lol. I am super glad it was him on that 4th down, not Cook.

NJlargent

Reaction score
mikeak":nl43lr6i said:
The FO didn't get pass rushers in the off-season. This is not all on DC

Quinn is not making a difference with the players we have. As good as Adams is, we needed rushers. But I am hoping the defense improves just enough that we are in the games late in the playoffs.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3ic1e5k0 said:
We won, YAY!!!!!
Blinders On

Blinders off: Seahawks were absolutely dominated last night and escaped with a insanely lucky win.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
RCATES":2jp92q4e said:
Hockey Guy":2jp92q4e said:
We won, YAY!!!!!
Blinders On

Blinders off: Seahawks were absolutely dominated last night and escaped with a insanely lucky win.

Yeah, we seem to get lucky a lot.

Nobody is saying we don't have issues that need work but going to the immediate default position of "fire the coach" is the textbook definition of "blinders on".

I will guarantee you, nothing would lose the locker room quicker than firing a coach that has clearly not lost the room & they are undefeated.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Well, if we're going there, don't you think time of possession killed the defense? They couldn't have been playing at 100% since they were on the field the whole night. Football is a team game, and last night a damn good football team found a way to win a prime time game against a tough defense and a team that was desperate. Zimmer seat has to be a little warm, and last night it was sweet to be a Hawk!

Just enjoy it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RCATES":1gvm3wdh said:
Hockey Guy":1gvm3wdh said:
We won, YAY!!!!!
Blinders On

Forcing multiple turnovers is not "insanely lucky". It's good defense.

Our defense belongs in a category that's neither good nor bad, exactly; it's usually referred to as "opportunistic". We heard ad nauseum about NE's opportunistic defense in 2012, for example. It basically meant they weren't a dominant defense at all, but made the plays when they mattered. That's what we have.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2mwnx96e said:
I’d love to bring Quinn back but credit where it’s due ... Norton’s defense got the ball back when the game was on the line.

It was one of the two times a day when a broken clock clock is right.