Cody Barton

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, he made a few big plays & didn't totally whiff on any tackles so he was decent.

Sea84hawks

Reaction score
Stats don't show the whole story. I saw him it of position on may of the positive run plays.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":2ef0rdm6 said:
Stats don't show the whole story. I saw him it of position on may of the positive run plays.
He has to get better at reading and diagnosing as well as beating blocks to be a starting caliber LB. But he did show some growth from the last couple weeks so there may be hope.

OP
OP

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":101gnb1f said:

Of course! He made some big plays as well. I guess I forgot how unwelcome positivity is around here these days. Lol.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Cody Barton and Bobby Wagner with THE defensive play of the year so far for the seahawks

PNW

Reaction score
Barton was great, he definitely improved! He was key on a few screens and that 4th down stop he completely sold out to smash that fullback. Very happy with his play overall.

sutz

Reaction score
It was like what? He second start? :snack:

OP
OP

3-2-16-4-6

Reaction score
sutz":ofsrljy0 said:
It was like what? He second start? :snack:

Correct. I just liked the improvement while Brooks is on the mend. Depth this year will be huge! Semper Fi!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He looked terrible early.

I even called him garbage because he was playing like it.

But that crucial stop on the 4th and 1, I think he played a part in shutting that down.

That was huge.

sutz

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1nmgi3oj said:
He looked terrible early.

I even called him garbage because he was playing like it.

But that crucial stop on the 4th and 1, I think he played a part in shutting that down.

That was huge.
Baton stonewalled the lead blocker and forced the play to one side, and Wags came in and made the stop.

getnasty

Reaction score
I thought he looked bad on all but one play and it was a game saving play. Most of his tackles were 6 yards down the field because he can't get off a block. Hopefully continues to get better but not impressed tonight.

BigFloppy

Reaction score
getnasty":20twoze3 said:
I thought he looked bad on all but one play and it was a game saving play. Most of his tackles were 6 yards down the field because he can't get off a block. Hopefully continues to get better but not impressed tonight.

I agree with this. He had 2 or 3 really good plays and a lot of Kuechly tackles.

Nunya

Reaction score
Sea84hawks":273g0u42 said:

Was not aware that the Seahawks released their playbook.....'cause you would not know whether he was out of position unless you know the play design and his assignments.