The Drive

D

DomeHawk

When we got the ball I said, with two minutes to go in the game this isn't like a normal drive, this is four down territory. Give Russ four downs to get a first down and he'll find a way. It was a thing of beauty.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I was pretty happy just to get the ball back & give Russ a chance. The fact they didn't go for the 8 point lead made it even better IMO.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2i1iy37s said:
I was pretty happy just to get the ball back & give Russ a chance. The fact they didn't go for the 8 point lead made it even better IMO.

True. It would have forced overtime, then a Coin Toss win, along with drive to TD for Russell and we fans would have had to sweat another 15 - 20 minutes for the victory. Not sure I could have taken that. :shock:

samwize77

Reaction score
DomeHawk":350rylf8 said:
When we got the ball I said, with two minutes to go in the game this isn't like a normal drive, this is four down territory. Give Russ four downs to get a first down and he'll find a way. It was a thing of beauty.

...lol...I would not call it a thing of beauty....but certainly was a "happy ending".....if it were beautiful we would never had been in 4th and 10...and 4th and goal. And my life would now be a few minutes longer....lol...oh the anxiety!!...lol...

I definitely understand where you are coming from though!! Things could not have turned out better in considering downs to time left. If Russ had gone downfield fast then to much time would have been left...... :irishdrinkers:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Drive.

We may just refer to it in that way even at the end of the season. Those are the types of things that can catapult a team.

For Russ? Just another day at the office.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was more surprised to see him bounce one to the sidelines. Then, missing Moore who was wide open. The rain and wind clearly had an impact imo.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":26fsr78p said:
I was more surprised to see him bounce one to the sidelines. Then, missing Moore who was wide open. The rain and wind clearly had an impact imo.

Those two passes were back to.back right after the scramble to start the drive if i remember correctly.

Was not a good sign.

A ridiculous drive, really..

Own The West

Reaction score
Aros":xj2hfycw said:
The Drive.

We may just refer to it in that way even at the end of the season. Those are the types of things that can catapult a team.

"The Drive" will sadly forever be associated with John Elway. Also, this was a throwaway game in week 5 of a season that will end in the playoffs if we can't get our defense sorted. Chances are nobody outside this fan base will remember it two weeks from now.

It was a thing of amazement though. Russ will surely get his first MVP vote(s) this year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'll be very surprised if this game isn't added to the instant classic list re-broadcast through the years on espn. The media reaction post game has been intense. They'll use the Russ reference for late game TD drives from now on. There were several records broken/set during this game. A game like that won't be swept under the rug.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Own The West":1l63uw69 said:
Aros":1l63uw69 said:
The Drive.

"The Drive" will sadly forever be associated with John Elway. Also, this was a throwaway game in week 5 of a season that will end in the playoffs if we can't get our defense sorted. Chances are nobody outside this fan base will remember it two weeks from now.

It was a thing of amazement though. Russ will surely get his first MVP vote(s) this year.

Strange takeaway...

It was worth celebrating for a number of reasons. Noones suggezting to goes into the annals of NFL lore.

LTH

Reaction score
Russ Is not human... he is a machine...nothing affects this guy...truly phenomenal!

LTH

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":q2x1djev said:
The Twilight Zone level responses after WINS continues...….

I understand the desire to dissect good and bad. Its why message boards exist.

I'm surprised at the lack of excitement and celebration of a 5-0 team and its HoF qb though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Look, they played like garbage for much of Sunday, no denying it. But, this has been a fun season, and 5-0 is a hell of a start.