4th and 10 deep ball to Metcalf.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-locat ... -10-pickup

Watch the DB over run that ball by 5 yards. He has his eyes on it the entire time but just keeps running and leaves DK wide open for the catch. My only explanation is that Wilson's moon ball is hard to track for players that haven't seen it before, like it looks like it will travel further and then just drops from the sky.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
The ball probably would have gone farther in the air if it hadn't been soaking wet. I noticed more than a few passes drop out early.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That play was incredible. Good throw by Wilson, great ball tracking and leaping snag by DK. That was beautiful

Reaction score
Watching it live and until you pointed this out, I thought that the DB just made a horrible play on the ball - Now looking back, I see that he was in fact playing the ball and was setting himself up to intercept where the ball was going to...he just didn't factor in how much taller DK was than him and how high DK could leap - this is one situation where the DB may have been better playing DK than the ball.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Watching live I was like "WTF is the DB doing".

Pretty happy he "misplayed" it but I think DK was coming down with that ball anyways.

HawkerD

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":waxpzwoh said:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-locates-metcalf-downfield-for-clutch-fourth-and-10-pickup

Watch the DB over run that ball by 5 yards. He has his eyes on it the entire time but just keeps running and leaves DK wide open for the catch. My only explanation is that Wilson's moon ball is hard to track for players that haven't seen it before, like it looks like it will travel further and then just drops from the sky.

you are right!. Crazy. Looks to me that when the DB saw the ball in the air he completely forgot there was another player also trying to catch the ball. HAHA. Lots of credit to DK for adjusting the route in order to high point the ball instead of continuing to go to where the ball was going to come down. DK is no MEGATROM. He is F'ing OPTIMUS PRIME. That should be his nickname!

D

DomeHawk

see my thread where Travis Homer throws a key block for Russ on that play.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It def. died a little bit. But the way Russ puts so much air under it allows a beast like DK to adjust and attack the ball. The corner was so worried about getting beat deep, he kind of played it that way.
And at the end of the 3rd quarter, the Vikings got incredibly lucky that Moore didn't come down with that TD.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When the camera got Metcalf and the defender in view, the defender was so far off I cringed for a second expecting a flag to fly, because for there to be that much separation my initial thought was DK pushed off.

sutz

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2bfpboir said:
When the camera got Metcalf and the defender in view, the defender was so far off I cringed for a second expecting a flag to fly, because for there to be that much separation my initial thought was DK pushed off.
I was more worried about that on the Dissly TD, where the defender fell down. I swore I saw a slight pushoff from Diss, but no laundry.

:bitenails:

Ramfan128

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1rs3zfox said:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/wilson-locates-metcalf-downfield-for-clutch-fourth-and-10-pickup

Nah after seeing Clinton-Dix freeze and gift Seattle a 2 pt conversion in the NFCCG, seeing Blair Walsh shank a 20 yard FG, seeing that DB not even try to contest that pass to DK Metcalf, and countless other plays over the years - there is no explanation. It's all luck, but at some point you have to say that somehow Seattle has acquired that luck because it just keeps happening.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
sutz":2oeaj19m said:
HawkRiderFan":2oeaj19m said:
I was more worried about that on the Dissly TD, where the defender fell down. I swore I saw a slight pushoff from Diss, but no laundry.

:bitenails:

Now that you mention it, I was concerned on that one too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's cute, Rams fan. Yeah, it's only luck that they have won a ridiculous amount of one score games the last 2 seasons. Let alone most of Russ' career. :roll:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Ramfan128":17s5irog said:
XxXdragonXxX":17s5irog said:

Nah after seeing Clinton-Dix freeze and gift Seattle a 2 pt conversion in the NFCCG, seeing Blair Walsh shank a 20 yard FG, seeing that DB not even try to contest that pass to DK Metcalf, and countless other plays over the years - there is no explanation. It's all luck, but at some point you have to say that somehow Seattle has acquired that luck because it just keeps happening.

if you think other teams around the league haven't had that kind of fortune too, you haven't been paying attention

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":4gq5r36x said:
XxXdragonXxX":4gq5r36x said:

What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ka82p2mm said:
That's cute, Rams fan. Yeah, it's only luck that they have won a ridiculous amount of one score games the last 2 seasons. Let alone most of Russ' career. :roll:

I didn't say that. Just that Seattle seems to always have this type of good fortune on their side

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Maulbert":15bvvhaf said:
Ramfan128":15bvvhaf said:
XxXdragonXxX":15bvvhaf said:

What do you call it when you commit obvious pass interference but don't draw a flag, essentially gifting your team an undeserved SB berth?

Also luck?

Similar to how an onside kick bouncing off of an opponents hands is pure luck and could also lead to an undeserved Super Bowl berth?

Ah but in both cases the teams went to overtime and earned the victory there, so maybe it wasn't just luck in both cases.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3026d3g8 said:
Ramfan128":3026d3g8 said:
XxXdragonXxX":3026d3g8 said:

if you think other teams around the league haven't had that kind of fortune too, you haven't been paying attention

Probably true, but I definitely don't pay as much attention to teams outside the NFC West.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds just like the media types, Ram. Hawks win a game, it's fortunate and/or luck.
Other teams win games, it's a gutsy performance. Denial doesn't change the fact that the Hawks get the job done.