Travis Homer plays key part in game-winning drive

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seahawks.Net Poster: I see no reason Homer ever sees the field.

Seahawks.Net Poster after watching that video: I see no reason to change my mind because I'm smarter than our coaching staff.

balakoth

Reaction score
Also Seahwks Net poster : Wow he did something right for once.... the coaches must know what they are doing :roll:

balakoth

Reaction score
So I watched it... and the poster above is trying to say... the coaches know what they are doing with Homer,. because he managed to throw his small ass in the way of someone? Holy smokes

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
balakoth":30x102ji said:
So I watched it... and the poster above is trying to say... the coaches know what they are doing with Homer,. because he managed to throw his small ass in the way of someone? Holy smokes

What I wrote somebody actually said on this board like almost word for word. The guy is a good in pass protection but yeah, he should be cut.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
balakoth":2chc1rt9 said:

You wanna provide an argument to the contrary, or no? Seems disingenuous to try to delegitimize pass blocking by referring to it as simply "throwing his small ass in the way of someone." Does Russell's small ass just flick the ball at people? Does Carson's small ass just carry the ball a few yards?

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Never would have imagined that such a seemingly innocuous post would cause controversy. But, that's just .NET.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3fnzq4uu said:
Never would have imagined that such a seemingly innocuous post would cause controversy. But, that's just .NET.

It's what happens when anyone tries to defend (or even references a good play by) the role player that people have chosen to be the new whipping boy, right or wrong.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Maelstrom787":2z17eut9 said:
DomeHawk":2z17eut9 said:

It's what happens when anyone tries to defend (or even references a good play by) the role player that people have chosen to be the new whipping boy, right or wrong.

But I wasn't trying to defend anyone, simply pointing out one play and the importance of RB blocking in pass protection.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1zvnd61p said:

You must have missed the 2 Collier threads where he did absolutely nothing to help stop Newton at the goal line & a guy who was hurt & on the sidelines made the play because that's the narrative they want to further.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1be9d448 said:
Maelstrom787":1be9d448 said:
DomeHawk":1be9d448 said:

But I wasn't trying to defend anyone, simply pointing out one play and the importance of RB blocking in pass protection.

I feel ya, man. I agree completely. I just think some people are determined to hate Homer because it's kind of a fad right now, and even referencing a good play by him to illustrate the importance of pass blocking will be construed as defending him by at least a few posters.

It's quite silly.

HawkerD

Reaction score
The dude is RB3 and has been elevated to RB2 because of Hyde's injury. Why waste the hate on the guy? Carson can't play every down and Homer is spelling him here and there. He is a competent Blocker and ST'er. I could see the hate if he was making a lot of money or we traded value to get him. I remember last year is was getting a lot of love. If there is anything to complain about it's how they use him on running plays, which I would attribute to Shotty and not Homer.